Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
I've started... 5th of Jan was my weigh in at 94.3kg at 188cm (no shoes) to put me at a BMI of about 27. Ideally my weight range is about 77kg (to low imho) to 88kg. I'm shooting for 84kg in about 6 months.

I've started eating better, and I walk the dog twice a day, taking the stairs at work and play volleyball once a week.
Well nearly 2 years in (5th of Jan 2005 that weigh in was). I'm now 78.4kg. 15.9kg difference in 18 months. Gives me a BMI of 22. I'm still losing weight even though i'm eating 5 meals a day.

I'm on target for my 76kg by mid Jan '07 now for the Alpine Classic bike race. currently i'm doing 200km a week on my bike which isn't as hard as it sounds. Next week i'll be doing 300-350km a week.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

well well well, it looks like someone has stolen my idea from the other forums!!!

hehe, nah thats ok peeps. If its making an influence here, then Im all for it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
well well well, it looks like someone has stolen my idea from the other forums!!!

hehe, nah thats ok peeps. If its making an influence here, then Im all for it.
Hehe, yeah I didn't see you on the forums and with the date appearing closer I thought i'd list it here for those who don't check into FF.com as much as they used to :

It's cool though because this is a team effort. As most people started on Monday I guess we could make the weigh in time each Monday to check your progress ;) So don't forget to weigh yourself each week to see how much you have lost or gained

As for myself 'm more into doing weights and exercise so my overall weight won't change dramatically but i'm hoping to build more muscle and become much fitter than I am now.

Could I request this as being a sticky? Now that we've started it's probably not going to go too far away but it'd be easier to access

Last edited by Franky; 12-01-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #4
mo eltlaser d

Smile This will lose you weight...

Howdy,
if you want to lose weight this is all you have to do.
With discipline stop eating or drinking anything with sugar and or white flour products or white rice.

So, no coke etc., cordial, alcohol, sugar in tea, you should really stop coffee also.
Only wholemeal or similar flour and grains.
Basically anything processed to a certain degree is no good.
Instead of white bread eat wholemeal, rye etc, don't eat white rice eat brown or better, don't eat cakes unless wholemeal and don't eat white spaghettis or noodles eat any of the other varieties, preferably organic, which many are.
Cut down on meat and substitute with veggies and or fish.

Bottom line just don't put white flour products or sugar products in your mouth.
You will lose weight.
Add exercise once comfortable with new eating habits and you will go from a clapped out Camry to a balanced XR8.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeltlaser
Howdy,
if you want to lose weight this is all you have to do.
With discipline stop eating or drinking anything with sugar and or white flour products or white rice.

So, no coke etc., cordial, alcohol, sugar in tea, you should really stop coffee also.
Only wholemeal or similar flour and grains.
Basically anything processed to a certain degree is no good.
Instead of white bread eat wholemeal, rye etc, don't eat white rice eat brown or better, don't eat cakes unless wholemeal and don't eat white spaghettis or noodles eat any of the other varieties, preferably organic, which many are.
Cut down on meat and substitute with veggies and or fish.

Bottom line just don't put white flour products or sugar products in your mouth.
You will lose weight.
Add exercise once comfortable with new eating habits and you will go from a clapped out Camry to a balanced XR8.
Thats all well and good, but for a 17yr old chick living with 2 20yr old guys, that isnt that easy to do, i think i will stick to my plan, thanks all the same though...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
mo eltlaser d

Ok masters24,
good luck with it whatever you do.
And don't forget you can lead by example with the two blokes you live with.You might be surprised at their responses when you start to achieve visible results

Remember, white flour and sugar are your enemy.

Otherwise, have fun!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

i really need to get off my ar5e and do some excercise, but working at maccas makes life so difficult. i cant resist the tempation. i currently weigh around 86 kilos. so lets see what happens in a few months. i wanna get down to 70's
Old 12-01-2005, 03:54 AM   #8
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Thought I'd let everyone know that Pilates is awesome! You really build up a sweat. Did anyone decide to follow the LowGI plan? Just curious coz I think it's great. Good food - doesn't feel like I'm on a diet at all, unlike many other times that I've been on diets. Although I'd lost ALOT of weight, I starved myself to do it but this plan is really good. Will definately be sticking to this eating plan.

That 'Monday' idea sounds good Devil. I'll update my progress and weight loss once a week for you all on every Monday.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #9
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

I started 6 months ago and I have lost 12kg. the first 10kg came of fast, but the last 2kg have been a strugle. I am now 71kg I want to get down to 68kg to 65kg no more no less, so I am close.

For a short *** like me, 83kg was too heavy.

I used to go to the gym 3 days a week, but I have added a day now to make it 4 days a week.
I try to eat healthier foods and I have started cycling.

What you need to do is drink heaps of water, eat smaller meals more often, don't eat too late at night and try to stay away from high carb food at night, they are fine earlier in the day but not late at night, so no pasta for dinner(there is a low carb pasta which should be OK). 1 more thing, you must excercise... walk, run, cycle, lift weights anything, you must do something.

Anyway thats my little contribution to this thread, time to go and eat some fruit and a tub of yogurt.

Last edited by Tornado; 13-01-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #10
parawolf
beep beep

Well i've started.. i'm on my way. First week checking in and i've lost 1.5kg.

