Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
jmzcray
Starter Motor

Default Good Dealer Service around?

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows any good dealers around Sydney area for service (the 1st complimentary one)? Preferably near Ryde.

I have research on google for Brad Garlick Ford in Ryde, Power ford in castle hill, Thomson Ford in Parramatta and even Sinclair Ford in Kingswood/Penrith, they all have some bad reviews that makes me stay clear of them.

After reading a few threads here, I must say my confidence in letting the dealer to service your car is running low...

jmzcray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
trento
Audiophile

Default Re: Good Dealer Service around?

Firstly welcome to AFF!!!

I can't recommend a dealer in Sydney but I can say that I trust my Dealer TREVAN FORD LISMORE 110%.

They have helped me on numerous occasions and go out their way to give me (and I'm assuming others) 1st class service.

Don't let the haters get you down on Dealers.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Don't touch dale ford. After the first complimentary service go elsewhere: ford charge up to $600 for a service: elsewhere $130. (see other posts)

trento: haters exist because of Fords shithouse service, simple.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
trento
Audiophile

But it's not all ford dealers.

Just picked my fez up from Trevan for it's 60k service, not only did they steam clean the engine bay at no cost they charged me $50 less then previously quoted.

And I don't know where you got $600 for a service from!!! 60,000km service which is a "B" service including changing sparkplugs and fluids cost me under $400!!!!

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 28-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Look at thread "recommendations for 60k service" where a poor bloke was charged $560.

You got ripped at $400 for B service. I supply fully synth oil and plugs, my mechanic charges $80 & book stamped, so I do it with better quality materials for less than half your price.....

You don't happen to work for a dealer now do you? Hmmm
Old 28-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Look, at the end of the day going to a ford dealer will cost you at least double of any independent mechanic, their servicing of vehicles is where they make most of their profits.

Find yourself a decent mechanic - CARS in caringbah is excellent, buy the highest quality materials yourself and you will save hundreds without voiding any warranty.
Old 28-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
trento
Audiophile

Nope, I'm a research associate at a university. And i went to my mechanic for everything but the fez (Family friend for over 30 years) and he said that he couldn't do it for any cheaper. I mean what mechanic can afford to charge $40 an hour??? (as per your $80)

Old 28-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
shevek

In April, I had my WS Zetec 1 yr done at City Ford Rockdale, near train station. Took my own synthetic, pd $200. All good.
When I was buying, I went to Brad Garlick. They seemed cramped, a bit disorganised.
shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Look at thread "recommendations for 60k service" where a poor bloke was charged $560.

You got ripped at $400 for B service. I supply fully synth oil and plugs, my mechanic charges $80 & book stamped, so I do it with better quality materials for less than half your price.....

You don't happen to work for a dealer now do you? Hmmm
haha any one can buy a $10 stamp, you got ford service history no
your resale is Sh-t.
get him to clear a code or supply software up dates
seriously why dont you just service it your self and buy a stamp
(certified to my standards autos)
oh and out of warranty period good will, this is what good dealership service customers get to take advantage of when you car runs out of warranty and has a major/miner mechanical problem or even rust repair's. These are the boxes to tick to get goodwill,
Good service history with dealer
only used genuine parts at services, happens at service
is the car serviced correctly
When does your mechanic change, auto fluid, fuel filter, airfilter, brake fluid, power steering fluid, injector clean, engine flush, wiper blades, wiper additive, wash your car, give you a loan car, drop you to work, make you a coffee. there is more to servicing a car then dropping the fat.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look, at the end of the day going to a ford dealer will cost you at least double of any independent mechanic, their servicing of vehicles is where they make most of their profits.

Find yourself a decent mechanic - CARS in caringbah is excellent, buy the highest quality materials yourself and you will save hundreds without voiding any warranty.
very miss leading about voiding warranty,
your ryco filter blocks and lunches your engine, warranty haha take it up with ryco how much money have you saved then, give me a break.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmzcray
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows any good dealers around Sydney area for service (the 1st complimentary one)? Preferably near Ryde.

