Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #61
GTPFPV
Starter Motor

Thanks, maybe I had some misconceptions about forums, if I had more time I'd like to partticipate more. I see they can be a useful medium. Unfortunatly(not in regards to the current thread) my experiences have been varied, I know of forum users who make untrue claims about vehicles. They claim to have worked on vehicles they have not and spend their spare time big noting themselves and bagging everyone else. I don't see the point so have avoided the situation prefering to get on with things in the real world.
GTPFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #62
HotRod
Boost is only option

good stuff....still dosnt explain were the shot peened and linished rods come from nor the oringing,anyhow,the only linishing done to the rods were at the top near the pin so the forged piston has clearance under the crown to not grab the conrod , if you dont do it it dont fit full stop , i no this cause the next set off rods had to be linished to fit , and then balanced , as for the crank if it was to be balanced than when it was compaired to another stock crank well dam me they were both done in the same machine shop.....so good job on the crank GTPFPV
as for the gear box well time was the teller , had it been serviced a bit more it may have not damaged the front drum and b1 band , oil in the gear box and the sludge in the pan that had been in there for a number off kms
, sludge had to be scratchs out off auto pan with a screw driver..hmm ant been off for a while

no fuss at all casper (NOT), mystery ....now apart from alot off tyre kickers
you carnt tell me it never detonated nor the car used bucket loads off oil before me, as for crankcase breathing no engine should breath like this baby was
as for the cars only done one track day here and only one drag meet there......ive seen turbocharged cars do half a ramp on a chassie dyno and be damaged and they dont usually fix them selves let along some badlly melted sparklers , (
anyway i come on this forum to find out a gearbox problem
i found it and fixed it
lets see what the next epersode brings
if its a warning to anyone thats buying another persons project/TIME Bomb , think again
buy all means check the link out

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-AU-XR6-T...QQcmdZViewItem

how convincing is it , i was convinced 3000kms latter i no its a new car
HotRod
Old 08-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #63
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod
if its a warning to anyone thats buying another persons project/TIME Bomb , think again
buy all means check the link out
Yeah well Rod, you've said it yourself...

I feel for you, and I can understand you being severely ИИИИed off. But as has been said above, if you buy a heavily modified car, there are obvious risks.

I'm not a mechanic, and my following observations may be completely out of order. But just out of interest, did you actually see this car before you bought it? The big ends were clearly rooted, but did you not here them knocking? If it was breathing smoke all over the joint, was that not also evident? Like I say, I'm not a mechanic. But in my experience a stuffed motor usually sounds pretty stuffed.

I can see that the tranny would be an unexpected nasty shock. But it seems obvious that FTPFPV's shop is in the clear with all this stuff. They built a 9psi 250rwkw motor, and arranged a transmission to suit. The motor you bought was something different.

It is good to see you're getting this sorted, but the lesson that everybody should already have learnt is to check any used car thoroughly before parting with your hard earned $$$. This particularly applies to a modified vehicle, whose components are necessarily tested far beyond the manufacturers recommended application.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #64
justa6
justa6

Default yeah well

It's all very interesting. When my crank and rod's were balanced they did'nt look to out of the ordinary either, just grind marks here and there. my old man alway's say's "if it's meckanical it's bound to break one day" it's just a shame it happened just when you bought it. nevertheless smick car .
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #65
Steve_T

Re. the gearbox; when you rebuilt it, did it have upgraded parts inside, or is the issue your saying was all the internals were stock? Does it still have a dipstick fitted?

Just trying to find out if the box has really been upgraded, but the issue is it hasn't been done well enough or the lack of maintenance has been the issue, or whether the issue is that the upgrade work was never really done.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #66
HotRod
Boost is only option

Raybestos bands and clutchs ,and some valve body work eg line pressures raised etc.. upkeep and maintance was the killer , now my bands are from a BA turbo gearbox,which is a different material again,so ill see how it goes
HotRod
Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #67
HotRod
Boost is only option

Hi all long time no speek..short note to say new motor in my AU XR6 turbo going well been tuning engine again after 2000kms off run in and made 457Hp at the tyres on 14 psi boost..and gear box is goin great....just come back from power cruise 1 day power play at willowbank on weekend burnt 70 litres off fuel and a set off 19 inch tyres on the track for the day can check some pics at

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/index.php?
showtopic=14983&st=0

also at...

http://www.toowoombacarforum.com/php...pic.php?t=5277

scroll to bottom you all no the car i would love to add pics to this post but dunno how...

also if Any you guys buy the Ignition DVDs new australian dvd magazine it will be on it..i was carrying there camaera around the track

cheers Rod

RAW Automotive & Performance Dalby QLD
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #68
HotRod
Boost is only option

the first link may not work but go to http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/index.php?
go to events and cruising
go to powercruise powerplay pictures forum started buy 'BAXR8'
enjoy...cause i did
Cheers Rod
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #69
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to see you back Hotrod, and its great to hear the car is back to its glory.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #70
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear the car is back to how it was, It looks great in the photos!!

Old 11-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #71
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

I was at powercruise on the weekend and saw that thing in action and i must say its amazing that thing really boogies, beautiful car mate. I don't know if you heard or not but during one of the cruise sessions the bloke announcing called it an XR8 i found that pretty funny.
70caprigt3k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #72
HotRod
Boost is only option

hi dan hi 70caprigt3k yes i got told that one off the dudes on the mic said it was a XR8...little does he no...nar had a great day....cheers Rod...those pics were during the straight line burnout

Old 23-10-2006, 03:14 AM   #73
ebs_4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod
i have seen and built ford sixs and no off such make power after 5000rpm
well, this is an old thread i know, but clearly you have never used a big enough camshaft, or good enough manifolds, my turbo makes peak power at my limiter of 5800rpm.. if revved past that it would continue to make more power
EB 4L, 8.4:1, GT3540r, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold and plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, 600x300x100 cooler, Surecam custom turbo grind, autronic SM4, siemens 72lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, Innovate LM-1, Turbosmart Street Reg, bosch 044, turbosmart 48mm w/gate and v-port BOV. 335.8rwkw 1bar
ebs_4l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #74
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs_4l
well, this is an old thread i know, but clearly you have never used a big enough camshaft, or good enough manifolds, my turbo makes peak power at my limiter of 5800rpm.. if revved past that it would continue to make more power
hmmm, maybe a bit late dude lol :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #75
ebs_4l

der... i did say i know the thread is old..

BUT, the more info on these forums the better they are
EB 4L, 8.4:1, GT3540r, Greenslade Engineering exhaust manifold and plenum chamber, 90mm throttle, 600x300x100 cooler, Surecam custom turbo grind, autronic SM4, siemens 72lb, Crane HI-6, LX-92, Innovate LM-1, Turbosmart Street Reg, bosch 044, turbosmart 48mm w/gate and v-port BOV. 335.8rwkw 1bar
ebs_4l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #76
HotRod
Boost is only option

LOL ...doh.... abit late myself ...glad to here that ebs_4l...i dont change my mains & big end bearings much ether cause i dont need to rev it

buy the way how is ever one...iv been a bit busy for the forums

Cheers Rod

Raw Automotive & Performance Dalby QLD
Old 22-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #77
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

nice looking car you got there. looks like alot of hassels you have had. have you got a full detailed thread on the car?
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
huggiebear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post