Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
JoesAu

Default Au 6 turbo sold for $4000 on thursday nite.

Forgot to put it up, a guy at work went to the car auctions in geelong last thursday and A Auto Au 6 Turbo sold for 3999 buks. It was Burgundy/redish colour, Xr6 bodykit, apparenlty the turbo kit looked professional and not a backyard job, it had a 160000k on the clock. Unfortunetly i was told this on friday so missed out on it. If it was in good condition it would of been a bargain and ahalf oh well, im goin this week to auctions c whats there.

JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds a bit like Steve's... He didnt have a bodykit though?
Old 20-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
JoesAu

well the guy at work said it was burgundy/red falcon that looked like an xr6. oh well. He also told me a BA fairmont 5.4L sold for 8000 with 200000 on the clock. I'll be goin down there this week to c what all the hype is about.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
jones_aus

i figure with auctions, alot of them are repo cars. ie person couldn't afford to pay them off and therefore probably not serviced taken care of.

still a bargain though
jones_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Even though soem of them mght need a bit of work .... still sounds like a bargain though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think with repos the finance companys just want the money owing to them, too bad if the owner loses 50k.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

i gots to get me to one of these auctions !!!!
Old 21-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
XRQTR
TBA Customs

When and where are Geelong auctions held??
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post