Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #31
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Hey DOC,
Here is one photo!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1
I'll try and get some more!
Cheers
Simon :nutsycuck
Thanks Simon, from what i can see the windows appear tinted ?

anyway really is your choice re the stripes and im sure it will be great what ever you decide.

from what i can see regardless of stripes or not i dont think the stripes would suit just yet, i would see colour coding of the protector strip / wing mirrors, lowering and maybe new shoes sitting under it ( and dark tint if not done ), then and only would i attempt the stripes but you may find it wont need them.

your call but from above stripes on a stocky so to speak will yell out and scream help.

pete

LOL that gecko is there again mate your just to fast for me :voldar02:

Last edited by DOC; 01-03-2006 at 05:10 PM.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #32
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i no someone with a white or was it silver forte and the blue gt stripes it looked like 5hit but it sorta grows on ya.....ill take a pic next time im in innisfail......should be april or may if u wanna wait that long
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #33
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Listen to Doc (I am always quicker than you Pete), very smart man. Make stripes one of the last things you do or it will look very try hard. Sure, get them if you want but get the suspension, tint, paint and wheels sorted out first. Make sure it has some extra go under the bonnet too.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Save the stripes for the cars they are meant to be on (FPV's!!!)
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #35
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

don't do it

it looks out of place on BA XR's let alone an AU1 Forte- that's no disrespect to your car mate; I love the AU's just don't do it

It will look worse not better- I generally won't stop people doing what they like, and had alot of people say to me "don't put stripes on your T3"- if you can publicly be against cobra stripes I am allowed to be critical of what it is you want to do- I sincerely think your car will look worse for it.

colour code the strips and mirrors- spend 500 clams on a set of lowered springs, 300 on dark tint, and even with the stockies it will look slick- far better than a striped Forte IMO.

Please put in a request to the photoshop gurus- it won;t cost anything and you can see how it will look- this will be a life-changing event

I bet my nads what I've said (and others too) will look a hundred times better than the stripes........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #36
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

that was the words i was looking for "It would look a bit try-hard" , thats what i was trying to sorta get at , its a bit extreme having GT stripes on a non GT - specially for the first mod ! ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #37
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stripes dont make a standard car into a GT,and having no stripes on a GT doesn't make it a standard car.I personally think the 2 examples on cars sales look quite good, but as Doc and Gecko have already said,may look out of place on your car without any other mods.Thats my 2 cents spent.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #38
HLC
Audi S3

yuck.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 PM   #39
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What do you mean?

Cheers

Simon
well.. not sure about the pursuits but i know they were limited build. As for the T2 TE50 there was only 141 of them built, and to ruin a car that rare with horrible stickers is absolute sacrelige. : : :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #40
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

I was thinking of chucking some blue stripes on my au. Its white but with the t3 kit on and 19" mags lowered with black tinting. Was thinking mk2 but now thinking just wait it out and get some bf stripes
Old 01-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #41
GUTLES
Adam.

I personally wouldn't do it... It's a bit like Tickford wings, they belong on Tickford cars.. But then again i like the Bonnet Bulge's on AU's..

Not a fan on White GT's with Blue stripes in the first place, maybe Grey or Blue might look ok if it was lowered & had big rims?

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #42
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
I personally wouldn't do it... It's a bit like Tickford wings, they belong on Tickford cars..
Yet another argument that's been done to death, like with the GT stripes. Each to their own.

I'd advise you to put your mod funds aside for investment in the future. But this is a car enthusiasts forum so here are more relevant suggestions I have:

Oz, I reckon set the stripes aside for now. Look at what you could do to improve how your Forte either goes or handles or a combination of both.

Ultimately it is your car, you do what you want to it, not base it on what other people think of you or your car.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 AM   #43
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
If you like it, do it. Don't listen to the knockers. If it makes you happy, do it

I'm going stripes on mine.
I personally don't think they'll look good on your car as the car would look way overdone IMO, but I agree with Bucky's comment as it's your car so do what you think will look good.

Now Bucky's car on the other hand.... I think the silver GT stripes like the pic on carsales would look great on your black beast! Remember to post pics.

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #44
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Thanks Simon, from what i can see the windows appear tinted ?

anyway really is your choice re the stripes and im sure it will be great what ever you decide.

from what i can see regardless of stripes or not i dont think the stripes would suit just yet, i would see colour coding of the protector strip / wing mirrors, lowering and maybe new shoes sitting under it ( and dark tint if not done ), then and only would i attempt the stripes but you may find it wont need them.

your call but from above stripes on a stocky so to speak will yell out and scream help.

pete

LOL that gecko is there again mate your just to fast for me :voldar02:
Nah the windows arnt tined yet...They will be soon thou! I see were your coming from DOC.

Like you said it's my call!

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #45
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Id paint the protector thingies white, and go for the stripes. Why have a car that looks the same as everyone elses? I want to put a shaker on the Monty, but everyone keeps flaming me, but Im going to do it just to be different.
Thanks Monty and loxxr6,

That's true "Why have a car that looks the same as everyone elses?" I want to be diffrent as well with my car! And as loxxr6 said "I guess you can always rip them off" I'll try it and i'll see how it looks!

