Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: %&$#@!(*&^..... I hate getting old

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
I bought an F6.... im married at 22! But that was the last "gift to me" for a while now
to true , you will now be buying diamonds , floral curtains and bedroom suites , womens shoes , you will have a fortnightly mortgage to a hair dressing salon , you will be paying for outings , holidays of your wifes choice , changing thew curtains cause the colours not right , and updating to a bigger house during your 1st childs pregnancy , but remember your driving an f6 dont argue with your wife cause shell have you on this one , perhaps she should even drive it , it shouldnt really be used as a daily work vehicle.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Did you go through insurance, or just pay for the repairs yourself?

Why isn't there a low voltage cut off switch for the fridge?
Does the van have its own battery? The dual battery controller should have prevented your vehicles battery from being flattened.

I have merely made enquiries at this stage, I cant book the car in for repairs until after xmas, possibly next year..he's not sure as he is pretty busy.....but I will go through insurance

when the van is hooked up to the car it draws directly from the car, supposed to be travelling so normally wouldn't be a problem and up until now hasn't been

the van does have its own battery, a 200 amp hour, deep cycle, AGM with own charging system

there is no dual battery controller, I was going to place a redarc isolator in the falcon, going through a set of anderson plugs to the batt....but found it unnecessary as the vans onboard battery has its own complex charging system including a C-Tek charger

everything in the van is run on 12 volt using only outside power sources to recharge the system

the jayco manual actually warns against leaving the van hooked to the car as there is a potential for a flat vehicle battery....but I only read the manual when all else fails ......I simply forgot about it with the crunching of the rear bumper

I shall look into placing an isolating switch of some sort, which is accessible from outside the vehicle at some stage in the future

up until now it hasn't been a problem, but if we produce enough dog poop in enough places then one day, as sure as god made little green apples, we will step on one

never mind, life is made up of small calamities as well as "little victories" how we deal with them determines our character

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #33
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
when I grow up I wanna be just like you poppa smurf.. you just seem to have it figured out.
I dont even know you and just from your posts here I get the impression your an accepting personality.

mate thanks for the compliment but I stress the importance of simply being YOU

just try to be the best you that you can possibly be, everyday look for the opportunities, they are there if you are receptive, be prepared to make an opportunity.....take lifes knocks and jump straight back in .....shrug them off...don't linger on them, it's a waste of time and effort

be ready for oppurtunities, give folks a smile, say G'day to a stranger.....go for that better job, be prepared to travel to get that job, save your money.....study more

when you find your dream job work hard to keep it

dont waste time with people who "cant be bothered"....."victims" or "bludgers".....and "doom sayers"......stay positive regardless of the circumstances.......life is too short

most of all......make good friends and treasure them for life

find a "soul mate"....an "equal partner" and worship the ground he/she walks on......life is not necessarily long but it is good

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
4 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
...it shouldnt really be used as a daily work vehicle.
Too late on that one... I work in the CBD so she drives it to work... sits in a car park all day, the shopping trolly boys have already put some 'custom' pinstripes on her that the doctor DIDN'T order!

Was going to save for a house but instead I'm currently ploughing money into a "Save the FPV Fund" ... I'm buying her a Mazda 3
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
Too late on that one... I work in the CBD so she drives it to work... sits in a car park all day, the shopping trolly boys have already put some 'custom' pinstripes on her that the doctor DIDN'T order!

Was going to save for a house but instead I'm currently ploughing money into a "Save the FPV Fund" ... I'm buying myself a Mazda 3
i edited your reply to make it more suitable .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed, getting old suks, i miss being young and invincible.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
went to move the van yesterday, backed in to hook up, possibly a bit quicker than usual, done it a million times so she'll be right

"BANG" followed by a "pop"......Hmm! that don't sound right, went and had a look, yep put half the van's receiver socket and adjusting bolt through my bumper, a fraction left of the ball right next to a reversing sensor
Being a Truck Driver I could make a comment about caravan drivers......... but it's Christmas so I'll just say what you said....Bugger!
Old 20-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oy!!! .......enough out of you!

Old 20-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #39
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Get yourself an R-Spec; that will increase your visibility!
I suspect you're not wrong.
Best thing about owning one of these SC beasts is when you bury the throttle all the way down to the firewall for a few moments in time you feel young and invinceable all over again If only you could bottle that feeling and enjoy it all the time
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post