Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Default Everest beats Prado and Fortuner in reviews

It seams that the new Everest is holding its own against the Prado and Fortuner. It has beaten both of them in the last two reviews I have read even with the Prados new 2.8L engine and 6 speed auto. They noted that the Everest was better on the road than the Prado while the Prado was better off road. The Everest won the towing segment with its 3T tow rating and also had a higher water wading depth. The Everest beat the Fortuner in all areas while it was also noted that The Everest engine was better than the toyotas 2.8L. Not a bad showing from the Ford considering the Toyota has been practicing in this segment for years.
Old 17-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
paulb351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo View Post
It seams that the new Everest is holding its own against the Prado and Fortuner. It has beaten both of them in the last two reviews I have read even with the Prados new 2.8L engine and 6 speed auto. They noted that the Everest was better on the road than the Prado while the Prado was better off road. The Everest won the towing segment with its 3T tow rating and also had a higher water wading depth. The Everest beat the Fortuner in all areas while it was also noted that The Everest engine was better than the toyotas 2.8L. Not a bad showing from the Ford considering the Toyota has been practicing in this segment for years.

I read the same reviews and the off-road coverage seemed to be the result of comparing wheel articulation specs rather than actual test driving???
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Everest beats Prado and Fortuner in reviews

Prado Fortuner are cheaper, except the Prado Kakadu ,would be in Toyotas favour??
Old 17-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Prado Fortuner are cheaper, except the Prado Kakadu ,would be in Toyotas favour??
Prado starts at around the same price as Everest. Not sure how the features compare back to back though.

I'm even starting to like the back end of the Everest. It looks good filthy. If this one wasn't Orangey red it would probably look pretty good.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Fortuner GXL appears cheaper till you compare specs with the Everest Trend
Crusader is a closer comparison to the Trend, albeit with leather.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

So that's what they look like, I can't actually recall ever seeing one on the road.

BTW, good luck to anyone who buys an Everest, hopefully you bought it for a really great price because I have feeling its depreciation is going to hurt big time.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I have seen a couple on the road and i thought they looked pretty good. My initial reaction is well documented and I didn't like it. I am happy to retract that statement.
I hope Ford sell well and it proves to be a good product.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #8
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everest has come out well in a comparison with Prado today:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/406863/f...arison-review/

It's only a pity Ford couldn't get a bit more interior space lengthwise out of the Everest.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #9
twr7cx

Quote:
Not a bad showing from the Ford considering the Toyota has been practicing in this segment for years.
The Everest might be new to Australia but it's not a new vehicle model - I've been in various previous models of them overseas in the last few years.
Ford's also not new to 4WD vehicles given the F-trucks, Maverick, Ranger, Territory etc.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #10
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

This Everest most certainly is a new model. Just as the PX Ranger is a new model. Old model Everest is based on the Mazda J97 Ranger which had zero Ford design input. There is nothing common between the two.
simon varley is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

A wins a win but caradvice is generally pretty nice to Ford.

Everests interior is pretty dull though, plastics atleast look hard and not quite what I would want from a 70k+ car at that level. On the base model maybe, Prados is not better but its a very old model.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my reading of that article did not say a win for everest in all area`s , but everest it did appear to do well , i`d be interested to see an extended test cross country for a few months and see how they both go(doubt well ever see that ) , scrub bashing for a weekend doesnt always show potential problems straight away.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:19 PM   #13
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx View Post
The Everest might be new to Australia but it's not a new vehicle model - I've been in various previous models of them overseas in the last few years.
Ford's also not new to 4WD vehicles given the F-trucks, Maverick, Ranger, Territory etc.
Nope The Everest is all new, you're wrong !

The nameplate has been used before, that's all....
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 09:08 AM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

BTW:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/408536/t...79mm-to-225mm/

Quote:
Toyota Fortuner ground clearance downgraded from 279mm to 225mm
Old 13-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

That's not much at all.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #16
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
That's not much at all.
Exact same as the Everest.
Old 13-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
paulb351

Difficult to have a different outcome with similar wheel/tyre sizes unless Toyota is redefining Pi as something other than 3.142 approx???? And micro diff housing size? 😀
paulb351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post