Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
plytme
BLUE OVAL 4 ME

Default *olden step up the game 400kw and 760nm

Looks like team red are a bit worried about possibly loosing sales huh?

New ss with 400kw and 760nm for the sedan and 350kw and 660nm for the ute. I really hope by looking at the times they have achieved they line them up against the GT and GS for a comparison, the write up is front page of carsales at the moment if anyone wanted a read. Maybe for once *olden have taken a note from FPV's book and decided that all the bells and whistles isn't for everyone, but shear grunt gets the boys talkin!!!!!!!!! I'm so keen to see the GS ute, sounds like it should be great fun..

plytme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is an after market dealer fitted package, not actually Holden........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After market rocketeers Race Sport add supercar performance to the family sedan, and boy does it put a sting in the tail

Its an aftermarket dealer fitted product, not a Holden product.
Please explain how this is relevant in any way shape or form to a production product like the GT and GS????

Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres the link
http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2...nd-rs350-21687

I personally think it's funny how as soon as the GT335 has come out we now see all the after market tuned commodores come out of the woodwork and be on the front page of caradvice and carsales etc, like the Holden back on top headline in caradvice a week or so ago with the walky kit
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

That's just an aftermarket tuner offering performance packages.
There is no chance at all Holden would release an SS with that kind of power anytime soon let alone HSV.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also looks like the only warranty you'll get is from the dealer. Where can you go if they knock you back? Not *olden

Nice sticker pack.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

poor patterson cheney with all these motors going boom and he has to foot the bill!

i wonder how many customers will be happy when these fat pigs only get 15,000 - 25,000 km out of their tyres(depending on how hard they drive).

do these cars even pass emissions testing?

good on him for attempting a ventrue like this. do ford dealerships still have the Herrod upgrades thing available still?
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
plytme
BLUE OVAL 4 ME

I was purely looking at the figures only, i personally have zero time for any *olden product or *sv, however if they are doing these packages for that kind of money i thought it was fairly reasonably priced. Magazines always seem to put FORD and FPV down for whatever reason, and i personally would like to see a slap in there face for once.
plytme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
poor patterson cheney with all these motors going boom and he has to foot the bill! ?
Is that fact or just saying it for a stir?

I'd be suprised with who does the work on them.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
MexicanBatman
Banned

who cares, the stupid green supercharged holden thing with 460kw and a million NM sucks in every test i have seen it in or have read about, i'd prefer just 300kw and for my car to go, than 400kw and not go like 400kw so i have to keep making excuses... i ran a s/c'd 6L and won but ohh i missed a gear, then i hit the limiter, next time it was wheelspin... ok dude... here is your trophy a *****..
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

15 - 25k out of a set of tyres?????

Don't think so.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
sutts111
XR8 Rebel

How goes it guys?
sutts111 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Heres the link

I personally think it's funny how as soon as the GT335 has come out we now see all the after market tuned commodores come out of the woodwork and be on the front page of caradvice and carsales etc, like the Holden back on top headline in caradvice a week or so ago with the walky kit

Wha?

Ive seen and read about the RS Pattos stuff for about a year....

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
sxckevo
Ford motor company

We will NEVER see this kind of power from factory, the aussie government would never see it happen (mass production anyway)

bloody holden fanboy editors

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
3vXT

Its not all about a number, an engine is only part of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plytme
I was purely looking at the figures only, i personally have zero time for any *olden product or *sv, however if they are doing these packages for that kind of money i thought it was fairly reasonably priced. Magazines always seem to put FORD and FPV down for whatever reason, and i personally would like to see a slap in there face for once.
Is there some reason why you can't put a h at on the front of holden and hsv? Even if you're not a fan incorrectly spelling their names on purpose isn't going to hurt them much and it makes you sound about 8 years old.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Is that fact or just saying it for a stir?

I'd be suprised with who does the work on them.
who else is going to foot the bill when it is opened up and the cam is replaced and valve springs replaced? i dont see holden coming to the party on one of their motors which has been modified from factory specifications.

the warranty will only cover what is not touched by the dealer, but in saying that everything else is affected by the modifications which holden may not cover and the dealer will have to foot the bill.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by plytme
...As everybody has already told you, this is not Holden. Have you had a look at the December Motor magazine? There is the slap in the face you are after.

