Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Default the most stupidest thing we have done to our cars

hi i can say i was reversing out of the supercheap autos car park in my mums o6 ford focus zetec ! and there were gas bottle about 2.5 meters away ! so i reversed out watching out so i didnt hit the gas bottles and i didnt relize that were were 50 cm high posts protecting the gas bottle and i backed straight into the post what a dill am i !!

i hope other people may tell their storys on what silly thing they did to their or other people cars and it doesnt have to be acciendents !!

ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

will post pics soon of the damage done to the focus when mum comes back from holidays
Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the wife's AU wagon serviced at the local dealer - and expected them to do a good job.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

and i guess they didnt !! was it at a ford dealer !
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
and i guess they didnt !! was it at a ford dealer !
yeah - ford dealer.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i feel the same as you ! i had a similar experience with my ford dealer ! but your proberly a lot worse ! what did they do to it !! i back the ford product 100 % however i dont back some dealer ship ! i learnt now i go private !
Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #7
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

The most stupidest thing i've ever done was simply buying the bloody thing... :S
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #8
Kryton

looking at a map when approaching a red light while the car was moving.
dont try it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not pulling the handbrake on quite enough while on a flying visit to my mothers place...
walk out, look down the driveway...and the bloody cars gone!!!
I run out the front expecting to see major carnage at the bottom of the hill.....
But it wasnt too bad...only rolled about 15mtrs or so and straight up the back of my brothers (then new) Toyota....the bill for both....about $3000...ugh
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #10
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol dont laugh.

I was driving a old mazda when I just got my p's when the ignition barrel buggered on me. because I was already running late to pick up my girlriend I triedto start it without the barrel.

I disabled the immobiliser, and pulled the column apart and got the barrel out then took the rear off the barrel and used a screwdriver to turn it over.

As it so happened I had the car in gear and in 5th too, so when it kicked over the car jumped forward and I was in the car confused when it happened. Long story short, the car bounced forward against the wall and shorted out a fair few wires. I ended up being able to borrow my dads 66 mercedes 220s and picked up my girlfriend in it. One of the best nights ever, especially when you compare the size of the backseat compared to the old mazda 323. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
thexyking

1. Locking the keys in my first XY Fairmont wagon.........while it was still running;
2. Putting a $99 Voxson stereo in the XY wagon and THROWING AWAY the original radio
3. Selling my XY GS Fairmont wagon in 2005 (just bought it back, so it is OK);
4. Buying a VX SS Commodore for $40k instead of an XW GT for $42k at the same time. The SS was a load of junk with the motor rebuilt and then replaced. Luckily it only depreciated at $1,000 per month while the XW GT would have appreciated at double that (until recently, anyway)
thexyking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

having a perve whilst creeping along a buisy main street...bumper to bumper...not cool

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 AM   #13
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Sold it. 1967 XR fairmont :(
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #14
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
Not pulling the handbrake on quite enough while on a flying visit to my mothers place...
walk out, look down the driveway...and the bloody cars gone!!!
I run out the front expecting to see major carnage at the bottom of the hill.....
But it wasnt too bad...only rolled about 15mtrs or so and straight up the back of my brothers (then new) Toyota....the bill for both....about $3000...ugh
close... i bottomed out trying to get it up a driveway on the side of the house and got stuck, so i got the jack out and started pumping it up. i only realized that the handbrake was off after the car started rolling backwards going through the front fence taking down half of the fence. then i bogged it trying to get it out and had to call a towing company to get me out. :

Last edited by Unco; 06-04-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

ohh no you all have had bad luck !
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #16
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Worst thing i have ever done was: Adjusting my seat while descending a hill then hitting the brakes at the same time. Locked up the brakes: My nose met the windscreen pretty quick as the seat belt didn't tension up and hold me back. I am sure i am not the only one to have done this!?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I am sure i am not the only one to have done this!?
No sir you most certainly aren't!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #18
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

this one is not mine but my nephews who at that stage was staying with the ex and myself.
Back then I was a shift worker and had to sleep through the day. I get woken up this particular day by the nephew who has been banging a hammer away for about 30 minutes or so. I get up and go outside to see him with the back of the XF jacked up and chocks under the front wheels, he is bashing the rear drums trying to get them off. (apprenetly checking his brakes). So after swear my head off at him for waking me up i ask what the hell are you doing???? He tells me trying to get the brake drums off. I say let me have a go, I walk to the drivers door, take off the hand brake and come back and amazingly the drum commes off without the need for the hammer, I cuff my nephew over the back of the head and tell him shut up and go back to bed.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
FPV 5TH

Ran out of petrol in my HQ Monaro going down a hill at 110 kph and decided to turn the ignition off and coast to a service station at the bottom of the hill. Problem was i turned it too far and locked the steering. End result...car veered left into a big gatepost and proceeded to roll 4 times after impact. Car was a total writeoff.
FPV 5TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #20
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

to yaw lol !!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Worst thing i have ever done was: Adjusting my seat while descending a hill then hitting the brakes at the same time. Locked up the brakes: My nose met the windscreen pretty quick as the seat belt didn't tension up and hold me back. I am sure i am not the only one to have done this!?
Nope I have done that
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
Sonik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning BF_GT
Ran out of petrol in my HQ Monaro going down a hill at 110 kph and decided to turn the ignition off and coast to a service station at the bottom of the hill. Problem was i turned it too far and locked the steering. End result...car veered left into a big gatepost and proceeded to roll 4 times after impact. Car was a total writeoff.
Holy crap, that must have been the scariest experience ever.
Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
having a perve whilst creeping along a buisy main street...bumper to bumper...not cool
True..15 odd years ago I had a courier run on the Gold Coast.I was in traffic at Surfers Paradise having a perve and ran into the back of a Falcon - doors open and 2 police climb out of their unmarked car!.They asked me what happened & I said I was checking out one of the local bikini babes and they replied "thats o.k - so were we"
Lucky it was only a couple of scratches & it was left at that - but now I always check for police before I perve!
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #24
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
True..15 odd years ago I had a courier run on the Gold Coast.I was in traffic at Surfers Paradise having a perve and ran into the back of a Falcon - doors open and 2 police climb out of their unmarked car!.They asked me what happened & I said I was checking out one of the local bikini babes and they replied "thats o.k - so were we"
Lucky it was only a couple of scratches & it was left at that - but now I always check for police before I perve!
OMG!... that is so classic!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #25
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Going for gold when I'm at lights and I see the turning arrow. Then getting through the lights and realising my light was still red and I just about caused a few accidents!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #26
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looked pretty good from the other side, but I've already posted that pic
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #27
guy351
Mr EFicient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
lol this seems to be a common thing, i was doing the same and ran up the back of a f100, smashing the front of my car, but at least i bent his number plate.
guy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #28
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Sitting outside a deli on the forecourt in my HQ van (windowless) chatting to a mate parked along side through the windows one lunchtime. As the conversation was coming to an end he tossed his screwed up pie bag through my window so in retaliation and as I started the van, I lobbed my empty iced coffee carton at him and simultaniously went into reverse and poped the clutch to get out of his line of fire for the return shot and before I'd gone 4 foot BANG!!. Unbeknown to me, a woman in a gemini had pulled past and in behind me on my rear passenger side into my blind spot, just overlapping my back end while I was looking the other way at my mate. When I got out to see what I'd hit I was floored to see a light blue gimini with the passenger side boot, bumper and rear quarter caved in up to the back window. Then I looked ar the back of my van and couldn't even see a scratch let alone evidence of an impact that could do that much damage to the gimini. I eventually found a small ding about the size of a 20c piece down low on the tailgate but that was it. The woman who owned the gimini came out of the shop and nearly fainted. That ended up costing $1500 in 1981 to repair the gemini tin can piece of crap. I was 17 at the time and $1500 was a huge bite on the hip pocket.
I learned to check ALL my mirrors and lines of sight before I moved away from then on,lol.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #29
HLC
Audi S3

i wrote my ED Falcon off at uni, in the Uni grounds in front of about 200 people. oops.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #30
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Had a big night up in Melbourne, went to a gig and had a few beers and then back to a mates joint to sleep. Hardly got a wink of sleep trying to sleep in an armchair. Got up to leave early in my brothers car, he wanted me to drive as he still felt wasted, so I did. Coming back through one of the suburbs I must have zoned out and drove straight through a red light oblivious to the fact until my brother said that was a red you idiot. Thank good there wasn't any cars coming the other way through, would have been a big one.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post