Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Xr Globe Change!!

Hey all.

i had a good read of my owners manual and i have the max ellery's repair manual, but i still cant change my driving lights. I'm not sure of how 2 take the main terminal off??

So guys/girls how is it done on the XR's and the brake lights and reverse lights need changing how do i get 2 them?

thanks a bunch!!
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone??
Old 13-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

On the plug there should be two retaining clips on two sides. Press both and pull out the wiring harness plug. Remove the dust cover and the springed globe retaining clip. Pull out the globe. That should be it for the headlights.

For the taillights, in the boot, remove the carpet behind the light you wish to replace the globe for. Remove the two screws from the outside and the 10mm nut from the inside of the car. Pull out the taillight. From there it's pretty obvious. Hope it helps.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks a bunch dude!! So on the head lights u must "PRESS IN" both sides to release them from the globe??
Old 14-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #5
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

somethings wrong cause i pressed till i almost broke my fingers in frustration and i still get them out..
Old 14-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #6
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

With the rubber surround (Well, this is how it is with my ute), stick your fingers right up in it and squeeze. The plug should come out. And be careful with the little metal clip, cause that's a pain trying to get back in properly.
Old 17-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah I had issues with it as well ... a mate of mine (used to be a Ford Mechanic) did it in seconds ... must be a knack to it ... he has replaced heaps .. LOL

A bit off topic ... I got a dual filament globe for the passenger side taillight in the ute ... took the light out and got the globe out ... would you believe it's a damn wedge dual filament globe (first time I ahve seen one of these ever ... LOL).

Now I have to get the wedge type globes ... damn ... I got the bayonet cap dual filaments ... oh well ... they can be used on one of the other cars if they needs replacing ... LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

yeah im havin trouble changing mine aswell it says u have to dissconnect the parker aswell to change the low beam so i have 1 dull and 1 bright light
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #9
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00VenomXR
yeah im havin trouble changing mine aswell it says u have to dissconnect the parker aswell to change the low beam so i have 1 dull and 1 bright light
Huh!!

Sorry.. like to help you, but I can't read that language. Sorry 00VenomXR, but I've tried to read all your posts but.. ahh! . You've done well with your signature, try keep it up on your posts too.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Huh!!

Sorry.. like to help you, but I can't read that language. Sorry 00VenomXR, but I've tried to read all your posts but.. ahh! . You've done well with your signature, try keep it up on your posts too.
lol Sorry mate i think it me sednig to many text messages.
Yeah ive been trying to change my low beams in my car but the manual says u have to remove the parker in order to change it, because its a pain in the *** driving with 1 dull light. ( Look at that full stops and all) :Reverend: any help muchly appreciated
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Parker does not have to be removed to change the low beam. Just replace the main globe and your good to go.

The XR's are shocking when one light goes. Cause they are recessed so far back you only get light on one side, the other side is black!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post