Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #361
sly
Sly like a G6

Less time than it takes CAPA to substitute a Vortech V2-SQ for the Powerdyne in their already-developed, emissions-complied and readily-available kit. They don't even have to re-run the emissions tests FFS from what they told me last October, just change "Powerdyne BD-11A" to "Vortech V2-SQ" on the compliance paperwork as the boost level in the same.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #362
sly
Sly like a G6

For anyone still waiting (im)patiently for this, the AU2 development mule is due to be tuned today. A little vid of the ute being taken for a test run in it's untuned state is here. Due to its untuned state revs are limited to 2500 or so on a light (~20%) throttle, and it's running a "high-boost" pulley he doesn't sell to the public.

One of the things Tim found as a result of this is:
Quote:
2. As soon as intake sees around 2psi the ECU cuts the engine immediately, so if you ever hear of people boosting an AU on a stock ECU and saying its going well ......... I can tell you they are talking poo.
which I believe is a bit different to TurboTaxi's experience. OTOH TT's car is an AU1 IIRC so maybe it's just another of the many refinements introduced in the AU2.

Tim has quietly been a member here for some months but has recently become a site sponsor on Fordmods, where his forum is quite lively ATM.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #363
sly
Sly like a G6

After overcoming a few hurdles, the first numbers are in on the AU kit.

The development car is an AUII ute with some 170,000km up. It's Tim's new workshop hack which has been both a help and a hindrance... there were some timing hitches due to it being needed for pickups & deliveries.

Anyway, today's configuration is:
Quote:
Fuel pump stock original Ford item
36lb injectors BOSCH
4 Bar Fuel rail pressure (XR6T) regulator
Fuel SHELL V POWER
Boost pressure 7.7-8 psi
Engine lube is valvoline synthetic
Auto trans has Amsoil synthetic
Diff has Amsoil synthetic
Spark plugs Motorcraft Iridium - .9 gap
Spark leads - Stock Motorcraft
Pacemaker Competition extractors, 3" cat and 3" exhaust with 2 muffs
Raptor V with 61mm pulley and 3" intake pipe
AFR at end of run ... 12.7, a bit lower number may make more power
NOTE: No fudging with an FMU / rising rate reg. It's all under the PCM's control. He's had some good tuning advice & help from one of Brisbane's premier Ford performance workshops.

And the end result....

261.7rwhp or 195.1rwkw in the new money... well & truly enough for me, I'm hoping for around 180rwkw with a 2.5" exhaust, 4499's and an LPG mixer in the way.

First kits due to ship in approx 3 weeks.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #364
realor

How much faster do you guys reckon this will make a stocko? I'm trying to decide whether its worth it to drop 5g's on the ute or just sell it and buy something quicker?
realor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #365
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On it's own I'd be hoping for low 14's, maybe just crack the 13's but that's just a starting point.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #366
sly
Sly like a G6

Yeah Tim seems to think around that mark too. Not a bad start as you say, around 2.5sec off the stock time (with the 3" exhaust of course).

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #367
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I'm now wishing i didn't spend 3.5k on my stereo, lol...

200rwkw is plenty

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #368
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Realor dude if you owe money on your current rig trade up.
If you own it outright get the Raptor run it for a while remove it trade up to a better AU with the same motor.
Sorry wrong way round do the opposite... no wait... a minute ah just do it.
Badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #369
sly
Sly like a G6

Default Pricing announced for May '08 orders

Tim has announced pricing on his website http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=36. These are promotional prices good to 30th May. NFI what they will be after. These prices include a flash tuner. Take $500 off if you already have a flash tuner and just want the Raptor tune loaded into the box. Freight extra - Tim estimates approx $60 - $100 to most east coast destinations but obviously this will vary.

Now this has come to market (save for some more tuning tweaks next week, Tim is keen to try to break 200rwkw for the Stage 1 kit), I'll try to resist the urge to add further to this thread. Hopefully my next mention of Raptor will be in my build thread, sometime in June :evilsasmo

Anyone interested, please get in touch with Tim through his website details or his sponsor forum on Fordmods.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #370
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Looking forward to reading your build thread

I may consider this system end of this year pending results from others

Well worth the $5k imo

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #371
realor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcooky
Realor dude if you owe money on your current rig trade up.
If you own it outright get the Raptor run it for a while remove it trade up to a better AU with the same motor.
Sorry wrong way round do the opposite... no wait... a minute ah just do it.
I think i'm leaning towards getting something else although I was seriously thinking about getting this kit for a while there.

