Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

Got this from bookface and for all the shouting etc for a drag strip it is coming to this.....yep that's,entry numbers stay the same and we will have no drag meetings......I wouldn't be running it at a substantial loss either

Hi Guys and Girls
A lot of you would have already received this email today and for those who haven't I am posting this,
Don’t take it the wrong way or get scared, but I feel you all need to know.

If you would like to participate, in the Nitro Funny Car event, please fill in an entry form off the website or contact me via email racingonnpromo@yahoo.com.au to get a form and please return to me asap. We have only 11 days before the event. Entrant numbers are low and if this does not rise before the event can not proceed. So if you intend to enter, please do so asap.

Racing Onn needs your help, the entries from the 24th November Top Doorslammer meeting were very low and I would like to make this event as big as what we started with back in November 2011.I also need a large crowd for this event to make it a success.

I have lost money over the last couple of events, and I have reached a point where I may not be able to continue should this event not be a success or break even. It does not help that I have had to repair the track not once but twice since the vandalism in October which has hurt my own pocket and replace thousands of dollars of wiring when they were stolen during the year.

I am a very honest person and believe that you the racers need to know that without your continued support, Racing Onn could be in trouble.
Next year's calendar is almost sorted with a 4,6 and rotary nationals, ANDRA Top Alcohol, Top Bike and Pro Stock bike round, APSA round, ANDRA Top Doorslammer and Pro Stock round, and a Slamfest booked. Street meetings will be in between these events and less frequent as this years as there is not a huge demand. We have a confirmed with Rodney Jane a long future here in SA and he is very keen for Racing Onn to stay on board running the drag racing at Adelaide International Raceway.

I want to keep Racing Onn alive and to do this, I feel this is my best option have opened the Nitro Funny Car event to Street Bikes and Vehicles to make the entrant numbers larger and cancelled the street meeting on Sunday the 9th December.

I have also put no limit on the number of entries per bracket. For example Super Street and Sedan will not be limited to a 32 car field.
With limited infrastructure at the venue, I am consistently bringing in equipment to run these event, which all costs money.
I understand that with most of you make comments that they entry fees are too high, but there is not much I can do on this one. My expenses are high and until I can reduce those expenses, the fee will not change. I trust you all understand.

We have waited so long for the return of drag racing and it will be such a shame to admit defeat and we finally have it back but if the Nitro Funny car event is not a success I may have to re evaluate my situation and which will be a massive blow to the racers of Adelaide and those who travel from interstate to attend my meetings.

The racers of Adelaide are very grateful and appreciative of Racing onn and I hope that you keep building your cars to make drag racing stronger than ever before as I am very grateful and appreciative of you.

All in all, we need you to be there, as a driver or spectator. I know that this could be a worrying statement but it is the truth. You need to be there or it may not be there. All the hard work that we have all done could come to an end, my worst nightmare. I dont want to scare you but my personal finances can only go so far. My passion for this sport is above and beyond and I will do anything I can to keep it going alive and strong without putting myself into financial ruin.

Obtaining corporate sponsorship or sponsorship in general is not an easy thing to get, so if you can help out in anyway, I will be more than happy to hear from you

Thanks again for your support and look forward to receiving your entries.

So.......who's going to pull their finger out and enter or at least rock up with a group of mates and show SA/Rino the support it deserves.I'll be there racing again

T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: