Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Default Rav4 V6 Delivery Stop

Came through my email this morning,

Dealers are requested to cease new vehicle retail deliveries
of RAV4 V6, effective immediately, Monday 29th October,
2007. Vehicles are to be held in stock until further notice.
All GSA33R RAV4 V6 vehicles delivered to dealers and in transit
from TMCA since wholesale launch.
TMC has directed this action following reports of driveability related
conditions affecting this new version of RAV4.

Not much info. But toyota never spill the beans.

hy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Hmmn another launch stopped.

I wonder how long they can live on they're "Perceived Relaibilty" before this sort of thing starts to hurt them,but I suppose Holden lives on being Perceived as Australian.
Old 29-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
3vXT

(insert joke about killer wasps here)...or is that a different one?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Hmmn another launch stopped.

I wonder how long they can live on they're "Perceived Relaibilty" before this sort of thing starts to hurt them
Better they stop it now before delivery than to give the customer a dud. I actually think they should be commended for having the guts to pull the plug on deliveries. We have seen other brands time and time again lose credibility and reputation over recalls.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Toyota wont tell us either. We've already delivered a couple...
Old 29-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Toyota wont tell us either. We've already delivered a couple...
Yeah same, someone told me something to do with drive shafts...but thats only guessing.
Old 29-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Wow, $40k for a RAV4 CV6!
That's Forester XT money!
Old 29-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

yeah its about 2g to deal, but forester is not as capable as the rav off road in my opinion. and theres a fair few standard features.
Old 29-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
aye you
The Origional, The Best

i wouldn't take either off road personally, not in the territory anyways
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #10
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

Quote:
Originally Posted by hy_boi
yeah its about 2g to deal, but forester is not as capable as the rav off road in my opinion. and theres a fair few standard features.
I don't think the buyers of XT or RAV's worry too much about entry and departure angles. They both have the same 200mm clearance, and the new RAV has a much longer wheelbase (2660 vs 2520) compared to the foz, so heading bush in a new RAV would not be ideal.

I'm pretty impressed they're shipping them with the Avalon/Camry's V6. It just smells that it isn't offered with a clutch and a self shifter. They certainly do ship with a lot of safety kit as standard. I just miss the days when a RAV was a 'compact' 4WD. The thing is 4.6m long and 1.8m wide!
Old 29-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklier
I'm pretty impressed they're shipping them with the Avalon/Camry's V6. It just smells that it isn't offered with a clutch and a self shifter. They certainly do ship with a lot of safety kit as standard. I just miss the days when a RAV was a 'compact' 4WD. The thing is 4.6m long and 1.8m wide!
It's actually the Aurion/Kluger V6. I agree about the rest tho - I think they're fugly, overpriced and too big.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

forester XT dosent have 201KW does it :P havent had any memo's about this as yet odd as im about to deliver one tommorow.. the klugers are quick these are mental for a Rav4 .

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #13
irlewy86
Meep Meep

$10 says they're great on road one look at gravel and you've got a $40,000 paperweight.
Old 29-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Wonder if it is an issue with the 3.5l v6? Didn't they also recall the Aurion as well? Or was it only the supercharged ones?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Wonder if it is an issue with the 3.5l v6? Didn't they also recall the Aurion as well? Or was it only the supercharged ones?
Was the blown ones. Although I did see one yesterday afternoon driving round. Looked nice dare I say it.
Old 29-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Friend of mine just bought a Black V6 Rav, , I wonder what the problem is ?
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
(insert joke about killer wasps here)...or is that a different one?
Killer Wasps
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #18
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Had another chat to the service boys, and they tend to think its more a software problem with the auto transmission.

The days of the rav4 being a compact 4wd, what have you been smoking, for many years they were fwd with a locking front diff.
Old 30-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #19
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

I have now found out what the problem is,

The computer in the rav4 is taking to long to send and receive signals from the throttle, delays of up to 2 seconds. So when this problem is sorted does that mean the Rav4 V6 will be faster
Old 30-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #20
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Killer Wasps
And I thought Ford made crap ads!

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #21
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2043

Play word association with the average American consumer. Say the words “quality cars.” Chances are they’ll respond with “Toyota.” For decades, the Japanese automaker has carefully nurtured and perpetuated a reputation for producing well-built/reliable cars and trucks. As a result, the company’s US sales have grown like kudzu. As of last month, Toyota now sells more cars in the Americas than Ford. If you discount fleet sales (so to speak), Toyota’s totals are within shouting distance of GM’s, both nationally and worldwide. Despite this startling, seemingly unstoppable success, or perhaps because of it, the company’s supposedly impenetrable façade has begun to show a few cracks.

Toyota’s first foray into US manufacturing began with a 25% federal tariff on foreign pickups. Toyota reacted to the punitive tax by importing bare chassis and attaching the truck beds in an American facility. When The Big Three (who were about to introduce their first domestic small trucks) pressured Congress into widening the tariff to include imported chassis, Toyota built an American plant to assemble complete trucks. Once the Japanese manufacturer realized they could build competitive vehicles stateside, they began expanding their American operations.

To avoid the United Auto Workers (UAW), Toyota situated their new factories in “right to work” states. As many industry analysts have concluded, Toyota’s clean sheet factories (eventually aided by state-funded tax breaks) and non-union workforce gave them an immediate and unassailable advantage over their “domestic” competition. While GM, Ford and Chrysler were busy appeasing their unions, draining funds which could have been used to upgrade their ageing products and antiquated production facilities, Toyota hit the ground running and never looked back.

At some point, Toyota became a victim of its own success. The company’s double quick expansion, from perennial underdog to voracious overlord, has compromised their unique selling point: product quality. Specifically, Toyota has suffered a plague of recalls around the world. In 2003, the automaker recalled 200k American vehicles. In 2004, the number increased fivefold, to a little over one million vehicles. In the following year, the number leaped again, more than doubling to 2.2 million. So far this year, Toyota has announced five recalls affecting approximately 900K vehicles.

Again, Toyota’s rapid growth is to blame. For one thing, the company’s design centers have been understaffed. The shortage of in-house talent has forced Toyota to outsource, relying on its parts suppliers to design key components. At the same time, the automaker has increased the amount of parts sharing among different models. The practice has dramatically increased the scope of a "single" failure, as witnessed by last October's recall of 1.27m Japanese vehicles. Goldman Sachs estimates that design faults (e.g. rubber parts not thick enough to withstand engine heat and joints too weak to hold together) account for 68% of Toyota’s 2004 recalls.

Andrew Phillips of Nikko Citigroup stated "Toyota's resources have been stretched quite a bit by the big increases in volume." Shinsei Securities analyst Yasuhiro Matsumoto lays the blame for Toyota’s declining quality squarely on Katsuaki Watanabe’s shoulders. He claims the CEO’s constant focus on cost cutting has created devastating production glitches. The resulting quality issues have become so alarming that Watanabe recently admitted, "I take this seriously and see it as a crisis." It’s just as well; Goldman Sachs analyst Kunihiko Shiohara estimates that it may take Toyota four years or more to achieve "a fundamental turnaround in quality levels.”

Toyota also seems to be off their game in predicting market shifts. True, the company displayed impeccable timing by importing the Yaris just as American demand for smaller, higher mileage cars kicked into high gear. But Toyota’s also about to begin production on a larger, heavier and more powerful full-size Tundra, assembled in a brand new $800m Texas plant. While Toyota sells the high mileage cars tree huggers love to hug, they also have the thirstiest truck fleet on the market. And now that large truck sales seem to be tanking, they’re gearing-up to produce them in record numbers. Only time will tell if they’ve made a smart move (i.e. if sales recover or GM goes bankrupt), but at this point their timing could hardly be worse.

Earlier this year, Toyota announced they were delaying the introduction of the new Corolla for a year to focus on the launch of the new Camry. This will leave the current generation Corolla in service for a Big Three-like six years. While the move could reflect a redoubling of Toyota’s commitment to quality, it gives the model’s competitors some much-needed breathing room. Is this a minor setback in Toyota’s relentless march on American market share or warning signs of a more fundamental, less easily solved problem? It’s too early to tell. But stay tuned. We’re on it.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #22
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

http://www.eureka-java-gold.com/tuto...0_article.html

J.D. Power Survey Shows Ford Passing Toyota in Quality
Ford has passed Toyota as the leader of the pack in the initial quality rankings conducted by J.
By Kraig Johanssen
Category: 0

Submit your Recipes Here!

Ford has passed Toyota as the leader of the pack in the initial quality rankings conducted by J.D. Power and Associates in a survey result that the firm released just recently. Porsche was able to again dominate the overall ranking of brands averaging 91 problems per 100 vehicles and comparing that with the 2007 industry average of 125 problems per 100 vehicles, the German sportscar maker has recorded lesser problems as compared to what it has obtained last year with 124 problems per 100 vehicles.

