Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default HELP....central lock trouble

Hi guys...

well I tried to find a suitable answer through the search function but it wasn't really satisfying.

Maybe someone in here can help out.

It is a Ford Falcon Futura 4.0 (4spd auto) sedan....

My settings for the remote are as following.

press unlock once = driver door opens
press unlock twice = all doors open
press lock= all four doors lock

My habit is, that I allways press the lock button twice until the horn goes off...its just a habit.

However, this morning I got out off the car , locked it and that was it. After that I couldn't open the car, the boot, activate the panic button. Basically the remote was dead although that little read light was flashing everytime I pressed any button.

I can unlock the car manually though.

I have no clue how to figure out if the problem is on the sending side (the remote ) or the receiving side (body control modul).

The battery of the remote seems to be ok...although more than 2 years old...otherwise the red little light wouldn"t flash when a button is pressed.

Does anyone have an idea ? It happened so sudden...pressed the button and after that the cehntral lock didn't respond anymore to any button.

Thanks for any idea

cheers

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Open the car using the key, and try reprogramming the remote to the car.

1. Sit in the car with the doors closed

2. Turn the ignition to the ACC position and press the rear demist button 3 times, within 5 seconds.

3. You then press a button on the first remote to be trained, the door locks will cycle.

4. Then press a button on the 2nd to be trained and the door locks will cycle again.

5. Repeat this step for the rest of the remotes to be trained to the car.

Note: The first keypad trained will result in one door lock cycle, the second should result in 2 door lock cycles, and so on. There is a limit of 8 remotes per car.

6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the learning mode.

Done - Your remotes are now programmed to your car.

As to why the car would have "forgotten" your remote: who knows, but the ECU & BEM is a computer, and we all know they lose the plot from time to time. If this happens regularly, check the ECU and BEM for water ingress and rust causing short circuits - one or both may need replacing.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 02-03-2011 at 12:06 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Swedishmoose

Hi JC,

thanks for your reply....

I know where the BCM (or BEM) Module sits...it is behind my left knee (behind the dashboard).

I am not exactly familiar with the position of the ECU.

Do you have a clue how common it is that either the BEM or ECU stuff up?

Thanks again

The Moose
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Swedishmoose

JC.........

I forgot to ask....

after pressing the demister button three times can I press ANY button on the remote before the learning cycle starts or does it have to be a particular?

Thanks again

The Moose
Old 02-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just a few things to add between 2 and 3 the door locks will cycle if it has entered programing mode and before turning ignition off turn it from accessories to ingnition on and the locks will cycle again indication sucsessful programing

if 15 seconds pass with no keypad activity the car will exit programing mode

even if the red light works there may not be enough power for ate radio signal to work so replace the battery it is just a button cell ( the same as the one on a computer motherboard)

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Swedishmoose

Hi AU3XR6,

thank you for your input..

JC forgot to add what button on the keypad to press after the demist button was pressed..

can I pick one ?

or does it have to be a particular one (lets say the unlock buton).

Cheers

The Moose
Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any button is fine

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 06-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
Swedishmoose

Hi there...

well, as it turned out the car has lost the plot.

For some reason the BEM forgot the remote and had to learn again.

That was it....

It works again.

I am just curious how that can happen so suddenly. It has never done that before.....I hope it was a 'one of'

Cheers

The Moose
Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

never heard of that happening before so hopefuly just a one off

Rides:

Old 06-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

....and I thought it was just mine. My Fairlane has forgotten it's code twice now but I'm not sure it's the BEM because only 1 of the 2 remotes didn't work. When one of mine stopped working one day but was still flashing when I pushed a button, I went and got the other one and opened the car with that. I reprogrammed the remotes again and it did the same thing again about a week later. Same procedure, same remote. I reprogrammed and it's been fine since. So my guess would be look at the remote first or just change it for another one and see if it happens again.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishmoose
I am just curious how that can happen so suddenly. It has never done that before.....
Microsoft had a hand in the design ?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if that was true the car would cut out and the lcd in the car would "blue screen" a few times a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Microsoft had a hand in the design ?

Rides:

Old 07-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my remote played up in a similar fashion for a while until even the light stopped working, i guessed it was the battery as it had been in for 5/6 years that i know of, i carefully replaced the battery after reading posts on problems after fitting them,
it stopped working a little while down the track , when i pulled it apart the battery and its holder fell out, the battery holder has 4 legs or pins that are (should be )soldered into the circuit board, my young brother said he could solder it in if i bought a fine drill to clean the holes out, i don`t think i`ll bother, 10 years is a good service for a hard working item like this, perhaps pull the lid off your remote and check the battery holder.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #14
Swedishmoose

Default Re: HELP....central lock trouble

hi guys...

thanks for all the replies...

well i simply had to re-train the key pad and it has been fine since that.

The battery holder of my pad is also ripped out of the circuit board. I just shoved it back in and put a piece of rubber that I stuck on top of the battery. It holds the battery and its holder firmly in place once you close the key pad again.

I don't have a very ine soldering iron to put it back in correctly and with a big one you can do more damage to the sensitive little components of the board.

Thanks again for all the replies...

The Moose
Old 25-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #15
Skeg37

I have a smilar problem with my 98 AU XR6. I have done the retraining thing and it worked for a short time however when I press the unlock button the door lock cycles up and down 3 times. Any advice on this one?
Skeg37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
smally289
growing up is optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeg37
I have a smilar problem with my 98 AU XR6. I have done the retraining thing and it worked for a short time however when I press the unlock button the door lock cycles up and down 3 times. Any advice on this one?
Replaced the LHF actuator recently?
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Skeg37

No, I retrained it and it seems to work again see how long it goes for.
Skeg37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post