This is pretty much the same as that other thread except for some inexplicable reason Holden and HSV are being censored. Time to close?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
15 - 25k out of a set of tyres?????

Don't think so.

how long will a set of re55s bridgestones last on a heavy car like that?
also the torque going through the rear tyres will not help either, nor will the fact they are 6mm tread depth from factory not the normal 8mm on standard street tyres.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #19
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
i wonder how many customers will be happy when these fat pigs only get 15,000 - 25,000 km out of their tyres(depending on how hard they drive).

I would have been happy with 25000kms out of my G6ET tyres

Got to 21000km only....
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #20
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
I would have been happy with 25000kms out of my G6ET tyres

Got to 21000km only....
I'm lucky to get 30K out of my goodyear F1's and 22K out of some pirelli dragons that the previous owner had on. That's on a BA XT. How you drive makes more of a difference than what you drive.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #21
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
I'm lucky to get 30K out of my goodyear F1's and 22K out of some pirelli dragons that the previous owner had on. That's on a BA XT. How you drive makes more of a difference than what you drive.
30k out of f1's??? man you must drive the car really hard! i have had customers do over 80k on those tyres even on xr6t xr8 ss commos etc. i got 55k out of khumo ku36 (semi slick race tyres) on a ba xr6t which included the ford forum drag day last year up in heathcote, and i was not nice to the tyres during the burnouts either!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #22
3vXT

Quote:
30k out of f1's??? man you must drive the car really hard! i have had customers do over 80k on those tyres even on xr6t xr8 ss commos etc. i got 55k out of khumo ku36 (semi slick race tyres) on a ba xr6t which included the ford forum drag day last year up in heathcote, and i was not nice to the tyres during the burnouts either!
Yeah, that's my point.

I bought the car with 43K on it and really slippery pirelli's. Put the first set of F1's on when it was due for rego at around 45K, they lasted two years which was at about 65K. I'm at 94K now and the current set should last until rego in may (i.e 2 years again but a little over 20K). I've got a lsd and a clutch so that could have something to do with it but i'd mostly put the blame on my driving style. No burnouts or track days but i'm pretty liberal with the first and third pedals.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
who else is going to foot the bill when it is opened up and the cam is replaced and valve springs replaced? i dont see holden coming to the party on one of their motors which has been modified from factory specifications.

the warranty will only cover what is not touched by the dealer, but in saying that everything else is affected by the modifications which holden may not cover and the dealer will have to foot the bill.
i'm pretty shure mick patterson and les small know what they are doing, those engines will live..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #24
nb_351
building the xe...

yeah its funny how holden alwas somehow has to be number one, whether its the 427 pussbox or something else that doesnt get made, when ford take thelimelight it lasts a week
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #25
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Heres the link

Are Holden/GM still broke or what? I never see or hear a bad word about them. Courtesty of Crasguide, the old man thinks their an epic success while Ford is going down the gurgler..
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #26
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo
We will NEVER see this kind of power from factory, the aussie government would never see it happen (mass production anyway)

bloody holden fanboy editors
Ten years ago they said that 300kw was not possible from factory either... for all the same reasons...
Old 11-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Amg Mercedes E63 makes 386kw.
The S65 makes 463kw.
Dont see anyone complaining about that.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #28
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
After market rocketeers Race Sport add supercar performance to the family sedan, and boy does it put a sting in the tail

Its an aftermarket dealer fitted product, not a Holden product.
Please explain how this is relevant in any way shape or form to a production product like the GT and GS????
Its very relevant. Every week there is a post about a 350-450kw Holden. Every week it gets clarified that it is NOT a factory car, but an aftermarket job. And yet week after a week, another forum member posts yet another link to the same crap. (names and models have been changed).

If the members here don't get it, what chance does Joe Average have. I wonder how many people read that crap and go into a Holden dealer asking for a 450kw Commodore Omega.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #29
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRtowcar
Amg Mercedes E63 makes 386kw.
The S65 makes 463kw.
Dont see anyone complaining about that.
Ah - but bogans can't afford AMGs...

Plus - how many fullsik AMGs do you see doing donuts in maccas carparks and industrial estates???
Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #30
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Not since young Lewis Hamilton was spotted in Melbourne.