Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default series 3 6cly motor into a series 1....

So as the title suggest I am going to be putting a series 3 6cly motor and manual gearbox into a series 1 auto...

I have had a look on the forums and either am searching the wrong things or there is a lack of info?

Pretty much just trying to figure out if there are any bits and pieces which are not a straight swap over? Not so worried about the manual part as I have all of the parts needed for that but the series 3 motor into a series 1.

Will hopefully be undertaking this before Christmas as the current motor has now got a whisker under 340,000kms...and is starting to get rather tired.

This though has to all wait until my wagon is reliable again....currently it is back to the mechanics again :(

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: series 3 6cly motor into a series 1....

The actual engines are pretty much identical, it's just the bits that bolt on that can be different. The coil pack is different and the TPS and one or two other odd bits. The easiest thing to do is just unbolt all the bits and pieces off the S1 motor and bolt them onto the S3 motor then drop it into the car. I have a S1 engine in my S2 wagon and just did what I said except the other way round. S2 bits bolted onto the S1 motor and then into the car.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: series 3 6cly motor into a series 1....

Yep guess this is how I'll end up doing it... just trying to minimize the amount of parts from the old motor as they're all getting a little sad probably.

So coil pack and TPS are 100% different...I guess then what else is as well?

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post