Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ECU Code

Salutations

I recently had some work done on my car which included diagnosing a faulty ECU and replacing.

I know this may sound strange but the car sounds / acts different so would an ECU from say a manual forte work in my vehicle.

Mine is a 2001 AU 111 XR6 manual and these are the numbers off the bottom of the ECU - does anyone have similar numbers

1R23UD 12UD 109262 MPEF

Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
mongrelEF
Bugger!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always offers competent advice. Always willing to help out in person. Never negative towards another. Always respectful. Always offers viable suggestions for solutions. 
Default Re: ECU Code

Yes, it would work. So would an auto ECU; would idle fairly high unless they put the resistor in. Can't help with the code, though.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ECU Code

Found a list of ECU's for AU's in the stickies and I think my ECU should be in a 5 speed manual SR Forte.

Can any one confirm this?
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post