Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #61
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
so by those figures around 750kms to a tank...??
Yeah but that's bone dry also remember, 68L, I'm not sure if it's 68L useable or not, so work on around 700-750 for mine.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #62
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yeah but that's bone dry also remember, 68L, I'm not sure if it's 68L useable or not, so work on around 700-750 for mine.

Yeah, of course..
Thats not bad mileage at all...
I'll obviously be looking at a little less, being a heavier car, but that quite good!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #63
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
Yeah, of course..
Thats not bad mileage at all...
I'll obviously be looking at a little less, being a heavier car, but that quite good!!
If you get it tuned correctly I believe you can achieve those fiqures easily, you roughly have the same engine (200kw), the only mod's I have are exhaust, Unichip and K&N, that's it, although my engine is low klm's, I am only at 55, thousand klm's, but still if your engine is healthy and tuned right and offcourse you drive smooth, you could achieve it.
If I set the cruise on 100klm on a good stretch of road that's when it get's into the 8's.
Old 30-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #64
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

great..!
Thanks for the info mate..!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #65
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

No worries mate, anytime.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #66
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
i do close to 700km a week and my 200kw v8 gets the shell 98 each top up..

so people here reckon it would run sweet on 95?

(only has exhaust/intake)
Absolutely, if there are no faults.
Try 95, listen for pinging in 3rd/4th gear between 1500/3000rpm under WOT under load (up hill).
Also listen in 1st/2nd gear WOT between 3000/5000rpm on level road.

If you can't hear any pinging, use 95, and as a consequence there'll be no advantage to using 98.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #67
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ive had an AUII Pursuit 5spd over the past few days (good fun too!) and running it on 95 and it is spot on. No pinging at all.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #68
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

hmm sweet...

also kristo, i dont know about everyone else, but my big v8 ute has a 82 L tank, not a ****y 68
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #69
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
hmm sweet...

also kristo, i dont know about everyone else, but my big v8 ute has a 82 L tank, not a ****y 68
All ute's have the bigger tank compared to the sedan's.
Old 31-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #70
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

ah, i thought it was all the v8s.. fairy muff then.
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #71
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Just a word of caution with comparing fuels.

For example- If you buy BP Utimate in Victoria, it cannot be compared to BP Utimate in Perth. There is so many variables in fuels between areas, cities and states. Some companies buy from each other due to routine shutdowns and maintenance at refineries. Sometimes product shortages dictate buying in from overseas.
Some service stations are hopeless preventing product contamination, because they don't do any maintenance while others are fantastic. You can have 2 servos side by side splitting a load from the same tanker and get totally different results.
Just find a fuel and a servo that you are getting consistent results from and stick with them.
I have to wonder sometimes when I hear of people having fuel problems with their cars, but they just buy from every tom, dick and harry that is the cheapest at the time. I fill up at with synergy98 at either of the Officer mobils, or Ultimate from either BP's at pakenham. The fuel is coming out of the same big tank at Yarraville and with 3 cars, I have never had an issue and get consistent results everytime.

Another thought too- When I had my car tuned at Bluepower, I made sure that I filled up at my local servo that I would be using on an ongoing basis. There was no point in filling up at the BP at Cooper st at Campbellfield if they had recieved excess product brought down from Sydney, but then fill up weekly at my local BP with product from Yarraville. There is no guarantees but you can keep the odds stacked in your favour.
As I mentioned earlier- Just find a fuel and a servo that you are getting consistent results from and stick with them.

I hope this helps a bit,

Craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #72
b2tf
not here much anymore

Well the above point is why I wouldnt go so far as to tune it 'to the hilt' on 98 fuel. If you do that and can't get it or it is different etc as you have said, your tune is worthless when you dont have the right fuel to support it.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #73
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Well, I can now add.. I have ran it on both 98 and 95 and felt that 95 was quite good..
Lasted longer and still had quite a bit of poke...
no pinging on either fuel!!!
thanks again for the info guys!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #74
sleeper393

Quote:
ah, i thought it was all the v8s.. fairy muff then.
fairy muff !!! mmmm i like it
123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #75
sleeper393

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakrz
Just a word of caution with comparing fuels.

For example- If you buy BP Utimate in Victoria, it cannot be compared to BP Utimate in Perth. There is so many variables in fuels between areas, cities and states. Some companies buy from each other due to routine shutdowns and maintenance at refineries. Sometimes product shortages dictate buying in from overseas.
Some service stations are hopeless preventing product contamination, because they don't do any maintenance while others are fantastic. You can have 2 servos side by side splitting a load from the same tanker and get totally different results.
Just find a fuel and a servo that you are getting consistent results from and stick with them.
I have to wonder sometimes when I hear of people having fuel problems with their cars, but they just buy from every tom, dick and harry that is the cheapest at the time. I fill up at with synergy98 at either of the Officer mobils, or Ultimate from either BP's at pakenham. The fuel is coming out of the same big tank at Yarraville and with 3 cars, I have never had an issue and get consistent results everytime.

Another thought too- When I had my car tuned at Bluepower, I made sure that I filled up at my local servo that I would be using on an ongoing basis. There was no point in filling up at the BP at Cooper st at Campbellfield if they had recieved excess product brought down from Sydney, but then fill up weekly at my local BP with product from Yarraville. There is no guarantees but you can keep the odds stacked in your favour.
As I mentioned earlier- Just find a fuel and a servo that you are getting consistent results from and stick with them.

I hope this helps a bit,

Craig
years ago i manufactured petro chemical tankers , and your right with fuel variables , from state to state as they make different blends , eg , summer winter fuel blend , hot humid blends , and the such , as fuel atomizes and burns differently dependent on climatic changes,
123.4 GROUND TEARING RWKW'S , LOL
sleeper393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post