I have research on google for Brad Garlick Ford in Ryde, Power ford in castle hill, Thomson Ford in Parramatta and even Sinclair Ford in Kingswood/Penrith, they all have some bad reviews that makes me stay clear of them.

After reading a few threads here, I must say my confidence in letting the dealer to service your car is running low...
but you are thinking about letting somebody that knows nothing about fords service it, take your service book and set it on fire, the small amount of money saved will be far out weighed come trade in/resale.
Old 29-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
trumpy73

lol too much drama on here. It's a very simple small car. It's not like a BMW or some other vehicle with complex electornics etc. It takes most dealers a few mins to change oil/filter/plugs and kick the tyres. They may charge you 2hrs but it takes them nowhere near that much. I've also seen dealer mechanics. A lot of them are cowboys in nicer overalls and some fancy signage on the door.
Stick to a reputable mechanic. Cheaper and better in most cases.

PS: I used to work for a Holden dealership so I'm not just pulling things out of my backside.

PPS: 6 years down the track when we want to sell our ******* fiesta, noone would care where we had it serviced.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
haha any one can buy a $10 stamp, you got ford service history no
your resale is Sh-t.
get him to clear a code or supply software up dates
seriously why dont you just service it your self and buy a stamp
(certified to my standards autos)
oh and out of warranty period good will, this is what good dealership service customers get to take advantage of when you car runs out of warranty and has a major/miner mechanical problem or even rust repair's. These are the boxes to tick to get goodwill,
Good service history with dealer
only used genuine parts at services, happens at service
is the car serviced correctly
When does your mechanic change, auto fluid, fuel filter, airfilter, brake fluid, power steering fluid, injector clean, engine flush, wiper blades, wiper additive, wash your car, give you a loan car, drop you to work, make you a coffee. there is more to servicing a car then dropping the fat.
You obviously have some affiliation with a dealer service centre.

I have had a dealer service centre claim to have changed the fuel filter, airfilter, changed the oil and used "genuine" parts ...

Only to pull out the fuel filter and find it clogged after driving the car 10 minutes to home, find the old airfilter still in the car and find a non-standard oil filter had been fitted to the car ...

Some dealer service centres are good.

Some mechanics who work for dealers are excellent, they have outstanding knowledge on their products and there is no-one better if you have a specific and complicated problem for a specific type of car.

But there are a lot of rip-off merchants and shonky dealers out there too ... and plenty of horror stories which give them a bad name.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
somers181

I have been using Cumberland Ford at Blacktown for previous Focus and current WT Fiesta, they have been helpful and honest in all dealings, you can get a quote for the service and they will ring you if there are other problems. I used to use a mechanic friend but only Ford can let you know when there are updates needed to be done or if there are issues needing fixed that Ford advises the service departments when the car is next in etc etc...
All you can do is ask...........
I prefer to use Ford but wont put up with any crap either....... good luck.
Old 29-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
You obviously have some affiliation with a dealer service centre.

I have had a dealer service centre claim to have changed the fuel filter, airfilter, changed the oil and used "genuine" parts ...

Only to pull out the fuel filter and find it clogged after driving the car 10 minutes to home, find the old airfilter still in the car and find a non-standard oil filter had been fitted to the car ...

Some dealer service centres are good.

Some mechanics who work for dealers are excellent, they have outstanding knowledge on their products and there is no-one better if you have a specific and complicated problem for a specific type of car.

But there are a lot of rip-off merchants and shonky dealers out there too ... and plenty of horror stories which give them a bad name.
yeah you got me I do, but seriously if you could locate the fuel filter (usually in the fuel tank on most newer cars, although if it was clogged then I imagine the car was 20 years old, which I highly doubt you took a 20 years car to a dealer, cough bullsh-t cough) or is this one of those I had a friend with a brother that's sisters mums dads uncle had this happen to. But why would you recheck all these things if you have the mechanical ability to do so then wouldn't you have carried out the service yourself
I had a customer today yes today you cant make this stuff up, tell me he doesn't trust the workshop, and last time he sneakily marked the rear diff drain plug and then tells me and you didn't change the oil last service it was part of the service to be done, I look on his history and he was right we didnt and we didnt charge him for it either, he didnt mention this is his story I look a little further and see we did a warranty repaire on his diff the week before that got the same diff filled with new oil at no charge to him, I guess he impressed some at the pub with his covert operation but the fact is his story is bullsh-t, see my point.
Old 30-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Dominelli Ford at Sutherland were quite reasonable, my 15k service was $169 which I thought wasn't to bad, although one thing was my car seemed to have gained 8km's on the odometer bit long for a test run I think.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Roberts - you are fair dinkum kidding yourself.

There appears to be many, many members who are associated (directly or indirectly) with Ford dealerships. Their comments are always extremely biased (and, in roberts case, straight falicy.) I recommend that anyone who is affiliated with Ford - in any way, shape or form - have this stated under their user name. It would make things a lot easier from the get go.

Anyways - the use of non-genuine Ford parts in no way affects your vehicles warranty. To suggest that using a Ryco filter (that exceeds industry specification i.e is better than Fords) will mean that you will affect your warranty is a straight lie. By your logic all members who have a K&N panel filter fitted have voided their warranty. And that is just rubbish.

Secondly, as long as the service book is stamped and you have printed documents from your mechanic about what was replaced/serviced/used there is ZERO difference in resale value. Again, to suggest otherwise is a straight lie.

I got a PCM update at Cumberland Ford. It was free. Didn't cost me a cent. I then went to my mechanic for the logbook service. All you need to do is ring Ford every 6/12 months and check to see if there is any software updates (which are free). Therefore, in no way does taking your Ford to a private mechanic mean you can't get software updates. I've done it myself.

Courtesy cars are charged at $60 per day from most Ford dealerships. To suggest you get them included in your service is yet another lie.

One can hardly blame you though, roberts: if every customer took their car elsewhere to a certfied mechanic you Ford service centres would be out of business (and this is where Ford dealerships make the bulk of their profit; their margins on vehicles is quite slim as they purchase them from Ford and on sell them to the public). However, to come on here and blatantly lie speaks volumes of Ford employees and their service in general. Enough said.

TRENTO: where did I state that oil and plugs took 2 hrs (thus $40/hr)? If your mechanic can't drain the oil and do the plugs in just over an hour (there's your $80 - and I've been going there for a decade so no doubt I get a cheaper rate for sure, but loyalty counts) then mate, find a new mechanic.

So, the point of this thread is to try and help jmzcray.
Therefore:
Option 1: take the car the any Ford dealer and pay through the nose.

Option 2: Look in your Log book, or take the book to any Repco/Supercheap store and hand it to them. Say that you've got your 60K service coming up, these are the parts you need, and ask them for their best synthetic oil, filters etc and then take these to your mechanic to put them on the car. He will stamp your book, print you out a detailed receipt (keep them in a folder should you want to sell) and the end result will be that you have superior oils etc. in your car and you will have saved yourself hundreds in the process.

Lastly: You might also want to put in a K&N panel filter ($80 from Supercheap). It will outlast the car (never needs to be replaced), provide better filtration and throttle response and quickly save you money on the Ford filter ($50 every 30K - that was when mine needed replacing, anyways: I wouldn't want to stretch it to every 60K service.....) It is completely legal, and despite the lies that Ford employees may tell you, does NOT affect your warranty.

It's up to you: just had to set a few things straight. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

roberts - (and anyone else insisting on taking your car to Ford dealerships) - I suggest you read morbo's LATEST update on the thread he started: "recommendations60k ford fez wq auto service."

Ford: $540
Independent: $165

Ford blatantly lied to morbo about parts needing to be replaced to jack up their profit margin. Why would you trust them ever again?

End of story.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Highly Recommend Winford Ford in McGraths Hill.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #20
trento
Audiophile

Quote:

TRENTO: where did I state that oil and plugs took 2 hrs (thus $40/hr)? If your mechanic can't drain the oil and do the plugs in just over an hour (there's your $80 - and I've been going there for a decade so no doubt I get a cheaper rate for sure, but loyalty counts) then mate, find a new mechanic.
Well going from my Mechanic (which my old man has been going to for 30 years) he said it would be about two hours work as the "b" service involves bit more then just plugs and oil.

Even at mates (read: family) rates he quoted me $350. I use him for my other car (1979 escort with stage 3 2L pinto) and my missus car (2001 Laser Sedan) but as I have said in the past Trevan Ford Service has been brilliant for my fez. When a wheel stud broke due to a shoddy tyre co. using hub spacers the service manager stayed back after hours as I couldn't get the standards wheels there until after 5:00 to fit them so i could get home.

Because of that loyalty to me as a customer and the great work they do I am willing to spend the extra $39.40 for the ford stamp. I'm sure I will recoup it come resale time in a year or so.

As I have stated previously I have no affiliation with ford what so ever. If you don't believe me. Scroll to the bottom of this page.
http://www.scu.edu.au/geoscience/index.php/40/

Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #21
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

There is no way that the 'B' service should take 2 hours.

Not, at least, by a competent mechanic.

Perhaps you should read what the 'B' service actually entails: page 37 and 38 all 'check' - most visually checking the car - (with the exception of the 'refill engine oil'). (I admit I adjust my own tyre pressures as I run non standard wheels/tyres). Anyone competent shouldn't take more than 5 mins to do so, with the exception of checking the brakes. 'B' on page 39 adds just 4 sparkies, and a fuel filter. The induction filter swap took me 1 minute (when I dropped the K&N filter in). Unless the brakes require machining or there are other parts that need replacing, I'd love to know how this amounts to 120 minutes of work.

But, it doesn't matter: you're happy spending that money on a service, while I'm happy elsewhere at a different price. The bloke I go to looked after my Evo and GTR (buying houses means selling up, damn!), so I guess he kinda knows what he doing. I could be wrong.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #22
trento
Audiophile

Listen Jake, unlike you i never bagged anyone. I was just sticking up for my local dealer! I agree that having your own independent mechanic is important, like I said the fez is the only car I get serviced at ford. I'm sure your mechanic is great, BTW a little jealous about the EVO, which model???

Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Had 2. Evo 3 then 9
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #24
trumpy73

Just out of interest I called my local dealer (Perth) to find out how much a 1yr (15K) Fiesta service will cost. I know Perth is a ripoff of city but quite shocked when they quoted me $325!! They must me kidding me!!!

The lady says to me that they will also check the pressure in my tyres. Yeah great. That's worth $100 on its own. LOL

Meanwhile I took it to my own mechanic with my own fully synth oil/filter which is far better than the crap oil the dealership will use and was charged a grand total of $46 for labor.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

There you go. It's not surprising that Ford employee Roberts hasn't had the balls to reply to all these posts: difficult I spose when you get trapped in a web of lies.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #26
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
Just out of interest I called my local dealer (Perth) to find out how much a 1yr (15K) Fiesta service will cost. I know Perth is a ripoff of city but quite shocked when they quoted me $325!! They must me kidding me!!!

The lady says to me that they will also check the pressure in my tyres. Yeah great. That's worth $100 on its own. LOL

Meanwhile I took it to my own mechanic with my own fully synth oil/filter which is far better than the crap oil the dealership will use and was charged a grand total of $46 for labor.
so for the $46 was that just to change the oil and filter? ie not rotate wheels, air filter etc
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #27
trumpy73

to change the oil and filter and alleged 'safety checks' ;) and of course book stamped. There's no air filter in the 1yr service and didn't ask for tyre rotation as I've only done 9k anyway. I can do that myself (30mins job) at some stage.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #28
Caydus

Why are you still here Fiesta Man?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #29
ellwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus
Why are you still here Fiesta Man?
agreed. negative nelly.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwa
agreed. negative nelly.
+1 I for one am getting tired of the (his) negativity in almost every thread. It's almost to the point now where I won't visit the Fiesta Threads.