Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default What the?!!.. or...HOW did he manage that?

There's a bloke who lives round the corner from me who loves his AU, it's a burgandy Tickford enhanced Fairmont. He's put a BA GT stripe down the side with TICKFORD in big bold font in the middle of it, as well as that there's some weird tribal tatoo like design on the middle front of the bonnet about 80cm across with a little Tickford wings and logo off to the right that just looks out of place, all in gold. Not my cup of tea at all but he likes it. Last week he turned up in a silver AUII XR6 with 140k on the clock, that looks pretty shmick except that all the badges were gone. He told me it'd been sitting around in this blokes car port for a couple of years and the bloke wanted it gone but couldn't seem to find a buyer as he was in a rather remote spot. My neighbour said he'd buy it on the proviso that the guy had LPG fitted to it, which the guy promptly did. And this is the bit that floors me, HE ONLY PAID $2500 for it!!, and that was after the gas was fitted. That means the seller basically gave the car away for nothing more than the $1000 rebate on the LPG system.

Today I saw the car again and it's now sporting what looks like laser cut renditions of XR6 badges in mirrored perspex plus the same gold BA GT stripes along the bottom of the car with the Tickford font AND the tribal design on the bonnet AND the out of place Tickford wings logo. He likes what he likes and there's certainly no mistaking his cars but it's like....... followed by followed by

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: What the?!!.. or...HOW did he manage that?

Pics?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Can't promise but I'll see what I can do.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 22-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I too meet people who don't present the whole story straight up.
Old 22-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Saw a BA the other day with a Tickford badge.

I laughed but thought each to their own.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Not sure what you're meaning Mr Hardware but the main point of my story was about how this guy managed to snag a lovely straight and lower k XR6 for nothing more than the cost of fitting the gas. The fact that he has what most would consider questionable taste in bling was an aside. He also told me he has a line on a low k SIII Fairmont Ghia, full leather etc. for $700 and I'm just gob smacked as to how he finds these things.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 23-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a feller up around the corner who seems to "blunder" into bargains, much to my annoyance.

a couple years a go it was a low KM, fully decked out toyota camper van which he got as a real steal, then a 16' caravan fell into his lap, now the mongrel has a latish model, Toyota mini bus, low K's, fully decked out for $5 K......worth $25 on the worst of days.

I got to pay top dollar for everything I own then I got to work on it afterwards to bring it up to scratch.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

There's two things men lie about:

1) Money
2) Sexual performance

I rest my case.
Old 23-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Not sure what you're meaning Mr Hardware but the main point of my story was about how this guy managed to snag a lovely straight and lower k XR6 for nothing more than the cost of fitting the gas. The fact that he has what most would consider questionable taste in bling was an aside. He also told me he has a line on a low k SIII Fairmont Ghia, full leather etc. for $700 and I'm just gob smacked as to how he finds these things.
What i'm saying mate is that i'm a busybody and I like to know everything about people i know's cars.

On more than one occasion have I been told a partial truth about the car someone has recently acquired, only to later find out the rest of the story (or a more accurate version of events) that made a lot more sense to me.

Also, have you tried selling an AU lately? There ain't no-one who wants a 4L, 14 year old car in 2014, not for any actual money anyway. AU's are possibly one of the furtherest point from what is attracting people's purchasing dollars these days.

And as you know, buying a car is cheap. Keeping it insured, registered, tyred, maintained and fuelled is the real cost.

I've heard of blokes who have bought cars for cheap, roadworthy, 'even the old owner paid for the roadworthy'. Yeah. Apparently paid for the roadworthy cert, but the purchaser paid for new tyres, new battery, new transmission seal, new pads...
Old 23-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Yup, I know what you mean but this bloke has never given me reason do doubt him, he seems to be a stand up guy, a volunteer and EMT and it's not as if he's rolling in cash.

MINE- AUII Forte