Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Default More crap from wheels

see here

It starts out as a commentary on the Falcon RWD AWD and FWD debate. IT then goes on to extol the virtues of holdens export program. He then puts forward the concept that the falcon should be twinned with the mustang like he JUST thought of it... the mans a genius

Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiadude
see here

It starts out as a commentary on the Falcon RWD AWD and FWD debate. IT then goes on to extol the virtues of holdens export program. He then puts forward the concept that the falcon should be twinned with the mustang like he JUST thought of it... the mans a genius

Gee, did we read the same article? I thought it was a very positive article while still spelling out some home-truths.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't find the article overly bad.

Some parts sting, but the ideas put forward have merit.

Not every article can be glowing with icing on top. Some are going to be fairly factual.

The doctor suggests a spoon of concrete before breakfast.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

Ford Australia has the talent, knowledge and passion to turn out a world-class rear-drive platform that will make Falcon fly and Mustang maul. You only need to drive a Territory or FG Falcon to know that Ford Australia’s engineers are every bit the equal of their Holden counterparts.

Dosnt sound like a bad article to me buddy...
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiadude
see here

There was nothing offensive in that article.

Paragraph by paragraph it's just regurgitation of
points that most avid RWD fanatics already know:

1) Avid RWD fans will always respond strongly to FWD Vs RWD polling.
2) RWD Sedans are indelibly etched into the Australian psyche
3) A recognition that FoA is small and Dearbon wants as much integration as possible
4) I think Burela's comments were taken out of context, Falcon needs to be part of a bigger plan.
5) Hard to predict FoA thinking but a FWD Falcon would be dangerous move for Ford Australia
6) Falcon alternative, the Mondeo's sales have been, well, crap.
7) Ecoboost Falcon is here next year promising impressive fuel economy
8) Exports can boost bottom lines but Holden fell victim to poor timing and the jaws of the GFC.
9) Co-development of Falcon and Mustang makes sense.
10) Ford Australia’s engineers are every bit the equal of their Holden counterparts.
11) I, for one, am standing up for a rear-drive Falcon

Last edited by jpd80; 02-06-2010 at 07:32 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Gee, did we read the same article? I thought it was a very positive article while still spelling out some home-truths.
Im with you on this.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

The article was a good read....

Makes me think that if Ford US were to allow the FG chassis/drive train design to
lead the Mustang, so to speak, the Mustang would be better yet. I believe that
Ford Aus have got a world class operation in the design shop.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

A good article IMO.

And some basic questions that aren't being answered by Ford......

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

What I found off putting is the whole - Holden have exports, Commodore will remain RWD because of it. From what i understand - The commodore is in as much danger of disappearing as the falcon does. If GM run out of money Alpha is gone. Zeta's already dead and there are NO OTHER RWD platforms that will take commodore easily. Couple that with the fact that GMH aus is in the red to the tune of 200mil, as well as the fact that exports have dried up altogether........I think hes looking through rose coloured glasses. I agree that the falcon is in jeopardy and may go FWD/AWD or FWD. I agree that it will most likely merge with the stang if it is to survive at all. I dont agree that this is a new idea that he makes it out to be. That brings me to my main point... this article adds nothing new to the falcon future picture - except to gush about how the commodore is secure.... Im thinking this is filler on a slow news day.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Just read the article. That was an honest, open and positive thing. Well done wheels; you've actually restored some of my faith with that.
Brilliant work.

Quote: