Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
adrian k
adrian

Default Noticed something interesting today

two weeks ago i fitted a set of 18" TE Azzuro wheels on my AU3 XR8, and i have noticed something different about the way it drives. With the factory 17s, when gunning it, it pulled nice and straight, but now with the 18s, when giving it the herbs and it changes down, it seems to pull to the left, but steering from the rear, then when still under load, you take your foot out of it, it pulls back again as the engine starts backing off. its actually quite noticable, on both ON and coming OFF the power, even the wife noticed it today. interestinly enough, the steering feels lighter in the front end than it did with the 17s at low speed driving.
has anyone come across this before?? could it just need a wheel alignment with the new 18s?

T3 TS50 #17 275kW
AU3 XR8 SVP 220kW
adrian k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

If you haven't had a wheel alignment since putting the new wheels on, then I would suggest it.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

mine does this when i went from 16's to 17's. it seems to pull to the left when i get on the gas off a stand still and straigten up when i get off the loud pedal. like FWD Torque Steer lol

i couldnt tell you what it is, especially since ive had new tyres since then and i maintain the alignment meticulously. i chew through enough tyres as is, but throw in all my country driving i had wasting them.

just say its all the power sending you any which way it wants thats what im going with :
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
brad`
The Monty

azzuros are slightly lighter then the factory ford 17's that might be why she feels a tad lighter then usual, other then that, id book it in for a wheel alignment and a tyre rotation

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post