If anyone gets it definately need a build thread with lotsa pics and info!!!
realor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #372
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suss mine out i think it's in the Ute section.
Yeah build this one and take your knowledge to the next car eh.
It's about being cost effective innit.
Badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #373
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by realor
I think i'm leaning towards getting something else although I was seriously thinking about getting this kit for a while there.

If anyone gets it definately need a build thread with lotsa pics and info!!!
Your in Brisbane so you can see a setup in the flesh in June, paid for mine today :
Old 19-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #374
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey stealth whens it going on??

you should put it on before the cruise on the 24th haha!!
Old 19-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #375
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
hey stealth whens it going on??

you should put it on before the cruise on the 24th haha!!
Won't receive it until the first or second week of June, if received the second week I wont be able to fit it until the last weekend of the month.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #376
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool
will have to check it out when its on
Old 20-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #377
sly
Sly like a G6

Hey Stealth are you getting the optional 2nd tune?

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 20-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #378
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Hey Stealth are you getting the optional 2nd tune?
Yeah, for the same price you'd be mad not to.
Old 20-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #379
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
Yeah, for the same price you'd be mad not to.
Sly, didn't read your post properly, I thoght you were reffering to which flash box I'll be getting.
I won't be getting the second tune, I didn't even ask about it.
Old 20-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #380
sly
Sly like a G6

No worries. I'll give it a run with LPG and see how it goes.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #381
sly
Sly like a G6

Kit due to arrive (at the NQX depot) tomorrow... Friday the 13th... hope that's not inauspicious LOL! I won't get it until Monday anyway.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #382
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Kit due to arrive (at the NQX depot) tomorrow... Friday the 13th... hope that's not inauspicious LOL! I won't get it until Monday anyway.
Got mine yesterday :
But it wont be fitted for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #383
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome guys!! i hope theres progress pics etc
Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #384
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Got mine yesterday :
But it wont be fitted for a couple of weeks.
My car is due for its rego renewal 2nd Sept. I want to get the rego renewed before fitting it so I have 12mths or so to deal with engineering issues, like an IM240 test and exhaust noise :evil3:

We have annual inspections in NSW on cars more than 3yrs old. So, I'll get the rego renewal papers from the RTA around 7th of August, and can use a pink slip up to 42 days old IIRC to renew the rego. If I allow to 14th August to renew the green slip (CTP insurance) and pay the rego renewal, I can get my rego inspection done the first week of July.

So I could in theory fit up the kit after the first week of July. But then the kids are on school holidays around then for 3 weeks. The Mrs won't take too kindly to me disappearing into the shed to tinker with the car with the kids home :

So probably around the last week of July before I can :disco: Ha! I had hair like that 30 years ago hehehe...

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 12-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #385
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Already spoken to a guy about making it legal here, deal is he comes to where the car is parked, has a look, does up a certificate and I hand him $140.
I love QLD :
Old 13-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #386
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

yes mee too

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #387
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
I love QLD :
Just wait till all the greenies moving up from down south start taking over your Public Service

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 13-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #388
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems like a really good bang for buck kit which would see a real increase in power. Does anyone know if they are doing a kit for the V8s? Wouldnt mind getting one of these kits instead of going a Vortech S trim.

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
BlacklistedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #389
sly
Sly like a G6

We haven't asked Tim if he'll be doing Windsor kits. Probably best you drop him an email or phone call so he knows there's some demand out there. He'll probably do them if there's enough demand. He does do a VR-VS 5.0 kit with this head unit which is at its limit on a 5.0. I'd say he'd be more likely to do more V8 kits when the bigger Raptor R is available.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 13-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #390
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Hey sly,

Do you know approximately how much Tim would charge to fit the stage 1 kit, and how long? Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I didnt see it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont