Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What Do You Do For A Living? *Photo Heavy*

I'm sure I saw a thread like this a long time ago, but couldn't find anything with the search tool.

I know a lot of members on here may refrain from discussing their occupation due to anonymity concerns, or workplace regulations, but those who can participate - What do you do for a crust?

Do you enjoy it? Is it where you imagined you'd be?

Would be cool to see some pictures of your work activities too, if you guys have any.

I guess I'll start - I'm currently a Crane Operator, have been in the seat for probably the last 4 or 5 years, with 5 or so years prior to that rigging and dogging. Absolutely love every aspect of my job, challenging but very rewarding. Never expected that I'd ever be operating cranes. I imagine in the mining and construction industry it can be one of the harder occupations to get into unless you know someone high up, or you have the gift of the gab. It is very competitive, with a lot of back stabbing and emotions . Personally I worked my way up off my own achievements and through hard work, building up a solid resume.

First crane gig was with a small piping company, got a lucky break and stepped into some very small cranes for a while, learning the ropes etc... Got made redundant, and that's where it all started to fall into place.

Scored a gig on a construction job at the Perth International Airport with Air BP, then moved on from there to Chevron's Gorgon Project working for CB&I for a few years. Ended up at Barrow Island with them, then after a year made the jump to Thiess. Because I was one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) operator up there I found it hard to get a permanent seat in a decent size crane and stretch my legs. Crane crews can be very clicky, and despite experience or aptitude, if you're young, it's very hard to move upwards (and I'm 30). Ended up biting the bullet and took a job doing shut down work with an actual crane hire company.

Halved my salary, was taken on a casual basis, lost a ton of great work conditions etc... yet I haven't looked back. Best thing I did was take my current job. Made me realize money isn't everything. I was on the highest paying construction job in the world, but was miserable every day. I can definitely say that as much as money is handy, it isn't everything - in my opinion. It comes and goes, but to be genuinely happy and really enjoy your job is such a better feeling than having a big pay cheque every week with an even bigger headache. It's to the point that some nights I find it hard to sleep because I actually look forward to work the next day Crazy huh?

Here's a couple happy snaps from some of my jobs:

First "real" gig at the Airport

Gorgon Project (unable to get many due to strict camera policy):

Rigger having a well earned rest

Small job in a 150ton Sumitomo crawler on a weekend:

Some very questionable rigging practices

Various shut downs around the South and North West:

75t Bucket

Beautiful Pilbara sunrise!

Happy as a pig in you know what:
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: What Do You Do For A Living? *Photo Heavy*

Man those are some BIG rigs!

You can also say you drive a Bentley if anyone asks ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Nice mate, I am a maintenance planner (engineer) at a Coal mine site, crazy as heck but its all good experience. Love playing with the big toys.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Every time I see one of these bad boys, I think of the Thunderbirds.

Great photos and excellent to see someone who loves their job!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

very cool mate - sounds like you are living the dream.

I have qualifications in the Superannuation industry and currently work for one of Australia's biggest super funds (by funds under management, currently around $50b). I enjoy my work, but it's pretty dry, but it does have it's interesting moments, like our investments, for example. Our company owns One Times Square, which is the building that has the neon billboards all over it. We make more money from the billboards than we do from the actual rental income.

No pics sorry, unless you want to look at a calculator....

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 12:52 PM   #6
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Man those are some BIG rigs!

You can also say you drive a Bentley if anyone asks ;)
Yeah they are big, surprisingly enjoyable to drive on the road too, everyone keeps their distance and no one dares to cut you off

Unfortunately while the Bentley crane hire cranes share the name, they definitely don't share the pedigree!
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #7
ryanstev

I work on an IT help desk.

It's so monotonous, I hate it so much, I hate going to work, I even hate Fridays, because instead of looking forward to the weekend I'm thinking "I now have another 5 full days ahead of me in a couple days time."

Yes, I'm trying to get out of this field.
I'm actually physically training to join the Police force, which is hard going, as I'm 39 and have injured myself by pushing too hard, too fast.

Something's gotta change soon, I can't take much more of this job.

Sorry to be a downer.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am a Licensed Customs Broker for one of, if not the biggest Express Freight Companies in the world...

Whilst its a desk job, I absolutely love my job and the company I work for. The pay is awesome, the rosters are very flexible and I Wear Jeans and Polo shirts everyday... No more bloody Business wear/ties for me!!! We are treated really well and have some great perks that come with it..

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Retired - I've never been so busy.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wander around here, sometimes doing something, sometimes doing nothing.
Build, fix things, talk to the animals and look after them.

