Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-04-2005, 04:42 PM   #1
Bangers

Default How much for my AU2?

I think the time is coming where I'm going to need to drastically downgrade from my AU2. I have a bike now I ride most of the time, and having a big old ford 6 in the garage is alot more costly than I imagined.

I'm looking to downgrade to a smaller 4 cylinder car.

Anyways, I just don't know what price I should put on her, and how to advertise it for the quickest sale.

Below is the specs.

08/2000 Ford Falcon auto AU2 Forte.
Just clicked 170,000KM. (ex-company car)
Inside and outside is perfect. Paint is immasculate.
It's had radiator replaced, new power sterring pump and hoses, new battery, new front/rear pads, all rubber is roughly 5k done.

Been serviced every 5000KM, major every 10KM. I've had it since it was 140KM, and owned it for roughly 1 year and 6 months. Always been on Optimax.

So yeah, what I'm saying is, I don't really want to have her ton the market for 6 months in the hope to sell it, so I'm not sure on what angle to sell it as. I havent thrashed it or track dayed it or anything, but because I know more than most people about cars, I think I've looked after it much better (allowed her to warm up, proper engine oil, air filters etc).

Whats the best way to sell a car like this, which can be found everywhere, so it sell's semi-quickly?

What price should I put on her too?

I updated the rego last week, so she's good till October 05.

Thanks guys

ps. I'll still lurk around FF.com.au, and maybe in a few years be back owning a nice little GTP or something which will be put to use with a couple kids in the back

Pics
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0012.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0013.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0014.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0015.JPG

Last edited by Bangers; 11-04-2005 at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Twisted
Contributing Member

Damn mate sorry to hear that! Love that colour too.

Id probably be looking for somewhere around $12-$14k due to the kms. I can see by the pics and the service history that it has been immaculately maintained but unfortunately your major hurdle will be people seeing the fact that it is a 2000 model with 170,000kms on the clock which is quite alot. Good luck though mate!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Kryton

in 2003 i (was forced) to sell my 2000 AU1 Forte with 103000km on the clock. it had tint, 17s, 6 stack and a couple of other little things. i got $10500 at the dealer (had NO choice so dont say i was ripped off). in 2001 i paid $24000 for it with 40000km on the clock.
if you sell privately i would expect to get probably $13-$14000 for your car, way less if you trade it in.
also dont forget that you can BA XTs now for around 20k-ish if you look in the right place - from a car yard too, (40000km on the clock and probably missed a service too)
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Bangers

Cheers BlueAU. Yeah I'm definately sad to see her go, and definately want her to go to a good home. I just can't afford a big 6 at this time in my life.

Well, I don't mind letting her go fo $11,000.

I'm just scared people are gonna start throwing figured around the $9,500 which I'm not sure about. That, and being a stock Ford, I have a feeling it's gonna take AGES to sell her.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$11k seems like an alright price for private imo for a stock one.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

My 2001 AU2 with 108 000 kays on the clock cost me $10k thru a wholesaler, so you may get somewhere around that private sale. THe XT being so cheap has really pushed the AU price down... If you are going to sell her do it asap while there is still some market there

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #7
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i went to heaps of auctions before i purchased my car and from your desctiption you would probably get $11k private sale.... If it went to auction / trade in expect 9-10k

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
Ray
FORD POWER!!

I'd say around 12-14K if you sell it privately... I just paid 15K for my '01 AU2 from a dealer about a month ago.

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:11 AM   #9
Slick
Starter Motor

You probably can sell it privately for $11,000 But ill take for ever, if you trade it in a yard they'll hand out $6000 to $8000.

Best thing to do is wait til christmas. not many people buying cars during that time, very slow period for car dealers. I brought a 01 AU2 XLS for $11,595 just before X-mas. advertise prize was $19599, their discount $2004 which brings it down to $17595 haggle it down to $15595 plus I insisted on a good prize for my trade-in that was valued by other small dealers at $2000 {1994 magna}. I got $4000 for the trade-in which brings it down to $11595 ohh I forgot to minus the cash deposit as well.

pick the right time to sell or trade-in cause they do have christmas shopping to do as well. then again, do you want to sell for cash or upgrade to something new?
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
Kryton

but buy this christmas the car wont be worth a great deal. sell it now while you can, before the used BA MKII's hit the car yards.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #11
Bangers

Thanks guys, I've got her on the market for $13k, which is rather brave I know. If I get a buyer she'll go, otherwise I have a very bland feeling she's about to get a massive upgrade to re-align the big grin I used to have when driving her. Something along the lines of TS50 kit, Lowered, rims, JMM strreetfighter kit and if that edit ever happens, an edit
Old 14-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #12
Slick
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers
Thanks guys, I've got her on the market for $13k, which is rather brave I know. If I get a buyer she'll go, otherwise I have a very bland feeling she's about to get a massive upgrade to re-align the big grin I used to have when driving her. Something along the lines of TS50 kit, Lowered, rims, JMM strreetfighter kit and if that edit ever happens, an edit
Even better if you have 2 or 3 buyers falling in love with it. nice colour too man.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post