Ford Motor Corporation the major stockholder of the Mazda PCV valve maker, Mazda with a total of 33.4 percent stakes has earned segment awards for the Ford Mustang, Lincoln Mark LT, Lincoln MKZ, Mercury Milan, and Mazda MX-5 Miata.

On the other hand, Toyota Motor Corporation that previously grabbed the top spot in 11 categories was able to snap only four top spot this year with its 4Runner, Sequoia, Tacoma, and Lexus RX350/RX400h.

Ford’s Lincoln brand ranked third place in overall nameplate rankings with an average of 100 problems per 100 vehicles. It was lagging behind Porsche and Toyota’s Lexus luxury brand with average of 94 problems per 100 vehicles. It can be remembered that last year, 2006 Lincoln was in the 12th position and its remarkable jumped to third place this year simply shows the improvement in quality that the brand has achieved.

Unfortunately for Toyota its list of quality leaders has declined in their qualities based on the study released last Monday by Strategic Vision, a San Diego-based market research company and consultant to automakers.

Aside from Ford, Hyundai Motor a South Korean automaker, which didn’t have any winning entries last year, has surprised the rest of its competitors when it led in five categories this year outperforming its European, Japanese, and US rivals.

Joe Ivers, J.D. Power’s Executive Director of Quality and Customer Satisfaction has said that there’s no clear answer for the sudden decline in quality of Toyota’s cars that includes the Corolla, Prius, and Lexus models.

It is also worth noting according to Ivers that Toyota executives have been speaking publicly about their concerns on how to manage the high quality of Toyota vehicles during rapid growth.

The result from the J.D. Power survey shows that Hyundai dropped from third place to 12th. Oddes explained that the re-launched of vehicles such as the Santa Fe did not turned out the way the automaker has expected fortunately Elantra performed well init segment.

The J.D. Power survey result also shows Lincoln followed by Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, and Toyota. Land Rover together with Saab and Mercedes-Benz has the most improved nameplates basing on the survey.

J.D. Power survey was based on data collected from more than 97,000 buyers and leases of new 2007 vehicles after 90 days of ownership.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #23
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFella
And I thought Ford made crap ads!
I love that add, it makes me chuckle everytime i see it.. well saw it...
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toyota Quality

Lexus IS-F

Tundra's paper tailgates

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...res-i-am-club/

FJ cruiser chassis cracks
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...body-rips.html

2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
XRLightening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklier
Wow, $40k for a RAV4 CV6!
That's Forester XT money!
Thats only $5k shy of XR8 value. I know what I'd have

We just know him as THE MANTIS

-------------

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria
Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
1968 XT Falcon Ute - Dead Stock, Original and ALWAYS Garaged
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #26
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
I love that add, it makes me chuckle everytime i see it.. well saw it...
I love that add too. Still on as of lunchtime today anyway.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #27
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Toyota Quality

Lexus IS-F

Tundra's paper tailgates

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...res-i-am-club/

FJ cruiser chassis cracks
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...body-rips.html

And ford have never had a problem?
Old 31-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #28
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

i do belive its better to do a stop launch ie what ford did with the typhoons when first launched, get it right before releasing to the public and having an outcry because of quality controll, the exhaust outlets on the ISF i dont see the issue with?? the TRD aurion are the same.. we dont get the Tundra and have NFI what happend with that tailgate but would suggest that there must have been some outward pressure to do that in the first place welds just dont tear apart for no reason.. chassis cracks? once again we dont get the FJ so i cant comment but nissan patrol's have been doing this for years and never rectified that issue either, have a look at recalls and quality reports over the past 5 years, toyota and lexus lead the way.

if ford/holden had the same service and quality controll as the jap makers they would have a much better built product rolling off production lines, holden really need to wise up as the calais V i drove the other day, got under it and the glove box fell on my mates knees...

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #29
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
holden really need to wise up as the calais V i drove the other day, got under it and the glove box fell on my mates knees...
:

Reminds me at the Brisbane Motorshow, I went and sat in the SSV in the back seats, shut the door and the glove box came down, it was funny as.
Old 31-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #30
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
forester XT dosent have 201KW does it :P havent had any memo's about this as yet odd as im about to deliver one tommorow.. the klugers are quick these are mental for a Rav4 .
MAte I'd give you my XT Forester for free if you think it a V6 powered Rav4 or Kluger could go 0-100 in 6.0sec or 400m in 14.0
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post