I'm retired as you can possibly guess.
Used to be a Special Needs Teacher until ill health retirement.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #11
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstev

It's so monotonous, I hate it so much, I hate going to work, I even hate Fridays, because instead of looking forward to the weekend I'm thinking "I now have another 5 full days ahead of me in a couple days time."

I was exactly the same as you, I hated going to work and sitting in an office all day doing a job I hated. When I got home at night I had about 3 hours of personal time before it was time to go to bed and get up for the next day. To me it seemed like weekends were only one day long; I could enjoy Saturday but Sunday just meant work tomorrow. Not to mention the only place you can be employed in IT is in a capital city and I lived 1.5 hours away and had to commute.

I ended up quitting for my sanity but I'm not sure it was the smartest choice. In this day and age it seems that it's better to be employed and depressed than unemployed and depressed.

Funnily enough I really enjoyed helping people with their tech problems - it was the IT stuff I hated. For most people it's the other way around, they love computers but hate the clients.

Anyway, my life is in the toilet and I dream of a job where I get to work outdoors or something but alas I am unqualified for anything but IT.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post

lol My old man says the exact same thing to me all the time...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #13
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
lol My old man says the exact same thing to me all the time...
You can either sit on your bum and leave everything until tomorrow or you can get involved and be relaxed in the knowledge there is no rush which means you enjoy the things that once would have been a chore.

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and doing maintenance on the pool ready for the winter shutdown.

Today I’m rearranging the garage while my new car is out of the way having the front bar resprayed to remove some delivery marks.

Tomorrow I’m taking the XY for a run to The Entrance to meet friends for lunch.

Thursday I got a friend dropping in to show me his new Mustang Convertible and we’re off to Patonga for lunch.

Friday I’ve planned to polish the rims I removed from the Ute I just sold then I’ll wrap them in plastic and storage them away in the shed.

Saturday is off to Avoca to visit the in-laws.

Sunday is beers with the neighbour while we watch the video of his recent hot laps around Bathurst then watch some of his videos of the 1969 through the ‘70’s Bathurst highlights.

None of it is hard or too taxing but something is always on the agenda and we are kept busy.

Plan it right and throw in the occasional trip away and retirement is a dream.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a storeman have been now for around 8 years, it has been much better money than security which i did for 7 years, I currently work for a company called Hettich which is a german kitchen hardware company, pay is good for this industry and there is loads of overtime, have been here over 5 years and have stepped into a 2ic stock control job, whilst still doing basically all the jobs that come with the place, we have a rotation so its not bad.

I had aspirations to be a cop in high school but they deal with way too much **** nowdays....

I am smarter than the job im in but have never really had any passion for a particular job/career, sitting in an office is not my thing, did enough sitting around in security, il probably stay doing this job for as long as it suits me, but if i move to the south coast il probably end up doing the same stuff, though a HR truck licence may happen, not that im excited about it but it makes the chances of getting some sort of w/house logistics job easier down south.

Ive never liked working and probably never will, its a means to an end, once i can comfortably retire i will, i work with a few old blokes who reckon they could retire and have plenty of money but enjoy coming to work......i hope ive got too many hobbies to ever be that person.....i am not afraid of hardwork and have worked since i was 14 whilst still going to school year 12 hsc, im now 33, but like many its just to pay the bills, own the home, and fund a fun retirement!

To those that really enjoy their jobs/career you really are lucky people!
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #15
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa View Post
Just a storeman have been now for around 8 years, it has been much better money than security which i did for 7 years, I currently work for a company called Hettich which is a german kitchen hardware company, pay is good for this industry and there is loads of overtime, have been here over 5 years and have stepped into a 2ic stock control job, whilst still doing basically all the jobs that come with the place, we have a rotation so its not bad.

I had aspirations to be a cop in high school but they deal with way too much **** nowdays....

I am smarter than the job im in but have never really had any passion for a particular job/career, sitting in an office is not my thing, did enough sitting around in security, il probably stay doing this job for as long as it suits me, but if i move to the south coast il probably end up doing the same stuff, though a HR truck licence may happen, not that im excited about it but it makes the chances of getting some sort of w/house logistics job easier down south.

Ive never liked working and probably never will, its a means to an end, once i can comfortably retire i will, i work with a few old blokes who reckon they could retire and have plenty of money but enjoy coming to work......i hope ive got too many hobbies to ever be that person.....i am not afraid of hardwork and have worked since i was 14 whilst still going to school year 12 hsc, im now 33, but like many its just to pay the bills, own the home, and fund a fun retirement!