Down to 93.1kg! Wooo come on only 9.1kg to go!
Old 29-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Ok guys,
Bit of a belated and shameful update with a postive at the end.
About 2 years ago I reported I had lap band surgery. At the time I got the surgery I was 140 kg. For quite some time things went along quite well. I managed to get down to 115 due to the lap band. And slowly I started eating crap again, just a lot slower due to the lap band. I once again blew out to 130Kg.
Late November we joined a Personal training studio. Unlike a gym, the focus at this place is 70% nutrition & education and 30% exercise. I have been on this program since, (yes a few bad days such as new Years, but I have been pretty honest with it) I am allowed 129 gr Carbs per day, 200 Grams of Protien and 43 Grams of fat per day. Tuesday and Thursday I get a one on one Personal trainer for 30 minutes, Wednesday morning they do Boxing club for 60 minutes and then Saturady mornings we do walk club with them. usually approx 5 kms in a very steep hilly area. (Hamilton/Ascot)

I am pleased to annouce since starting this program at 130kg,
I have now shed over 10 kg. I as of last Thursday 26.01.2012 am now at 119.9 kg.

My moral for anyone considering the lap band is you can still cheat, you need the dedication and will also. It merely helps, it does not do it by itself.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Ok guys,
Bit of a belated and shameful update with a postive at the end.
About 2 years ago I reported I had lap band surgery. At the time I got the surgery I was 140 kg. For quite some time things went along quite well. I managed to get down to 115 due to the lap band. And slowly I started eating crap again, just a lot slower due to the lap band. I once again blew out to 130Kg.
Late November we joined a Personal training studio. Unlike a gym, the focus at this place is 70% nutrition & education and 30% exercise. I have been on this program since, (yes a few bad days such as new Years, but I have been pretty honest with it) I am allowed 129 gr Carbs per day, 200 Grams of Protien and 43 Grams of fat per day. Tuesday and Thursday I get a one on one Personal trainer for 30 minutes, Wednesday morning they do Boxing club for 60 minutes and then Saturady mornings we do walk club with them. usually approx 5 kms in a very steep hilly area. (Hamilton/Ascot)

I am pleased to annouce since starting this program at 130kg,
I have now shed over 10 kg. I as of last Thursday 26.01.2012 am now at 119.9 kg.

My moral for anyone considering the lap band is you can still cheat, you need the dedication and will also. It merely helps, it does not do it by itself.

UPDATE.

I am pleased to annouce I have now shed 29.65 Kg. I weighed in on Thursday 03.05.2011 at 100.35Kg
Still going with the same program at the personal Training studio (Vision Hamilton) I am doing things I never thought I would be doing too.

I have entered the Mothers Day Classic for the 8km Walk/run

and the 10Km Gold Coast Marathon !!!
BOOM!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I thought I might update how things are going for me. It's been about 3 weeks now and I've lost 7kgs. I haven't been doing as much exercise as I had planned but I think running after 3 kids is exercise enough lol. I've adapted really well to this new healthy eating - definately feel alot better and my BSL has dropped a little too which is a good thing

How's everyone else doing?
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 04-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #14
parawolf
beep beep

Well weigh in was Wednesday night... i'm now 90.1kg so in about 6 weeks its 4.4kg. Thats a nice steady drop
Old 04-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #15
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Hey wow, I should have caught this thread earlier.

I am a vegetarian for a healthier lifestyle (looking seriously at becoming vegan) but still weigh a tonne. You know how all those veggies seem to look whispy thin, almost sickly? NOT ME dammit.

So I joined Weight Watchers for the second time on Wed 2nd Feb and have a fair bit to lose (let's just say less than 20kg!)... don't want to say much on here cos I'll go redder than my hair

I went about 4 years ago and lost 16kg (didn't get to my weight loss goal), then by August last year I had put 12kg back on... I've been swimming and eating healthier since then and have since lost 9kg.

I'm very slow when it comes to weight loss, something about my body likes to hold onto the excess kilos no matter what I do about it. I mean, I'm a fkn veggo and I am still fat!

So now to drop another 20kg in the next month for the NSW FF meet... :nutsycuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #16
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
I'm very slow when it comes to weight loss, something about my body likes to hold onto the excess kilos no matter what I do about it.
That's sorta the same for me except, I'll lose quite alot and fast in the beginning and then it slows down to the point where it might take 2 months to lose 2kgs. But I have to say, I've dropped about 30kgs in since last year without even trying. Being a night owl, someone suggested that because I get on average on 3/4hrs sleep a night (most nights) that my metabolism works hard while I'm awake and with lack of sleep. Don't know if that's true. Plus I run around the house all day cleaning (I'm not a freak lol but I have a mild case of OCD so everything has to be neat, clean and in it's place)

Rather than join Weight Watchers, I just buy all the foods and recently bought their new cookbook, which is great I must say! Oh well, another year of sleepless nights and I should be down another 30kgs LOL. Nah, I'm aiming for another 13kgs and that's it for me
Old 04-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #17
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_Fairmont -S-
Plus I run around the house all day cleaning (I'm not a freak lol but I have a mild case of OCD so everything has to be neat, clean and in it's place)
Oh come to my place ANYTIME my friend, it is in need of a serious clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #18
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Oh come to my place ANYTIME my friend, it is in need of a serious clean
Errr yeah no worries :P
Old 04-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #19
XR8GRL