Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
WASP
Whipple Induced

Default My Holiday experience

Thought I would share with you all a great experience I had while holidaying recently along the far southern coastal beaches about 150km past Ceduna in South Australia. This beach in the middle of nowhere, very extreme temperatures and weather generally. Many Aboriginal communities come down to the water from the bush to cool themselves off. On the 44 degree day while paying in the water with my girls I had the good fortune to be greeted by bunch of wonderful natured Aboriginal children who appeared to take a liking to me. Please forgive my half naked pale body and focus on the kids..lol

I call this one, "Watchout for falling children off the jetty"!

My youngest daughter and I playing with the other children.

This picture speaks for itself..lol

My eldest daughter and I

Old 16-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like you had a good time. How does it feel to be back to reality where everything is stressful?

Well I am counting the days down. On the 30th I leave for the south coast of NSW and I can't wait. Can't wait to get out of this boring place we people call melbourne.

Bill
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
rodderz

We went on a trip to WA about 15 years ago, Ceduna and a place just before Carnarvon in WA were the 2 most hottest days I've been in, Ceduna was 52C and the WA place was 55, bloody hot!

Ceduna isnt bad though, we had a dip there too. Wasnt it there that Zane Grey caught the biggest shark ever by rod & reel in about the 1940's?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great pics mate, although it sounds a bit cliche. They seem to really capture the moment perfectly, looks like a nice spot.
Old 16-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
kempster1

I assume this is Fowlers Bay??
If it is it is a top spot, we use to camp there 20 years ago when I was a Kid.
We use to hire a house there and stay weeks.
The kids would from Yalata community, it did have some big problems when we lived in the area.
I more than likly went to school with some of these kids parents
kempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempster1
I assume this is Fowlers Bay??
Spot on: Gee it's a small world isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Great pics mate, although it sounds a bit cliche. They seem to really capture the moment perfectly, looks like a nice spot.
Thanks Dave. My sister-inlaw took them, she's a great photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
We went on a trip to WA about 15 years ago, Ceduna and a place just before Carnarvon in WA were the 2 most hottest days I've been in, Ceduna was 52C and the WA place was 55, bloody hot!

Ceduna isnt bad though, we had a dip there too. Wasnt it there that Zane Grey caught the biggest shark ever by rod & reel in about the 1940's?
Yes, it gets pretty hot there but also has had some heavy rain when we have been there as well. I'm not sure about the shark your refereing to, but there is quite a few out there in the bay, White Pointers and they are BIG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Fairmont
Looks like you had a good time. How does it feel to be back to reality where everything is stressful?
Yes it makes a big change from my usual business environment...lol To be honest, I enjoy the time over there but I'm normally pleased to come home after a week. There's only so much dirt, wind and heat I can take.:
Old 16-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great pics. Theres something about the first picture thats hard to put into words. Its a great image
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Great pics Colville.....a place I always wanted to go....I hear the fishing is real good up there.

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Great pics Colville.....a place I always wanted to go....I hear the fishing is real good up there.
Thanks Brad. Yes if you're serious about fishing it's pretty damn good, but you need a serious boat to go out in as well. We have access to my Father-inlaws 20 ft boat which even then feels small when your looking at a 5m white pointer or the whales in the winter months.
Old 19-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #10
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Hey Sweetie

Those pictures are awesome… Looks like your family holiday was a huge success and I know that you were in need of a nice relaxed break with your girls. It’s unplanned, unexpected moments like these that are just absolutely magical and make a holiday into an awesome memory that you cherish.

I’m jealous!

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Col your a picture of fitness a liittle like myself..lol.. :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Hey Sweetie

Those pictures are awesome… Looks like your family holiday was a huge success and I know that you were in need of a nice relaxed break with your girls. It’s unplanned, unexpected moments like these that are just absolutely magical and make a holiday into an awesome memory that you cherish.

I’m jealous!

Cheers, Tori
You know I didn't lok at it that way Tori. Thanks for reminding me. I should not not take moments like that for granted. I did enjoy the relax time even if it was a bit hot. 2006, here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Col your a picture of fitness a liittle like myself..lol..:
Gee thanks Mark..lol.e