To those that really enjoy their jobs/career you really are lucky people!
There's some guys that work for my companies warehouse that have been there for 20+ years that are in the same positions as when they started. It boggles my mind how they can do the same thing at in day out every single day for that long, but they seem to enjoy it so all the power to them.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #16
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
There's some guys that work for my companies warehouse that have been there for 20+ years that are in the same positions as when they started. It boggles my mind how they can do the same thing at in day out every single day for that long, but they seem to enjoy it so all the power to them.
Yep have blokes that are the same! Hope im not doing this **** in 20 years!

If i get to a point with finances that i can start an apprenticeship id like to be a mechanic, whilst cars are what im into, id say heavy/diesel mech would be more interesting.....
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 05:07 PM   #17
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You can either sit on your bum and leave everything until tomorrow or you can get involved and be relaxed in the knowledge there is no rush which means you enjoy the things that once would have been a chore.

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and doing maintenance on the pool ready for the winter shutdown.

Today I’m rearranging the garage while my new car is out of the way having the front bar resprayed to remove some delivery marks.

Tomorrow I’m taking the XY for a run to The Entrance to meet friends for lunch.

Thursday I got a friend dropping in to show me his new Mustang Convertible and we’re off to Patonga for lunch.

Friday I’ve planned to polish the rims I removed from the Ute I just sold then I’ll wrap them in plastic and storage them away in the shed.

Saturday is off to Avoca to visit the in-laws.

Sunday is beers with the neighbour while we watch the video of his recent hot laps around Bathurst then watch some of his videos of the 1969 through the ‘70’s Bathurst highlights.

None of it is hard or too taxing but something is always on the agenda and we are kept busy.

Plan it right and throw in the occasional trip away and retirement is a dream.
I can't plan that far ahead!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #18
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I can't plan that far ahead!
No credit can go to me.

I plan my stuff, the wife plans the social things and she keeps a list pinned to the notice board in the office next to the computer as I can’t remember what I’m doing in 5 minutes let alone in 5 days.

I just reach up with a pen and write on it anything I’m planning to do and the next day a retyped update appears.

It was her way of keeping track of the kid’s activities while I was still working and she has continued with it now they have left home.

It’s the reason I know I’m busy and it’s also the reason I don’t put off until tomorrow and spend my retirement in front of the Tele.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #19
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I'm a Diesel Fitter at Target in the Bra section...........
Old 08-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #20
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

I'm a Parts Interpreter. Fun stuff sometimes as other interpreters might sometimes experience..
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #21
SVR73
Mr Polish

Nice photos guys

I am a professional detailer and have been so for the last fifteen years but was doing it on the side years before that

Started my business in 2005 after leaving a car dealership job where I was doing new car and demo car prep, the service manager was a douchebag who didnt care what the cars looked like

I don't do dealership work, instead focusing on doing basic to mid range work for businesses and companies in the new industrial estate nearby plus some car club members have me do the cars and the general public are the rest of the clientel. from entry level to super high end work, catering for almost any type of person and car condition from a car worth bugger all to something work over a million dollars

In 2007 I moved from my home garage to this place with the help of my dad which is still our current location (1000 square metres)

Hoist for underbody and bumper work too
My business partner and I provide three levels of protection - waxes, ultra polymer sealants and ceramic and silica coatings

We teamed up with the world's leading manufacturers of polishing accessories and chemicals and a Leather expert so we have the only burnproof water based polishing system available (to the best of my knowledge)

Hard game but rewarding at times

the workshop the day we got the place

Old 08-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #22
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa View Post
Yep have blokes that are the same! Hope im not doing this **** in 20 years!

If i get to a point with finances that i can start an apprenticeship id like to be a mechanic, whilst cars are what im into, id say heavy/diesel mech would be more interesting.....
And pays more...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #23
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Work Weekends in a Servo. Which after 12 years, is getting very old. I don't like it.

Work weekdays in a Project Home Builders Office as Draftsman. Ive only been back in the field since August 2015 and Im loving this Job, the office, the team, the pay. Its boring work. But I love it.

Working on a couple of side projects too so that way I can ditch servo work.

Quote:

That is a lot more common than you think.

I've had a couple of older family friends retire and I've caught up with them at the local shopping centre and asked them how they are going after retiring. Both said almost verbatim:

"Mate Ive never been so busy in my life, I don't understand how I use to fit a job in every day!"
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #24
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Im one of those guys who had/has the same workplace for years, started in 94 still there now and still getting a long weekend every weekend(4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts)

I need to be a crane driver, dogman/rigger, forklift driver, process technician, metallurgist, process coordinator, maintainer, welder/fabricator, team/shift leader... and all the BS that entails like IPR's KPI's SAP etc etc
I dont do the same thing every day depends on what hat Im wearing

I work in a metal refinery
Old 08-03-2016, 08:11 PM   #25
nstg8a

I'm transport supervisor/fleet controller for a small 3pl logistics company.

