Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
efto
Starter Motor

Default Dealership Pricing

I have decided to purchase a new FG series 2 xr6 Cab chassis (can be 2012, 2011 model or ex demo as I am not phased either way). As i am switching over from the dark side could members on this board recommend a good dealership to purchase from (and any that offer good discounts). I am based in Newcastle but would happily jump on a plane if a good deal was found.

What sort of prices have people been paying?

Cheers
Scotty

efto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
cupic
Nikon

Default Re: Dealership Pricing

25k for a 2011 brand new with 4ks on clock drive away FG Ute cab chassis driveaway
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
efto
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupic
25k for a 2011 brand new with 4ks on clock drive away FG Ute cab chassis driveaway
So probably around 32k for the xr6 version.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by efto
I have decided to purchase a new FG series 2 xr6 Cab chassis (can be 2012, 2011 model or ex demo as I am not phased either way). As i am switching over from the dark side could members on this board recommend a good dealership to purchase from (and any that offer good discounts). I am based in Newcastle but would happily jump on a plane if a good deal was found.

Cheers
Scotty
To start with, best advice I can give you, stay well well away from all the Newcastle Ford dealers (Klosters, Lake Ford, Highway Ford). I think Sutton Ford in Singleton aren't too bad, I buy all my cars from Alto Ford Artarmon in Sydney. Haven't had a problem with sales or after sales service from them, & being in Sydney they usually do a good deal, due to the competition of the other Sydney dealers. Have heard good things about WinFord at McGraths Hill, Peter Warren Ford at Warwick Farm is pretty good, had dealings with them in the past.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
brydie76
Moff-fan

Buying from the Klosters network isn't that bad to be honest- I can gladly recommend their Raymond Terrace branch. It's more the after sales service that gets the bad reviews from what I can tell.

Otherwise you are probably best looking to the central coast/Sydney. Lake ford, Highway Ford etc are all part of the Klosters group, just under a different name, so do your research if you want to avoid them. Not saying you should/shouldn't, just that it can be a bit confusing as to who is run by who.

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76
Buying from the Klosters network isn't that bad to be honest- I can gladly recommend their Raymond Terrace branch. It's more the after sales service that gets the bad reviews from what I can tell.

Otherwise you are probably best looking to the central coast/Sydney. Lake ford, Highway Ford etc are all part of the Klosters group, just under a different name, so do your research if you want to avoid them. Not saying you should/shouldn't, just that it can be a bit confusing as to who is run by who.
Happy you had a good experience, I've never bought from Raymond Terrace, but have bought from Lake Ford & Klosters Hamilton, both were going on 20 years ago & had no problems, (after sales is another matter). I even did work experience at both places & had an apprenticeship at Lake Ford Gateshead, which I chucked in when I found out how they ran the place. Have had family go to buy at both places since with nothing but trouble, so they purchased elsewhere. When I went to get my FPV Cobra, thought I'd give Klosters another chance, walked in with cash to pay for it (didn't need finance), no salesmen around, had a look at some of the FPV's in the showroom & still no one. Went to reception & asked to see a salesman wanted to purchase an FPV, waited another 5 mins & one reluctantly came out from lunch. Told him I wanted to purchase a FPV Cobra, & was told they had a couple of others asking this morning, don't know how many we have for sale, & they don't come in till next month, leave your name & phone number & we'll contact you, (turns out they had 5 I think it was). I left my details with reception as he walked away back to lunch, & walked out. I got straight on the phone to Alto Ford, paid a deposit over the phone, drove down & signed the order papers 3 days later & purchased the car, (Alto had 2 Cobras, but the dealer principal had 1 reserved for him, so effectively only had 1 for sale, salesman found all that out while I was on the phone). Got to sit & wait in the Alto dealer principals 40th Anniversary FPV GT while the salesman finished with another customer & was offered a test drive in a FPV GT-P. 4 & a bit years later, still waiting for that call from Klosters.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
brydie76
Moff-fan

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the main dealership- had a bad experience with a guy there who tried to push for financial details (for finance) when I asked for a brochure.

I honestly would have likely only gone to non-Klosters dealers had I not happened to find my car by chance at Raymond Tce. The guys there were really good, made the entire process very easy and were flexible with things like pick up times and dates and such. Even though they are part of the bigger group, I think the "small town" dealership practices still bleed through a little.

My only worry now as said is servicing. Not sure where to go, I get an extended "warranty" if I get it serviced in the Klosters network but I've heard not good things about it. Hate to hijack a thread, but any suggestions on Newwy/Lake Macquarie (given I actually live there, not Newcastle as the profile says) mechanics to go to instead?

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I would say ....... visit them all and get the best price. I don't really care too much what dealer I buy from as I give them the money, then I take the car. I dont need to like the bloke but have found them all, when buying, no probs. The question you really should be asking is "What dealer has the best after sales service?"

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also found the salespeople at Klosters (hamilton) and Lake Ford (Cardiff) to be a waste of my time. In the end I purchased from Central Coast Ford, so far so good. I did notice however, driving back to Newy (via the Pacific Hwy) another Ford dealer laying in the shadows, E.L.N. Ford Tuggarah. Anyone had any experience with them? One for the O.P. to try?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
IceValk85
MY2010 SV6 SIDI -Black-

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76
My only worry now as said is servicing. Not sure where to go, I get an extended "warranty" if I get it serviced in the Klosters network but I've heard not good things about it.
dont even bother with an inhouse extended warranty, it wont be worth the paper its written on. plus you will be bent over repeatedly for servicing.

Ice
IceValk85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
efto
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info I am not to phased about after sales service I wont be taking it back to the dealer once I buy it (only reason to take it back to the dealer would be for warranty claims).
Old 13-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
Kynan
Sound of a V8 = Bliss

Theres a guy at Sutton Ford in Singleton named Steve. Speak to him. Deadset legend. He will set you up with a good deal.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO ANY KLOSTERS DEALERSHIPS. EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE. Salesmen and service departments are useless
Kynan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

+1 with Kynan
Went there when I was looking for new car (used of course) absolutly no one and nothing.
When the XR got painted (by Klosters body works) took extra two weeks, no service, actually got yelled at by the manager etc etc etc

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Maybe we should set up a sticky thread of recommended dealerships, and maybe a black ball list too.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Maybe we should set up a sticky thread of recommended dealerships, and maybe a black ball list too.
Unfortunately in a highly litigious world, some business folk see it as more effective solution then addressing the cause of the complaint. Unfortunately I am speaking from personal experience with this industry.

I don't think any of us would want to put the forums under constant threat of legal action and unfortunately naming and shaming would probably do just that.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 13-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
BFYOOT

Maybe even go through a broker, I used one I think was called Aussie Car Search or something like that, saved a bucket load on my xr8. Just tell them exactly what you want and let them find it mate.
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #17
blk6t

Considering the Falcon sales are low, you can usually spark a good deal interstate, most dealers will offer delivery interstate free of charge...a sale is a sale!

I tend to see better deals in Victoria than NSW.
Old 14-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
Kynan
Sound of a V8 = Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Unfortunately in a highly litigious world, some business folk see it as more effective solution then addressing the cause of the complaint. Unfortunately I am speaking from personal experience with this industry.

I don't think any of us would want to put the forums under constant threat of legal action and unfortunately naming and shaming would probably do just that.
I love the original idea but as stated legal implications would imply... I really wish I had of known prior to going in. I wrote letters of complaint to the dealerships and even had interviews with the manager. Never resolved anything and 1 year on I'm still waiting for the car I ordered with the CORRECT specifications/options.

Next stop the ACCC
Old 14-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
Kynan
Sound of a V8 = Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFYOOT
Maybe even go through a broker, I used one I think was called Aussie Car Search or something like that, saved a bucket load on my xr8. Just tell them exactly what you want and let them find it mate.
I second this!

Since your in the Newcastle region give "Auto Advantage" a call. They are brokers who work for free and search for whatever car you specify, options and all. They'll find it somewhere in Australia at an awesome price. My boss got a brand new Golf R with all the bells and whistles for $50000 drive away. He recommended them to me as I was in the process of purchasing a new vehicle as well. I was unlucky though as the car I wanted there wasn't one in Australia so I had to get it custom ordered (which meant a 6 month wait, which has now turned into 12 months...)

But anyway brokers are the go. They're even good with advice on what type of car best suits your needs. They don't get paid a commission either so your gonna get an HONEST opinion from someone with a lot of knowledge on the car industry
Old 14-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8

Ok, amend that to a" praise a dealer" list with no derogatory comments permitted against dealers not on the list..
You achieve the same thing by letting people know good experiences with dealers without running foul of the law...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by efto

Cheers
Scotty
Mate. I'm in newcastle as well.

I was looking for a new car, checked out all the prices on the net and there were far cheaper prices in sydney than up here. I contacted Peter Warren Ford about the FG Falcon xr6, they bent over backwards to help me.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, don't be affraid to to call or make enquiries over the net. As they told me at Peter Warren, a large percentage of customers are now coming from internet enquiries, so that's why they have really concentrated on that part of their business.

Could of also been a sales pitch.......... hmmmm ....
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynan
Theres a guy at Sutton Ford in Singleton named Steve. Speak to him. Deadset legend. He will set you up with a good deal.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO ANY KLOSTERS DEALERSHIPS. EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE. Salesmen and service departments are useless
But if the best price was at Klosters why wouldn't you go there.....You don't have to have it serviced there!
Old 15-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
But if the best price was at Klosters why wouldn't you go there.....You don't have to have it serviced there!
Klosters (sales), wouldn't give you the best price to start with, they couldn't be bothered getting out of their own way. I bet if you went in (& could actually get a salesman to come & speak to you), & said i can get "insert car here" at this price "insert here" ($500-1000 cheaper) at this dealership "insert dealership here", they'd probably tell you to go there & get it.
Klosters own all the Ford dealerships in the Lower Hunter area, they have the market all sewn up, there's no competition, you pay what they want unless your willing to travel (generally an hours drive in any direction to nearest non Klosters owned Ford Dealer), & if your willing to travel, you're best off not having any dealings with Klosters in the first place.

Last edited by cobramania; 15-03-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 18-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
efto
Starter Motor

Just an update. In negotiations with a dealership in queensland so far have been really good to deal with.

2012 xr6 C/C FG series 2 Auto, Alloy tray, mats, towbar $35,000. Klosters told me $37,600.
Old 18-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
WUB913

Im in at work tomorrow efto and I can see what I can do for you to if you like?
Old 19-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
efto
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUB913
Im in at work tomorrow efto and I can see what I can do for you to if you like?
I received your PM and responded
Old 27-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
Kynan
Sound of a V8 = Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
Klosters covers a lot of companies though. The price they quoted me was only about 1000 cheaper than the next closest dealership (about 200kms away). Once the papers were signed I never heard from them. I had to do the chasing for the trade in, pick up and delivery of the car etc etc. Waiting 1 year for a car isn't exactly fun either... So looking back now, I'd rather spend the $1000 because all that running around and having interviews with the Manager cost me lots in time and money...