Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I'm proud of my son

As the title suggests I am very proud of my son after an incident yesterday. When he was 12 and I realised how big he was going to become I told him if he ever laid a hand on his older sisters, mum or girlfriend / wife I would turn him into a Eunuch. He lives with his mother and while she was at work and he had just got home from Uni, there was a knock on the door. A young woman was cowering at the front door with blood on her face. She stated she was just bashed by her husband. Without hesitation he offered her to come in. Now, my son is 18y/o, 6' 4" and about 130kg. She is 4' 10" and yet was comfortable to enter the house.

He sat her down, cleaned the blood off her face and then called the Police. He got her a drink etc and sat and waited with her. He also rang his mother and I. When his older sister and I arrived, we found one very scared young lady but said she felt safe with my son. I rang the police again to see how long it would be before they arrived.

After waiting on hold for 6 minutes without speaking to someone I hung up. I asked the young lady if I could take her somewhere. She asked if I could drop her off at a women's shelter and I did so. I got a hug from her and asked to give one to my son. I think his mum told him how proud I was.

Now the bad part. My son hasn't spoken to me since Father's Day 2011. He played a practical joke on me which backfired. I said some things which I regret. Every time I have tried to apologise he wants no part of it. I apologise unreservedly for hurting him and that only makes him worse.

So, a couple of weeks ago we had a family barbecue. I told both my Daughters and my Ex I was going to end this once and for all. You may say this is really not that big but to me it is. At it's best I have only four years to live before my kidneys give out and that is so long as the s*it growing in my brain or my heart doesn't take me out first.

I crept up behind him and put my arms around him (not easy) and said "caught you". He then proceeded to head butt me, after the fourth one I lost it and punched him in the head. Needless to say I became the bad one.

Sorry to put this in writing to the forum but I have come to regard everyone as an extended family.

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default Re: I'm proud of my son

AA for you my friend! Dont take it in a bad way but.....Re-read your thread, then look from another members perspective.

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Mate, I understand your situation but eff me call Lifeline or Beyond Blue. You don't need that stuff happening to you, nor should you really be putting your heart out on an online forum for numptys to say the wrong thing.

I know this may sound negative and that people dont wanna help, it's not the intention at all.

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.mensline.org.au/Home.html

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed, you should not have hit him regardless of the situation, however this is not the place to discuss a problem like this. Write your son a letter explaining your thoughts, I am sure your words will be better received by him than the FF community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Mate, I understand your situation but eff me call Lifeline or Beyond Blue. You don't need that stuff happening to you, nor should you really be putting your heart out on an online forum for numptys to say the wrong thing.

I know this may sound negative and that people dont wanna help, it's not the intention at all.

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh mate.....I feel for you but I have to say..bad show.....2 strikes...airing such a thing in such an arena and losing your cool with your son

AA .....lifeline and or beyond blue

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
BA Turbo

oh come on guys leave the OP Alone he was just wanting anther fathers opinion on this or someone else eg the other party a kid from a broken home

hell the guy just wanted to talk

Last edited by flappist; 24-10-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Cam
Stroking it...

Sounds like both you and your son could do with some counseling, it may not be the "manly" thing to do but it sounds like you both need it..

I understand you trying to make a mends due to your health issues, sadly if your son chooses to have no part in it then you've got no choice but to accept it.
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.

Old 24-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Somethings are best left alone.
I havent spoken to any of my family at all since a load of **** went down over many years and culminated funnily enough at a fathers day/birthday BBQ in 2011.
It has been the best 14 months of my life without them in it. No drama , no grief.
I know Ill regret it all one day but I have to live in peace too.
Fingers crossed the day wont come where they knock on my door.

Old 24-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

As hard as it is and a bad situation which needs to be sorted ...... I think some proper help needs to be sort. While airing these things on the forum may help, unfortunately some advice won't be professional enough for such a serious situation ..... even if the intention is good.

Please contact http://www.mensline.org.au/Home.html or similar.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread