Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
Kryton

Angry HOT JAM DONUTS - whats your horror story?

seeing how there was a pack of jam donuts in the fridge i decided that having one might make a good end to my dinner. took a bite and decided that it was a bit dry, no probs, 15 seconds in the microwave :togo: will fix that. well the actual dough itself wasnt hot, but i'll be damned if the jam wasnt 1500 degrees.
since i had taken a bite out of it before it was cooked, when i bit into it after the 15 seconds, HOT AS JAM just poured all over my bottom lip.
now im sitting here with near third degree burns on my lip which is starting to swell up and is stinging like a MoFo.
whats your horror story from these disguised torture devices?
Old 29-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

same, the hot jam strikes again.. i had no shirt on and it decided to run onto my chest... OOHH the pain...

Old 29-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
*rayman*
454 Power

i think everyone has done that!!!

if you ever get a chance, buy a 6 pack of cinnamon donuts, eat 1 or two, then leave the rest of em in their shrink wrapp packing for a few days, or weeks. They grow awesome coloured fungi on em. This is an unintentional experiment me and an old flatmate conducted.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
Old 29-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

My horror story .. well none mate, havent heard of it before. Just rest assured mate..... Im LMAO@you!!.... : :ymca:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 29-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

mmmmmm donuts

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 29-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
mmmmmm donuts
I'll have one while your getting yours...

Damn food threads always make me hungry

Old 29-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #7
XR6Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'll have one while your getting yours...

Damn food threads always make me hungry
No, you can go & get me one. Off you trot :nutsycuck

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 29-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #8
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

can't say ive ever been a victim of super-heated jam before, however i poured myself a big glass of milk from a friends fridge and began pouring it down my throat, but after about 2 mouthfulls i tasted something odd. within about half a second the taste became unbearable and i made a dash for the sink, however, they were renovating at the time so there were no taps or pipe for the basin, so i ran up to a different bathroom upstairs with this off milk sloshing around in my mouth. upon checking the bottle it had expired over 2 months ago. looking back, i dont know why i didnt just spit it back into the glass, it was just instinctive reation to make for the bathroom. i've had 1 million degree oil shoot out of a chicken toquito and hit the back of my throat when i bit into one once, that was unpleasant

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

Old 29-01-2005, 10:32 PM   #9
XR6Gal

EB-maen thats funny because my sister had a 'friend' come over & decided to drink the milk from the container, well he got a nice surprise when he found out it was a few weeks old, teach him to drink from the milk container! but in your case, sorry to hear it.....hehehehe

see her progress here
Honda CBR250 Motorbike

Last edited by XR6Gal; 29-01-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 29-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #10
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

we want pics!!!
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 29-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #11
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Yes ive fallen victim to the bottom lip and tounge 3rd dergee burn, at teh V8's at Calder a few years back.

I also had a Pie drop its guts into my hands years ago, i reckon it was in exsess of 2000 degrees Celcuis

:(

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED
2008 MA XR5 Mondeo

2015 VOLVO V60 T6 R-DESIGN-POLESTAR Enhanced

Old 29-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
we want pics!!!
NOT A HOPE IN HELL!!!

6 pack of jam donuts: $2.85
microwave: $300
3rd degree burns: PRICELESS!
Old 29-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #13
The Mighty Red

LMFAO hehehe, Don't know how many times i,ve burnt my lips, mouth, chin and hands on a 1000C pie :baby bott
Old 29-01-2005, 11:28 PM   #14
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I used to get one every morning from the school canteen without fail, you get used to having no feeling in your tounge until second period.
Old 29-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #15
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Tried to open a bottle of Crown's of the edge of a bbq while drunk. Instead of the lid coming off, I broke the entire neck of the bottle. Not realising this, I started to drink from the broken glass and cut up my lips. There was a lot of blood, (lips don't stop bleeding!!!!)
Old 30-01-2005, 12:01 AM   #16
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAAHAHAHA classic, I can almost invision you doing this and yes I have done this before, it is not pleasant at all. You will never do it again though, the worst burn I had was when I was cooking a bbq and my brother throw on a bbq chop the oil splashed up from the plate all over my face, I looked liked the terminator for about 4 weeks.
Old 30-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #17
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Oh been there and done that with the hot jam donuts. Used to do it every time I went to the drive ins.

One night I topped it off, I still had the sugar from them on my fingers and didn't think the lighter was working so I touched the end of it.

So I ended up with burnt mouth, lips and a HUGE blister on my finger as well. :
Old 30-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Reminds me of a story my mate told me from when he was at primary school. He had bought himself a pie from the school canteen and it was extremely hot. He had to eat it very slowly so it wouldn't burn his mouth, when his stupid mate said "hurry up and finish that pie", before he pushed the pie into his face while he was about to take another bite, which burnt the crap out of his face. LOL. Still cracks me up.
Old 30-01-2005, 12:21 AM   #19
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

I can just see it now ....
Dave : by : hot donut
Quote:
Old 30-01-2005, 12:21 AM   #20
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha. that reminds me of what a mate of mine did once. me and about 8 friends were staying in this holiday unit. my mate put this hard candy kinda lolly in the microwave, opens the door after some time, and it looks fine. so he reaches in to get it but it's practically molten and sticks to his fingers. his first reaction to the intense burning pain was to stick his fingers in his mouth........
Old 30-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #21
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Jam doughnuts, YES. Hot pockets, HELL YES. Meat pies, ALL TOO OFTEN. All are absolutely lethal, and there should be legislation against food products that possess such a heat differential between the surface and the contents!!!!!
Old 30-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #22
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

on the topic of burns, i would like to run for 'moron of the year award' for two instances. back in school we had to do one term of home ec, which is cooking and crap. and for some reason i opened the oven to get my cooked stuff out and just grabbed the tray.. without an oven mit. but my crowning achievement would be when i reversed out of the driveway in a hurry cos i was late for the train to uni, and i went over the gutter a bit fast and straight, and the the tip of the exhaust hit the road first, and made one hell of a bang. once i got to the train station i went around and it looked alright, but i thought maybe the underside was scratched/gouged by the road, so i put my hand down and pressed it against the underside of the tip. it was a silly and very not-thought-about idea.

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

Old 30-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #23
Dodge
i like to be stroked

my x rubbed it on her burgar and made me eat it off...it was a sexual experiance that i will never do again i had jam from ear to ear.
Old 30-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #24
Damo
Banned

LMFAO @ Dodge.. :hihi:
Old 30-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #25
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Worst food experiance would be at the coast...had a nice yellow banana, peeled off the skin and took a bite...it was full of maggots :

Worst burn? grabbed the wrong end of a soldering iron...it was wierd, i didn't feel the pain for a few seconds and by then it was to late :
Old 30-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #26
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
my x rubbed it on her burgar and made me eat it off...it was a sexual experiance that i will never do again i had jam from ear to ear.
hahahahaha : :

Oo\===/oO
Old 30-01-2005, 01:56 PM   #27
rodderz

Reading this thread makes you feel the burning in your mouth, whether the offender is a donut, hot pies, chicken soup or some sort of casserole.....either the burnt lip or the burnt tongue with the white pimply things that sprout out afterwards and last a day or 2...

The other thing you gotta hate is when you eat one of those bread rolls with the hard crust that cuts your palate....then the vegemite in the roll makes it sting!
Old 30-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #28
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I hate threads like this. I have felt the pain, I dont need to relive it. Its like watching someone get kicked in the family jewels...we have all been there, we all wince and would rather not have to remember it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 30-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #29
danege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its like watching someone get kicked in the family jewels...we have all been there, we all wince and would rather not have to remember it.
Hell no....i could watch someone get kicked in the balls all day long hehehehe.
Old 30-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #30
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Funny you say that danege... Things you find on the net
*Apparently*
Those of you that know what im talking about!!
Quote:
Closed Thread