85% of my job is just regular forklift yard work, loading unloading trucks, put always, order picking etc.
boss is a control freak so when he's here he controls everything, it's only real when he goes on holiday I get given the reins.

I only took the job as I needed work after getting the sack from my previous job for not wearing the right ppe and getting injured. Been here 5 years now, wouldn't say I love it but I don't dread going to work either.
I've never known what I really wanted to do, other than at school I was aiming at getting into the rnzaf but failed the medical and lost any direction I had then.

Would love to be my own boss one day, but I really lack the self discipline to make it work I think, that and I have no idea what I would want to do haha.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #26
prydey
Rob

When I was at school I wanted to be a mechanic. Did a prevoc course. Didn't land a job or apprenticeship straight away so got a job in a print factory to get some cash and thought it would look better on my resume if I had a interim job. 21 years later I'm still here. Did an apprenticeship as a printer instead. I wouldn't say I love what i do but I don't hate it and I'm kind of glad I'm a printer instead of a mechanic, funnily enough.

I have some pictures of the press I run but I'm at work so will post then up when I get home.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #27
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a lawyer dealing primarily with intellectual property matters. Most of my day is spent at my desk typing up letters, emails and contracts which, to me, is more interesting than it sounds - particularly drafting up contracts; there's a certain art to it. When I was studying, I found intellectual property to be the most interesting area of law, and so I decided that I want to specialise in IP.

I have wanted to be a lawyer since I was in high school, so I'm stoked that I've achieved that goal. While being a lawyer in real life isn't anything like being a lawyer on TV, it's still an interesting job and I enjoy going to work - mostly. Like anything else, there are days when I wish I was anywhere but the office.

I won't post a picture of my desk mainly because it's strewn with confidential documents, but also because it's a mess. I'm not the tidiest person around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
I am a Licensed Customs Broker for one of, if not the biggest Express Freight Companies in the world...

Whilst its a desk job, I absolutely love my job and the company I work for. The pay is awesome, the rosters are very flexible and I Wear Jeans and Polo shirts everyday... No more bloody Business wear/ties for me!!! We are treated really well and have some great perks that come with it..
Before I became a lawyer, I also worked in freight forwarding, firstly as a compiler, then ocean imports operator. I was in the industry for about five years, and I found it about as interesting as watching paint dry. Maybe it's different being a customs broker - I attempted the customs broker's course but I just couldn't carry on with it. As far as I was concerned, it was a job that paid the bills, and that's it.

I didn't think my skills in the freight forwarding industry would ever be required again, until I worked on a case involving the importation of alleged counterfeit products ...
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #28
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstev View Post

I'm actually physically training to join the Police force, which is hard going, as I'm 39 and have injured myself by pushing too hard, too fast.

Something's gotta change soon, I can't take much more of this job.

Sorry to be a downer.
what other work have you done besides IT?
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #29
anto
Za Dom spremni

i make computer generated stuff for film like this working at Rising Sun Pictures. Been working in the field since around 2000 ish ..was a factory worker before that ( with potery beige :-) and thought Id better do something usefull or interesting with my life before i slit my wrists.
Since then Ive worked on films like Harry Potter, green lantern, Hunger games, Xmen, Wolverine,King Kong..and so on.
But the best thing about working in this field is that I can wear a slayer shirt, shorts and thongs to work and no once really cares. When I rock up in the carpark, in town everyone is wearing their stuffy suits and ties holding a briefcase and just laugh inside.
Im such a bum

AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #30
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73 View Post
Nice photos guys

I am a professional detailer and have been so for the last fifteen years but was doing it on the side years before that

Started my business in 2005 after leaving a car dealership job where I was doing new car and demo car prep, the service manager was a douchebag who didnt care what the cars looked like

I don't do dealership work, instead focusing on doing basic to mid range work for businesses and companies in the new industrial estate nearby plus some car club members have me do the cars and the general public are the rest of the clientel. from entry level to super high end work, catering for almost any type of person and car condition from a car worth bugger all to something work over a million dollars

In 2007 I moved from my home garage to this place with the help of my dad which is still our current location (1000 square metres)

Hoist for underbody and bumper work too
My business partner and I provide three levels of protection - waxes, ultra polymer sealants and ceramic and silica coatings

We teamed up with the world's leading manufacturers of polishing accessories and chemicals and a Leather expert so we have the only burnproof water based polishing system available (to the best of my knowledge)

Hard game but rewarding at times

the workshop the day we got the place

Looking good champ. You should be proud
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: