Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
#boycottchina!
I'm all for that because everyone would have to smash their iphone or samsung etc and insta and twitter and the rest of those types of social media platforms would die.

E: I wonder if the sm 'influencers' on those platforms are taking a pay cut or they are getting more money because people have more spare time to be poisoned by them?
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I have had my reservations for a while now that this virus being a simple mutation of animal genetics, which when consumed by the Chinese, resulted in the deadly virus known as the Coronavirus.

It may have been a result of human consumption of "exotic" animals in the city of Wuhan, but I'm sceptical as to how this virus actually got to these animals. Let's just say, I believe it to be a "synthetic" virus.

The following article from Reuters may or may have anything to do with Covid-19, or my post above. But it is a interesting (long) read.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21C3N5
Old 12-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I have had my reservations for a while now that this virus being a simple mutation of animal genetics, which when consumed by the Chinese, resulted in the deadly virus known as the Coronavirus.

It may have been a result of human consumption of "exotic" animals in the city of Wuhan, but I'm sceptical as to how this virus actually got to these animals. Let's just say, I believe it to be a "synthetic" virus.
Over the last 2 weeks since my post above, there have been more and more evidence emerging to support the theory that this virus was not a result of human consumption of "bats" at a Huanan "seafood market". This Covid-19 is a man made "synthetic" virus. It is the result of the CCP's research into a bio chemical weapon (a deadly influenza like virus that easily transmits between humans) that accidentally escaped the Wuhan Institute of Virology. I say accidentally because I still cannot fathom that the Chinese Communist Party could have leaked the virus on purpose.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Over the last 2 weeks since my post above, there have been more and more evidence emerging to support the theory that this virus was not a result of human consumption of "bats" at a Huanan "seafood market". This Covid-19 is a man made "synthetic" virus. It is the result of the CCP's research into a bio chemical weapon (a deadly influenza like virus that easily transmits between humans) that accidentally escaped the Wuhan Institute of Virology. I say accidentally because I still cannot fathom that the Chinese Communist Party could have leaked the virus on purpose.
Legitimate links to evidence not loading ?
Old 12-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Debunk debunked

https://fordforums.com.au/showpost.p...postcount=1441
Old 12-04-2020, 10:12 PM   #6
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Your internet connection not working??

Plenty of evidence if you bothered to look. Some in this very thread.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:15 PM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Legitimate evidence. Not some wannabe celebrity in the US with a laptop and camera.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:16 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

This event, globally, seems to have been the death-knell of Skype. Everything I hear is about Zoom where it would have once been Skype.
Old 13-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #9
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:

It was a pretty simple Question from Gasolane.........

And your answer was pretty pathetic........

It's not hard to post a link. Where is your link ?

If link can't be produced I'd say you would come under FairmontGS's description of a "Deep state nut job"..........
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well by 'official' numbers the US have surpassed China in total cases but I find that hard to believe.

China are not transparent at the best of times let alone in a crisis. But still quite concerning the numbers in the US.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #11
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

7 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2020, 10:51 PM   #12
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

businesses closing....is it just possible that some of the mega corps are shutting down, not just to 'keep our staff safe' but
how would their profit line look at the end of financial year? Yes they'll take a hit, but no wages, refusing to pay rent would surely have some benefits to the financial boffins.

I could be wrong, just thinking while sipping on a nice red cordial
Old 27-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had to laugh at the usual Peta Credlin rant against pubes and how they know what business pay in wages because of single touch payroll and how they should do better to work it all out.

Forgets that it was pubes that designed and built the STP solution in the first place and that it relies on politicians to decide on how to use that data to pay out the stimulus. ****s me to tears.
Old 28-03-2020, 12:45 AM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well now this is interesting news. Boris Johnson has tested positive for the 'rona.
Old 28-03-2020, 01:17 AM   #15
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Myer announces it will shut down its stores on Sunday and stand down 10,000 staff without pay. Their hardest decision in 120 years.

Myer shutdown

When does the cure become worse than the disease?
Dead people or a dead economy?

But then again... Denial is the best friend of this virus - Meaningful action is it's worst enemy.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 28-03-2020 at 01:22 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 01:38 AM   #16
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Myer announces it will shut down its stores on Sunday and stand down 10,000 staff without pay. Their hardest decision in 120 years.

Myer shutdown

But then again... Denial is the best friend of this virus - Meaningful action is it's worst enemy.
Well it is a choice for sure. Some are definitely advocating more on the economical side of things while others doing the same on the health side.

Australia had plenty of warning of the disaster to come. And we did **** all to prepare.

Think of all the politics in years gone by where it was all hardline secure the border and stop the boats and we ****ed up both when it actually would have made a difference
Old 28-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Well it is a choice for sure. Some are definitely advocating more on the economical side of things while others doing the same on the health side.

Australia had plenty of warning of the disaster to come. And we did **** all to prepare.

Think of all the politics in years gone by where it was all hardline secure the border and stop the boats and we ****ed up both when it actually would have made a difference
Has none of the multi billion AU Govt Stimulus package filtered through to workers and laid off staff, if not where has it ended up. They need to implement a freeze now.
Old 28-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #18
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Has none of the multi billion AU Govt Stimulus package filtered through to workers and laid off staff, if not where has it ended up. They need to implement a freeze now.
Probly same place as the bush fire money........
Old 28-03-2020, 12:33 PM   #19
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
No stimulus packages have been started yet.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #20
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Job losses and cut backs from knee jerk reactions like mass lock down will create more of a health crisis.
Domestic violence, more broken families, mental trauma of children having to be in that environment. Suicides because of that, as well as unemployment, financial difficulties & losses, or defaulting on loans.
We haven’t seen fatality rates in relation to age group of this virus.
Media are making out like if someone is to step closer than 1 metre to someone else they’re gonna end up 6 feet under.
We have a whole lot of paranoid people running around or running their fingers on social media like headless chooks.

Who’s gonna be lining up to buy commercial property when tenants can’t pay the rent and landlords can’t pay the mortgage...
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 01:52 AM   #21
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That matter I am involved with ran for a day in Sydney then there was farting around for 2 days now back on this Monday to run by remote video link.

I dread going back to Sydney CBD to run from my colleagues building. Their building was shut down due to a cleaner diagnosed with Covid 19, had a hell of a day trying to scan and Dropbox tenders of over 600 pages.

When I shopped in Coles Goulburn street I wore a face mask due to density of people and there was a real bad vibe in the air, part people shock zombies in disbelief, part fear and part agro.
All the poor shop staff, cafes, restaurants, real resignation and fear etched on their faces.

This all just sucks. Just hope we can pull through this mess and people able to help one another out. I have no doubt people will ie landlord helping tenants in distress.

But big business and govt can be so bloody ruthless and clunky with red tape. Lady who did the drop boxing for me was freaking cause her partner has lost his job and is finding it incredibly hard to get a toe in at Centrelink and her employer has shut down the Sydney operation. The Newcastle operation is hanging in there but she was freaking out about loosing her job.

Now Myer- so much pain out there for people.

The anger will start- we had an interesting discussion at home tonight how there has been no statement by the Chinese leadership saying they regret what is going on. I would not expect an apology from Asians- loss of face in their culture and all that crap. But come on just saying we really regret the pain this virus which appears to have come from Wuhan is causing....?

Or is that asking too much?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 08:51 AM   #22
Sioso
irregular member

3.3 million Americans sign up for unemployment in one week.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52050426

Then add to that the panic buying of guns and ammo.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/halahto.../#2fc0d121782e

I will be interested to see how all this plays out.....
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #23
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post

You'll never know what those left wing monkeys are capable of.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #24
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post

I have a good friend with a small business in Florida. She is terrified of the gun and unemployment situation. It’s almost like it’s a matter of when she’s robbed not if.

Interesting comment Trump made in a statement yesterday was “Nobody is to blame for this virus...well not in the USA anyway” .

Sadly there will be massive loss of life in the US, many older citizens will be buried by their families, there’s obvious job losses. There will be anger, look at 9/11 and multiply it. They will want revenge and someone to blame, they lost around 4000 in the twin towers, likely more are killed by guns each year but they were outraged and the rest is history.

Nothing bolsters the US economy like a good barney. Boeing, Northrop Grumman and the myriad of large aerospace companies all have massive military production. I hope I’m wrong.... but.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #25
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
The anger will start- we had an interesting discussion at home tonight how there has been no statement by the Chinese leadership saying they regret what is going on. I would not expect an apology from Asians- loss of face in their culture and all that crap. But come on just saying we really regret the pain this virus which appears to have come from Wuhan is causing....?

Or is that asking too much?
Interesting you say that mate, I was thinking the same thing. Shoe on the other foot and if Australia was the epicentre of this mess they would be pointing the finger at us no doubt about it. The face saving philosophy is alive and well in many countries and ad the communist regime on top of that and here we are.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #26
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
It's going to be a bloodbath in the US. There's going to be a lot of anger directed toward the Chinese. It's not the first time they tried to cover it up, they did the same with SARS. Trump will act. I can see significant trade sanctions against the Chinese from the US. It remains to be seen whether other nations decide to follow suit.

I suspect the tolerance for China will fall, especially if as the conspiracy theorists point out, China looks to snap up western assets/companies on the cheap.
Old 28-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #27
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I suspect the tolerance for China will fall, especially if as the conspiracy theorists point out, China looks to snap up western assets/companies on the cheap.
Also watch this space on OZ government rescue packages for many companies. Virgin would be a decent example. In financial stress, big employer and is heavily lobbying the gov for a support package. Virgin is around 90% foreign owned. A Middle East Airline, A Chinese Airline and another Chinese financial group. Where do you think our money may end up? Would make GM look like snow white. I hope our Gov is careful how they award such support.
Old 28-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #28
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Not really a conspiracy if you do some homework. China has being buying up the most Australian stock since they crashed.

Also, business insiders saying CH7 will be looking for a buyer soon if things keep going as they have been. CH7 are in a spot of bother with all the sports they paid millions for now not going ahead. Guess who has shown interest in purchasing CH7?

SEVEN GROUP HOLDINGS LIMITED stock price currently about the $11 mark. Was over $21 end of Feb 2020.

https://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-pri...ch/company/SVW
Old 28-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #29
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

We have been warned by medical professionals (not governments) of other western countries (European, US, UK, etc) to act fast and go hard. 'Social distancing' and 'stay at home if you can' does not work is the common advice. They have seen what happens with the lack of meaningful action by their governments. They have the first hand proof. But the Australian government is still in denial.

If it's an argument of dead people, vs a dead economy, currently in Australia, the numbers of deaths are low. The economy is very sick, but is not dead, as yet. If we keep going the way we are, denying the advice of medical professionals from overseas, and dragging out the inevitable total shutdown of the country, the scales will tip over, and then Australia will not only have lot's of dead, but also a totally dead economy.
Old 28-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #30
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Trump Orders General Motors to Make Ventilators
Wall Street Journal-25 minutes ago

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-l...rs-11585327749
Closed Thread