Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Maybe the hoarders have too much food here and have started using it
Says the guy who just bought enough stuff to last another two weeks

You are part of the problem...
Old 02-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

Is he?
I'd have thought a fortnight supply of shopping is fair, lots of people only shop fortnightly for any number of reasons, ourselves included.
I guess the question is, what's worse, 1 big shop fortnightly which limits your exposure to the risks in a high density area at the expense of taking more off the shelves in 1 go or exposing yourself twice and removing half as much.
Damned if you do damned if you don't so I think the best plan is to simply continue your normal practice, it's those who shop more regularly but taking enough in one crack to last beyond that frequency that are causing the issue.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

you make me laugh, why would I want to go to the shops every few days before this started I used to buy enough food for 4-6 weeks besides fresh veggies. I dont know any of my mates that shop more than once a fortnight for the big shop
Old 02-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
you make me laugh, why would I want to go to the shops every few days before this started I used to buy enough food for 4-6 weeks besides fresh veggies. I dont know any of my mates that shop more than once a fortnight for the big shop
Wogs are the original doomsday preppers, we've got a two car garage that's never had a car in it, it's a pantry

Every wog family has the pantry garage, sometimes they turn into a salami or passata processing plant

5 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #5
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Wogs are the original doomsday preppers, we've got a two car garage that's never had a car in it, it's a pantry

Every wog family has the pantry garage, sometimes they turn into a salami or passata processing plant

Dunno mate, my ex wifes mother, who i do keep in contact with. Shes no wog, but has 4 freezers and 1 fridge. No semi market garden in the yard, so no bragging about fresh tomatoes or zucchinis. But more like the best before was 5 years ago, but its fine, its been frozen. But thats nothing new. Its not recent. Its been that way since 19 years ago when i asked my then future ex wife why the 4 freezers?
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 12:26 AM   #6
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Dunno mate, my ex wifes mother, who i do keep in contact with. Shes no wog, but has 4 freezers and 1 fridge. No semi market garden in the yard, so no bragging about fresh tomatoes or zucchinis. But more like the best before was 5 years ago, but its fine, its been frozen. But thats nothing new. Its not recent. Its been that way since 19 years ago when i asked my then future ex wife why the 4 freezers?
does it count if i can still slaughter fresh ?
as i still have all my slaughter equipment , hanging equipment and stainless bandsaw from when i ran a broadacre
miss the shopping lines/prices and a fresher better cut of meat
wonder how the neighbors would take it if i pushed the project out the shed and hung a few beefers n sheep now i live in the verbs
and the green bin full of slaughter waste

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

In light of the thread I think someone needs to post their 'Stay at home' message...

Can I do it from the phone I wonder?

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #8
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
why would I want to go to the shops every few days before this started I used to buy enough food for 4-6 weeks besides fresh veggies. I dont know any of my mates that shop more than once a fortnight for the big shop
I disagree fordomatic. By buying 2 weeks of groceries, you are part of the problem. The solution is... to get the wife to do the shopping every other day. That way, you can avoid helping the wife with the 'big' grocery shop, and you then spend most of the day trolling the net. Smart shopping it's called.

Quote:
you make me laugh
You're not the only one.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I disagree fordomatic. By buying 2 weeks of groceries, you are part of the problem. The solution is... to get the wife to do the shopping every other day. That way, you can avoid helping the wife with the 'big' grocery shop, and you then spend most of the day trolling the net. Smart shopping it's called.
So the same could be said of Farmers who only go to town every couple of weeks to do their shopping?

Don't forget that if someone shops every 14 days they're leaving 13 days for others.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
So the same could be said of Farmers who only go to town every couple of weeks to do their shopping?

Don't forget that if someone shops every 14 days they're leaving 13 days for others.
I think he was having a little dig at me. It wasn't worth biting...