Cheers

Simon :
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #46
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default GT Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
stripes dont make a standard car into a GT,and having no stripes on a GT doesn't make it a standard car.I personally think the 2 examples on cars sales look quite good, but as Doc and Gecko have already said,may look out of place on your car without any other mods.Thats my 2 cents spent.
Yes, i know stripes dont make a standard car into a GT,and having no stripes on a GT doesn't make it a standard car!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #47
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Honestly, GT's don't own the copyrights for any stripes.

Just because ford have done a smart thing and put them on GT's, doesn't mean people should stop putting them on other models.

I'll admit I see NA XR6's with them and think maybe someone should have saved a bit more for a real GT, but hey, as long as you like the end result, that's all that counts Simon.
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #48
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack 6
Honestly, GT's don't own the copyrights for any stripes.

Just because ford have done a smart thing and put them on GT's, doesn't mean people should stop putting them on other models.

I'll admit I see NA XR6's with them and think maybe someone should have saved a bit more for a real GT, but hey, as long as you like the end result, that's all that counts Simon.
Well thats what im after in the end arnt i Mack 6!

Cheers

Simon
Old 02-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #49
GMACK24
Blue Ghost

Old 02-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #50
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMACK24
Given this is the aufalcon.com forums.. where 100% of people who post here either own an AU, have owned an AU, live with someone who owns and AU or actually have seen an AU.... I'm thinking in this case pics really are not critical.

Take 1 AU (we all know what they look like), add 2 strips on the lower sills... give opinion. Not hard.

Unless you have never seen an AU of course.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #51
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you must have the stripes, I say hold it off until you have done a bit of other work first. It will look much better. And plus put the money you were going to spend on the stripes towards some 17s. Then after that, and a few other things, when you put the stripes on, it'll at least flow/look a little better than just whacking them onto a stock car.

The more I think about it, the more i want to get some stickers for my car, lol. I'll see.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #52
GMACK24
Blue Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Given this is the aufalcon.com forums.. where 100% of people who post here either own an AU, have owned an AU, live with someone who owns and AU or actually have seen an AU.... I'm thinking in this case pics really are not critical.

Take 1 AU (we all know what they look like), add 2 strips on the lower sills... give opinion. Not hard.

Unless you have never seen an AU of course.

nope sorry.. Never seen one..... I am a Yank as u may or may not know : - D
Old 02-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #53
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

If you want to copy something at least stay with the appropriate model, a TS50 series bodykit will look much better than BA GT stipes, that, said i prefer not to copy anything, an AU can look very nice on it's own.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #54
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Blue on white Cobra stripes look pretty damn cool if you ask me. people who either laugh at it or "tease" you for it are only jealous that they didn't do it first or don't like it. Do you not put tomato sauce on a sausage sizzle coz someone else around you doesn't like it??? (it makes it so much better to your taste)... See what i did there?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #55
XR6Stu

We have a series one AU not sure if its a Forte or what, but its white with the win cobra stripes right down the roof and bonnet and its looks ordinary. Why not t rying painting the "protector strips" also known as moulds whit e to match your car, and where this is a shallow slot bout 5 mm wide, run a bit of blue pin striping through there? Alt of cars have color coded moulds, my XR isdoes, and I have a thin black stripe run down the slot in the moulds, and its looks good. Cant see it looking that bad on a white car, with white moulds, with a small blue stripe along the moulds. Just my thought,s its till your car, so do what you want, and be damned to everyone else. Im cleaning my car right up with a full respray and a few other things, and everyone at work (im a panel beater) is giving me hell about it. "its a waste of time, its a waste of money blah blah" That great boys, its my car, and I'll damn well do what I want with it! Cheers! Have a good night y'all!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #56
XR6Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMACK24
nope sorry.. Never seen one..... I am a Yank as u may or may not know : - D
Assuming that you in the your profile pics, I must say your one pretty yank! If its not you and your actually a guy, well who ever that is damned pretty!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #57
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
LOL, why will it look tacky? Have you seen it done b4?
Yes. and yes, it looks tacky on 99% of AUs.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #58
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Well Spoken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndArdAU
Blue on white Cobra stripes look pretty damn cool if you ask me. people who either laugh at it or "tease" you for it are only jealous that they didn't do it first or don't like it. Do you not put tomato sauce on a sausage sizzle coz someone else around you doesn't like it??? (it makes it so much better to your taste)... See what i did there?
He said it all!

Cheers Mate

Simon :evilking:
Old 03-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #59
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Simon , people have only given their opinions of what they think , but yes in the end it is your car and your decision to do what you want with it ;) - just because myself and a few others think stripes wouldn't go, doesn't mean don't do it. Its just one of those things where you like them on certian cars or you don't , and i think you'de find just as many people like your stripes as the amount of people that dont ! . So go 4 it ;) ..
As you said anyway , if you don't like them you can allways remove them again np .
i'de be interested to see it , you might make me eat my words ..lol ...gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #60
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Eat your words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Simon , people have only given their opinions of what they think , but yes in the end it is your car and your decision to do what you want with it ;) - just because myself and a few others think stripes wouldn't go, doesn't mean don't do it. Its just one of those things where you like them on certian cars or you don't , and i think you'de find just as many people like your stripes as the amount of people that dont ! . So go 4 it ;) ..
As you said anyway , if you don't like them you can allways remove them again np .
i'de be interested to see it , you might make me eat my words ..lol ...gl
Yeah why not hey! I'll post some images ounce its been done! And hopefully i'll make you eat your words lol! :

Cheers

Simon