Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #31
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Thanks Casper - I found your link to their site earlier in the thread and clicked on it. I couldn't buy the chip (even though I added it to my shopping cart), so I e-mailed them with my mods, and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I'm very interested in doing this though, as the V8s tend to run pretty rich in standard tune as well, so leaning the mixture out a fraction should provide a bit more oompf.
Lachlan will look after you and he knows his stuff. I know Sylox has one on his and get a good bit of extra kw out of it. Now we are all waiting for Lachlan to sort out the torque tags so we can all have them removed as well :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #32
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

i would recomend chiptorque to do anywork, i have a custom HP4 chip in my NL *hides* and after a custom tune noticed a huge difference, and picked up quite a few missing Horses ended up with 192 at the treads, casper id be suprised if u wernt 205+ as the VCT is a very underrated engine with loads of potential.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #33
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
i would recomend chiptorque to do anywork, i have a custom HP4 chip in my NL *hides* and after a custom tune noticed a huge difference, and picked up quite a few missing Horses ended up with 192 at the treads, casper id be suprised if u wernt 205+ as the VCT is a very underrated engine with loads of potential.
Yeah, its hard to say whats at the engine but I'm guessing over 200kw now.
I'm not that fussed with rwkw stuff, I only use the dyno as a guage. The ET and MPH tells me what I want to know.

Seems funny now, 2 years ago the VCT was the "unmoddable slug" that no one took serious. Now it seems to have the opposite affect with people saying that cause its a VCT its got an unfair advantage over other stock cammed I6 engines. LOL, so long as it goes hard I'm happy.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:41 PM   #34
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

oh, and for those that havent heard it, a little sound file (1.2 meg) of the sound of the exhaust.
http://www.aufalcon.com/Shane/exhaust.wav

Last edited by Casper; 09-01-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:39 AM   #35
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The XR has come a long way since you got the mod bug Casper, it must be a lot of fun to drive now.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 AM   #36
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The XR has come a long way since you got the mod bug Casper, it must be a lot of fun to drive now.
Certainly is but I still have a few things left to do on it before I'm totally satisfied. Still, cant complain, it goes alright for a plain old XR6

Old 10-01-2005, 06:57 PM   #37
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah I got a few more things left on my list aswell.. But now my exterior is finished..

Im just so stocked to be reading a post and to be shown actual evidence that it can be done... It was getting a little disheartening...

But I even noticed a change in the car getting rid of the the stock exhaust...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #38
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Yep, it can be done. Quite cheaply too in comparison to some. I've seen some funny stuff go on in the last 18 months. The VCT has gone from "the slug grandpa's XR6 that was unmoddable" to "its an unfair advantage, the VCT has more technology" :

Old 10-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

What do you think that setup is good for Casper ? 160 rwks+????
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
What do you think that setup is good for Casper ? 160 rwks+????
Already happened. A Series 3 manual with identical mods (no chip) pulled 160rwkw in November.

In and auto I'm pretty sure we can get a little more than 150 but not sure how much. Seems the AU3 VCT's had something different that gives them a tad more than the S1 VCT. Just got to find out what.

I'll be happy to see 155rwkw on mine. Hell, I'm happy with 150 but I know I can have a tad more advance on the chip programe so who knows.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #41
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
oh, and for those that havent heard it, a little sound file (1.2 meg) of the sound of the exhaust.
http://www.aufalcon.com/Shane/exhaust.wav
Sounds like it has no mufflers at all.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:30 PM   #42
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Sounds like it has no mufflers at all.
1 redback muffler, 1 resonator.

That was taken about 2 foot from behind the exhaust.....and isnt really as clear as it could be. But yes, it is that loud. Silly thing is it has no real drone at all. I can cruise around quite quietly if I want.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #43
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It sounds really good. I love it when you rev it, then the revs come down, and then down a little more - bloody autos!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #44
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
It sounds really good. I love it when you rev it, then the revs come down, and then down a little more - bloody autos!
yeah, auto does that all the time as it finds idle. Better than stalling though.

I should try to get a recording of it under load (when driving). Anyone want to hang out of my boot under full throttle?

Old 11-01-2005, 03:15 PM   #45
loxxr6
XB in parts...

In and auto I'm pretty sure we can get a little more than 150 but not sure how much. Seems the AU3 VCT's had something different that gives them a tad more than the S1 VCT. Just got to find out what.

This woulbe be the reason for the enquiry about the part numbers of the AU cams.... Sure it wasn't just a difference in dyno's ?

I should try to get a recording of it under load (when driving). Anyone want to hang out of my boot under full throttle?

Wouldn't be the first time I've been riding in someone's boot before....unless of course if you meant that i would be doing whilst not intoxicated. That would be a first.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 12:45 AM   #46
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
This woulbe be the reason for the enquiry about the part numbers of the AU cams.... Sure it wasn't just a difference in dyno's ?
Certainly was the reason. No, was all done on the same dyno.

Old 16-01-2005, 01:55 AM   #47
Kermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Already happened. A Series 3 manual with identical mods (no chip) pulled 160rwkw in November.
That's right Casper. 2 months on and loving the power! :hihi:
thanks for your wisdom and research on the subject. :king:

Anyone know where & when I can check out the 1/4 mile time etc in Sydney? I'm getting very curious.

Would I be allowed to attach a pic of the mighty JMM team if that's o.k.??

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #48
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

not bad for an "unmoddable engine" huh?

Old 16-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfan
Would I be allowed to attach a pic of the mighty JMM team if that's o.k.??
Not without their permission.

Besides, most of us know what they look like. LOL

How about attaching a pic of the red beast in the "Show us ya AU" thread in the showroom? Far better to look at.

Jim and I are also looking into why yours is that much higher. Seems that the later model VCT's had something over the AU1 VCT's, just got to find out what.

Old 16-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #50
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Well, I'll have mine on an independant dyno fairly soon to double check the numbers of mine. That should give me an idea of how accruate this all is but I'm pretty certain it should be within a few kws (at least on mine) which means that Falconfans should be similr in accruacy.

Old 16-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #51
Kermit

A new site calls for a new name. I'm thinking Falconfan sounds a bit like a wierd kind of stalker, & as 'fan' is short for 'fanatic', I have to admit I don't go hunting them out to look at or drive. I've decided to water it down somewhat. Hence the new name of 'Kermit'. Hope that's o.k. with the admin team incl. Casper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
160rwkws!!!! Go the VCT!!! Casper you have led the way man..Fords around the country will be kicking ***!!! Falcon fan thats an amazing result. That car must fly!!! We have Eastern Creek or WSID FOR 1/4 MILE testing. Ps see you on the streets!!
Yes it does fly when I want it to. Where do I get info for Eastern Creek & WSID for 1/4 mile testing days? I'm guessing on their site? Will have to go check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper
How about attaching a pic of the red beast in the "Show us ya AU" thread in the showroom? Far better to look at.
Will do Casper.

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Old 16-01-2005, 10:54 PM   #52
Kermit

Would love to go along and get mine checked. Any info would be great. Yeah Useless I do have a dyno sheet. Should I post it here????? I'm a bit clueless about these things.

160rwkw

Old 16-01-2005, 11:41 PM   #53
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Yes it does fly when I want it to. Where do I get info for Eastern Creek & WSID for 1/4 mile testing days? I'm guessing on their site? Will have to go check.

Kermit : I bailed out of a drag day @ WSID on the 30th(hiring the track for about 30-40 exclusively) so you might be able to grab my spot if its available. Go to the Drag forum for further info or email
duncan_forrest@optushome.com.au OR events@v8owners.com.au to see if you can squeeze in. Its a $150 but they only need a deposit of half up front. I went to the last day and it was cool. Alternatively if you can get down to WSID during the week you can give the car a run then.

check out www.wsid.com.au for info for the weekly runs.

Old 16-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #54
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Would love to go along and get mine checked. Any info would be great. Yeah Useless I do have a dyno sheet. Should I post it here????? I'm a bit clueless about these things.

If you can scan it in just reply to this thread and theres a section below the text box called "manage attachments". Use it to locate the scan of the dyno sheet and to upload it. Once its loaded in it'll tell you and then u hit reply and it'll show up.

Old 17-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #55
Kermit

Here you go...hope it's legible enough.

:eclipsee_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KermitXR6Dynosheet.jpg (116.0 KB, 63 views)

160rwkw

Old 17-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #56
loxxr6
XB in parts...

The JMM dyno printouts are never fantastic to read.

But yeah it gives us all a decent idea.

How's the car on the road since the upgrade ?

Old 17-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #57
Kermit

loxxr6,
tempted to go to WSID on 30th. Anyone esle from this side of the ford world going (as in I6 or similar that I might recognise?)

160rwkw

Old 17-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #58
Kermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
The JMM dyno printouts are never fantastic to read.

But yeah it gives us all a decent idea.

How's the car on the road since the upgrade ?
Great! cruises along nice and quiet but growls impressively when I put the foot down. Yet to be beaten off at the lights (up to the speed limit of course!)

You should be mighty impressed with the improvement to your machine when it goes in for the DEV5

160rwkw

Old 17-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #59
loxxr6
XB in parts...

31st Jan....its so far away lol.

Its just the cam, not the headwork/jmm headers/spark plugs etc.

Still I'm expecting a half decent result out of it. I'll also need the chip retuned but it can wait a few weeks or so. I'm hoping to give it a hiding the next available street meet which should be the a days time or so from when i get the cam in.

Old 17-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #60
Kermit

Loxxr6,
street meet on the 2nd Feb hey? might see you there. Would I need a new set of tyres after it, or is it pretty easy on them?

160rwkw