Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile 2013 Ford Mondeo wagon and hybrid revealed

source: http://www.caradvice.com.au/190000/2...brid-revealed/
The all-new Ford Mondeo has made its world premiere in Amsterdam, revealing for the first time the new wagon and hybrid variants and a number of segment-first technologies.

The first model to be built on the company’s new global medium-large CD-segment platform, Ford says the fifth-generation Mondeo will be the most premium vehicle it has ever offered in Europe when it goes on sale in the second half of 2013.

The all-new Ford Mondeo sedan and wagon will launch in Australia a few months later, although both body styles appear unlikely to reach our shores until the first half of 2014.

New to the line-up is the Mondeo Hybrid sedan, which teams a specially developed 2.0-litre petrol engine with an electric motor and a 35kW lithium ion battery, promising high fuel economy and low CO2 emissions.

Another first is a diesel-powered all-wheel drive variant, which Ford says is designed to deliver superior traction, performance and handling.

Ford confirmed on Thursday the entry-level Mondeo would be powered by the company’s tiny 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost turbocharged petrol engine, which produces 92kW and 170Nm of torque (200Nm on overboost).

Australia’s Mondeo line-up will be far less diverse, however. Ford Australia says neither the 1.0-litre EcoBoost nor the hybrid are on the agenda for our market, and while it is not commenting on the diesel AWD at this stage, that model appears more specifically targeted to European winter conditions.

The 2013 Ford Mondeo showcases the manufacturer’s new global design language, combining elegant lines with chiselled, purposeful details.

The sedan’s roofline flows like a coupe while the wagon sports stunning proportions and incorporates a retractable panoramic glass roof.

The Mondeo will become the first vehicle in Europe’s medium segment to offer full LED adaptive headlights and inflatable rear seatbelts – the latter designed to disperse crash forces across an area of the body five times greater than that achieved by a conventional seatbelt, reducing the risk of head neck and chest injuries.

The MyFord Touch voice-activated in-car connectivity system will also feature in the 2013 Mondeo. The system’s eight-inch touchscreen incorporates phone, audio, navigation and climate control functions, and has the ability to act as a WiFi hotspot for up to five devices.

More details on the all-new Ford Mondeo are expected to be revealed when it takes to the stand at the 2012 Paris motor show later this month.

Last edited by aussie muscle; 07-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.
aussie muscle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
mcnamg

Default Re: 2013 Ford Mondeo wagon and hybrid revealed

Typical Ford Aus thinks we dont want the Hybrid or Diesel AWD or that people who want fuel efficient cars dont want a big car. I have to buy large cars as my daughter is in a wheelchair and for the daily commute would be happy to sacrifice power for fuel savings provided by a 1.0l Ecoboost.
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good!
And true, there is no need for awd in oz. 99% of mondeo drivers would never even break traction in a 2wd!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nicest looking mondeo so far, I loved the Iosis concept back when that was around but it failed to translate in to something I really liked in production. That being said I didnt dislike the current mondeo either, i just felt it deserved a little more power.

I hope they can wack a decent motor in one of these, or just rebadge it a SHO Taurus and brng that down.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's the hatch? Have I missed something?
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Great looking vehicle. If this doesn't sell Ford Australia should just pack up and call it a day.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Rodge
Banned

It looks very good.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205
Where's the hatch? Have I missed something?
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/549...k-hatch-styles
Old 07-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
Drizz06
XR50th

That wagon is Hot! defiantly gonna consider trading the focus in for one of these. I'll have the 2L Eco Boost please.
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Very nice looking car! I'm impressed.

Not too keen on the lower bumper and tailagate on the wagon though... The front is very good though!

Put an I6 in it and make the wagon substantially larger, and I'd be more interested.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

The wagon looks the goods and should I be requiring such a car it will be on the shopping list. Between this and the Mazda 6.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Vormund

I'm interested if there is a AWD Ecoboost model.
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well I hope they bringthe tdi out, the mazda 6 has the upper hand there with me..manual too! Whats wih all the anti awd? Liberty's have done well for years although the current spec is not a flash looking car.

Awd and tdi would be an awesome combo...audi would be the only other I would imagine.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post