Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
Tonner
Starter Motor

Default My New Focus

Today we picked up our new CL Hatch. It has Zetec Body Kit and 17inch Zetec wheels, tinted windows, sports 2inch exhaust system, and lowered suspension by 30mm. It has all the options : smooth pack, alloy pedals, sports gear knob, alloy handbreak leaver, scuff plates etc.
We ordered the car in August and picked it up today. It's Jeans Blue and it looks really hot and it sits on the road like the add. The only problem we found with it was a small scratch in drivers door, which will be fixed at 1st service. All the panels seemed to match and colour OK . No marks in the interior and it drove like a dream from Melb to Geelong even in the rain. Will get used to those indicators one day. We love it and was worth the wait. I don't know how to put photos on to show you what it looks like.

Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Sounds very nice mate!

Here's how you post photos (thanks to those who gave me guidance when I couldn't work it out either)

1. www.photobucket.com
2. setup account
3. upload images
4. copy the [img] tag address underneath your image thumbnails
5. paste it into your reply.

Look foward to seeing some pics.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Tonner
Starter Motor

Here are some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_100_0570[1].jpg (4.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg th_100_0572[1].jpg (4.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg th_100_0573[1].jpg (4.4 KB, 86 views)
Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

Looks great Tonner. Do you have any larger pictures? What and how much for lowering it?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Welcome. sounds sensational, we have our first official modded new Focus!!!! What brand opf springs did you get and who did the exhaust?

Welcome, please register at www.eurofordclub.com (our club) so we can welcome you along to any cruises in the future!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
Tonner
Starter Motor

Can't remember the exact price of the suspension and exhaust, as we had this all included in the price of delivery of the car . I think it maybe Pedders suspension. Still trying to figure out how to put these pictures on.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Parasite

Did you get the 'Safety Pack' as well?
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Tonner
Starter Motor

No we didn't get the Safety Pack as we ran out of money
Old 06-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #9
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Tonner was having probs with photobucket so I am posting the pics for him. Gotta say, the body-kit, wheels and lowered ride height do wonders for the LS focus...all it needs now is some zetec headlights
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Damn. Nice.

Just watch the tyre wear on the inside of those rears, keep those tyres rotated!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:18 AM   #11
karl74

Nice job OrseST170. Reckon a titanium grey zetec lowered like that would look very nice. I have about a 2 week wait for mine. Would appreciate some info on the lowering eg price, springs used...
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #12
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Hey there Karl, about time you joined up! In two weeks you can become member number 4 of the Perth Focus club. Tonner had the springs done as part of the package so isn't sure on the cost. I'll help you out with spring choice when it gets here _2:
Old 06-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #13
karl74

Thanks mate. After seeing Tonner's i can now appreciate how lowering the car 20-30mm adds to the overall look. Glad i put some money aside.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

bewdyful. i love that colour.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE!!!! Sure its only 20mm-30mm? Looks alot more then that! Or is it 20-30mm lower then the Zetec ride height? Either way, that is one sweet looking LS! Looks like we will be seeing ALOT more Focus with mods.

Great looking car their Tonner! Let us all know how its handling... watch those tyres fade away! haha

Sweet colour though.... cant wait to see it on the new 2006 Fiesta!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #16
Forest Bear

Well thats a bloody nice car but just plain atrocious I tell ya! As the purchaser of a real Zetec I have to can't help but be miffed. Fake I tell ya! Fake!
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #17
WASP
Whipple Induced

I like the ride height Tonner. I think my Zetec height still looks ok with the 17" and body kit, but that does look better again. I may get this done in future or I may just look at upgrading the car in a few years to the ST-XR5!!
Old 06-12-2005, 02:49 PM   #18
Parasite

On the darker colours I think the clear headlights look better as opposed to the tinted Zetec headlights. Dark headlights on dark cars look 'lost' IMO

But very nice pics and sweet ride Tonner, If you don't mind me asking how close did you come to the price of a Zetec after adding all the goodies (painting the bodykit, 17" tyres etc)
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #19
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite
On the darker colours I think the clear headlights look better as opposed to the tinted Zetec headlights. Dark headlights on dark cars look 'lost' IMO)
Fair comment but I can't say I totally agree. Our titanium Zetec with the black surround headlights looks fantastic. I’ve seen a black Zetec also and quite liked that as well. The lighter colours do make the black headlights stand out more, but I'm not sure if I would consider that an advantage necessary.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #20
Tonner
Starter Motor

It cost approx $3,000- less than a Zetec. In the price that we paid included: lowering, sports exhaust, body kit, Zetec wheels, tinted windows, interior fabric & vinyl protection, pluss all the other little bits.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #21
zetec
Zoom Zoom

There's only one thing, I think the 17's are a tad too small on the body of the new Focus. They look hot, awesome rims, but 18's are now the best size I reckon.

XR5 T here I come!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #22
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
There's only one thing, I think the 17's are a tad too small on the body of the new Focus. They look hot, awesome rims, but 18's are now the best size I reckon.

XR5 T here I come!!!!
True, but sadly I don't think the XR5 rims are cutting it. The first thing I will do when I get mine is change the rims.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 AM   #23
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Car looks fantastic! Well done!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #24
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:

XR5 T here I come!!!!
Totally agree. You would think 17" wheels on a small car would look right, but the nature of the focus styling lends itself to even bigger wheels to get the right proportions. 18"s will look better but I would even go as far as saying 19"s would be on the money. With the pushed out guards even deep dish isn't out of the question IMO.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:44 AM   #25
zetec
Zoom Zoom

CDAA spot on.

But orsest170 DUDE!!!! What are you on?!?!!!! Those rims are the sexiest stock rims ever designed by the hands of a mortal!!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #26
Suth
Suth

Matt, too true, they are the sexiest stock rims ever. They cannot be beaten
Old 10-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #27
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
CDAA spot on.

But orsest170 DUDE!!!! What are you on?!?!!!! Those rims are the sexiest stock rims ever designed by the hands of a mortal!!!!!

Yeah they look great on the Lamborghini Gallardo, but for mine, they are simply not suited to the focus. I'm sure some people will love em, which is good, coz it means I should get a good price when I sell them

Below is the Black 5 door ST/XR5 (that I plan on getting) with stock wheels, followed by a photoshop pic of a 3 door st that has the old RS rims on it. The mk 1 RS rims are nothing spectacular, but to me , they just suit the car (and yes, I realise the ride height is a factor) much better than the stock ST wheels do. The rims on the bottom two pictures are 18" Loder 1899 Jacky rims available from European parts.....now they suit the new focus!

Anyways, it's a simple matter of "each to their own" at the end of the day.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #28
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Those RS rims do look hot, just a little plain for the car. They're gorgeous rims though. Just too sacred to put on anything other than an RS!!!!! The bottom ones whilst huge and sporty, just look cheap and aftermarket. But the best thing is it's a free world and we can have what pleases us!!

So I'll have an Orange 3 door with stock rims please!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Matt, you should know that the 3 door isnt out.... yet

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 01:33 AM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Those RS rims do look hot, just a little plain for the car. They're gorgeous rims though. Just too sacred to put on anything other than an RS!!!!! The bottom ones whilst huge and sporty, just look cheap and aftermarket. But the best thing is it's a free world and we can have what pleases us!!

So I'll have an Orange 3 door with stock rims please!!!
an interesting one for you - all the enquiries ive made about RS rims have told me that i need to have RS flared guards fitted to the car to accept the wheels. I find this hard to believe cos ive seen 18's on stock Foci with the normal guards with no issues?