Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ebay rip off

Just thought I'd share. Some more canny (Ebay watching) types may have noticed a rear bumper for a Zetec on Ebay.

As I have a CL, I thought the little scoop detail at the base looks nice,
so I bid on it.

Had a starting price of 99c. (no reserve)

I won it for 99c.

After all is paid for etc (bank fees cost more that goods!) I get an email stating the seller meant to list it for $99, and would now not
release the goods unless I negotiated a new price.

If it didn't sell for more that 99c, what makes him think he'll get $99!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Ebay "vet" I know you win some, you lose some. I have been lucky of late with wins on quite a few 99c auctions.

What do you all reckon?

For the record, I decided to be the bigger man, and finalised the transaction leaving +ve feed back on the condition he does the same. I'll say one thing though, if the bugger leaves neutral or bad feed back, I'm buying a plane ticket. [I have a very good feedback]

Cheers, Leakey

Last edited by Raptor; 24-08-2009 at 08:06 PM.
leakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
BlackLS
yum

His mistake, not yours. I'd report him to ebay.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Bugger him, report it to eBay. He entered into a contract of sale for that price when he listed it and the auction finished as per eBay's policies so really he has to cough up.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Bugger him, report it to eBay. He entered into a contract of sale for that price when he listed it and the auction finished as per eBay's policies so really he has to cough up.
+1 on this. Ebay are pretty clear on the rules regarding 'outside of eBay' sale negotiations, and the lack of protection you have on that.
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

The worst thing you have done is to give him good feedback. ebay will look at that and say what is the issue, you left him positive feedback. He has broken a contract between buyer and seller and really hasn't a leg to stand on.
Realisticely all that will happen will be a couple of emails back and forth from ebay, you keep your money and he keeps his bar
redxm is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked through his feed back, which is all 100% good, with good comments too.

That's what swayed my decision. Sounds like he needed the dough more than I needed the bar. I could have been a pr*^k over it, but I've taken the high
ground and let it go. Older and wiser...

Maybe someone will smash in to the back of his new rear bar.
Old 20-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #7
alky89

yeah technically he is in the wrong but you'd have to be a bit of an *** to chase him down and pin him for it. if he has had good feedback then it was probably a genuine mistake posting it as 99c instead of $99. it'd be pretty slack to hassle the guy to hand over the bar for 99c.
alky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree. ^ If you want a certain amount, make that the start bid, or put a reserve on it. Too easy.
Old 21-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MODS, can I request that the Ebay user name I typed be removed. Text body is OK.
Old 24-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey
MODS, can I request that the Ebay user name I typed be removed. Text body is OK.
Done!