Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-05-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Why is it.................?

r o o t

Very cras I know.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2024, 07:52 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Hmmmmm............................

Meanwhile...................

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2024, 04:32 PM   #3
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Hmmmmm............................

Meanwhile...................

LOL this show always breaks me up and delivers.

Have any of you have any similar like Hyacinth amongst your group of friends ?
OMG we sure do - you know that group of friends you establish and get to know when your kids first start school.
My eldest boy, the wife obviously set the bar who our group of friends are from way back then and to this day might I add.
This poor bloke who funnily is typical and similar to Richard on the show, this guys wife is exactely like Hyacinth.
The guys name is Neil, all you hear is NEIL NEIL, he jumps, has to do this has to do that and only talks about herself and name drops when she can, and thinks she comes from high society.
Talks over him at lunch's dinners, me and the other mates look at each other lol and feel sorry for the dood but its his bed to lie in.
FFS she drives me nuts, my wife knows I avoid her like the plague, the cordial hello blah blah and the moment I can escape I'm off.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2024, 06:01 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
LOL this show always breaks me up and delivers.

Have any of you have any similar like Hyacinth amongst your group of friends ?
OMG we sure do - you know that group of friends you establish and get to know when your kids first start school.
My eldest boy, the wife obviously set the bar who our group of friends are from way back then and to this day might I add.
This poor bloke who funnily is typical and similar to Richard on the show, this guys wife is exactely like Hyacinth.
The guys name is Neil, all you hear is NEIL NEIL, he jumps, has to do this has to do that and only talks about herself and name drops when she can, and thinks she comes from high society.
Talks over him at lunch's dinners, me and the other mates look at each other lol and feel sorry for the dood but its his bed to lie in.
FFS she drives me nuts, my wife knows I avoid her like the plague, the cordial hello blah blah and the moment I can escape I'm off.
I certainly do!

I have an aunt that is like Hyacinth. Everything is spotless, and if its not, she's apologizing for it. She always buys name brand stuff at the supermarket despite being a middle income. She always cooks better than anyone else and using better ingredients than anyone else. She's done everything you have done, but better, and if not, then it's not worth doing in her opinion. She picks apart every other female by either discrediting her or by one upping her. If you have been sick, then she has been sicker. If you went on a holiday, she's been somewhere better. If you stay with her, it's like staying in a hotel. And yes, a name dropper too.

I say all that, but she's also a very generous person, a pleaser to her own detriment. But again, that stems back to the Hyacinth effect.

Even Patricia Routledge says that everyone has a Hyacinth in their life.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-05-2024, 11:21 PM   #5
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…that so many dental products are spearmint flavoured? I hate the stuff!

Where are the Sriracha, Wild Turkey, lettuce-and-tomato, black jellybean, Honduras artisan cigar and leatherwood honeycomb flavours, for starters?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2024, 01:02 AM   #6
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

Where are the Sriracha, Wild Turkey, lettuce-and-tomato, black jellybean, Honduras artisan cigar and leatherwood honeycomb flavours, for starters?
This could be a business opportunity CB
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

E-Commerce platforms.

Is it genuinely difficult to generate a quotation for a client and add a portal to the customer-facing web pages to “Review Quote” (with following option to immediately progress to secure payment)? Or are most online businesses just stupid/lazy?

I have been trying to buy from a supplier who is less 1 on an item. Everything else they have the quantities I need. Backorder fulfilment date is confirmed, and I told them I’m happy to take everything else now. So I requested a quotation with link to payment in full - including the B/O item and all freight.

Silence.

Then I get a follow up email asking for my rego so they can confirm the parts requested, fit my car. Out of cynical amusement, I gave these details. In return a cheery airheaded email saying “We can confirm those parts fit your car”.

Well, yes. THAT’S WHY I WANTED TO ORDER THEM.

So… Are Run Auto Parts stupid, or is it actually difficult to do what I outlined in my second paragraph?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: