Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-06-2021, 04:58 PM   #3121
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Cheers, I never seek (or expect) recognition, so it’s an odd feeling.

Now sweating a bit on whether I’m jumping at shadows with an ill mate, trying to work out if he was dropping clues that today is his last - or if I’m adding two and two to get six.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2021, 09:19 PM   #3122
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Cheers, I never seek (or expect) recognition, so it’s an odd feeling.

Now sweating a bit on whether I’m jumping at shadows with an ill mate, trying to work out if he was dropping clues that today is his last - or if I’m adding two and two to get six.
My experience is it's best to ask. The worst that can happen is you'll be embarrassed because you liked like a twat asking him, if he wasn't hinting at anything. Even if he wasn't hinting at anything, at least he'll know you care enough to ask the question.

On the other hand, if he was hinting at something, and you don't ask, imagine how you'd feel.

Asking when you're not sure is definitely the way to go.

Whichever way you go, I hope it all works out ok.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #3123
slowsnake
Banned

Turning on the heater at 4:30am,...lol, geez it was nippy!

Cheers Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2021, 09:38 AM   #3124
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I know the meaning, and technically its politically incorrect. It should be wop, for person...
But i used the term not in a racist way, but as an easy way to state i dunno what the proper authentic style of pizza actually is. Ive only ever travelled to china. Went from north to south. This was 20 years ago, but the food in china is vastly different to what you get at a chinese restaurant in Australia. And things vary from region to region.
I know!
Old 07-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #3125
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Watching the sparkies next door having more than six goes to drive a stake for earth bonding. Such rough footings they keep hitting substantial concrete. It’s surprising nobody sells an “impact ready” stake with tungsten carbide tip and matching SDS driver sleeve. Lucky it’s not a US earth bond - I read some of their stakes are 2400 long.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #3126
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Winning the footy tipping 2 weeks in a row $$$

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #3127
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sent an email last week asking why my insurance claim was still open a year later. They replied they haven't settled with the other party and will refund me the excess I paid and close the claim.

Obviously I was a confused as **** why they would close a claim that hasn't been settled so I rang them up this morning.

They said the other party has already closed their claim with their insurance company, haven't issued a demand, and haven't got back to my insurance company.

So I'm getting refunded $1500 excess
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2021, 10:29 PM   #3128
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mrs went out for most of the day (that's the first bit)
It's council greens pick up shortly, so while she was gone, I broke out the chainsaw (That's the 2nd bit).
Did'nt have to listen to "That's enough, look at it, you've ruined it, you've taken too much off" etc.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #3129
slowsnake
Banned

I had a lay in bed, up at 7am, then that first cup of coffee, the cat rubbing my leg for his tucker, then rolling that first ciggy, and looking at it for 5 mins!.lol.

How easy is that eh!

Cheers Billy.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #3130
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
The Mrs went out for most of the day (that's the first bit)
It's council greens pick up shortly, so while she was gone, I broke out the chainsaw (That's the 2nd bit).
Did'nt have to listen to "That's enough, look at it, you've ruined it, you've taken too much off" etc.
christ I have one of those
Reading your post jaydee made me feel good
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #3131
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I used to have one of those, some years back. Would get chewed out for filling the green bin “I can compost that” or thinning the nasturtiums which concealed where rats then chewed their way into the cladding boards. Even weeding out oxalis was not allowed because “I can make dye with it”.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #3132
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I used to have one of those, some years back. Would get chewed out for filling the green bin “I can compost that” or thinning the nasturtiums which concealed where rats then chewed their way into the cladding boards. Even weeding out oxalis was not allowed because “I can make dye with it”.
Yeah and all that crap lays around until it is too rotten to lift into the green bin without wearing most of it
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #3133
.:4:.
Kicking back

Compared to dealing with telstra years ago about mobile plans, and dont get me wrong, telstra works under water or pretty much everywhere. Dealing with optus is so much easier. I buy my phones outright, mainly because i tend to break them before a contract is done, so outright phone and month to month plan. Yeah that works better for me. Change the plan if need be, change the phone guilt free when i break it. So im on a pretty good plan. Heaps of data and the standard issue free calls etc. So, they sent me an email of their new month to month plans. They were more expensive with less data then what i pay at the moment. However i read the t's & c's and the new plans, as opposed to charging exorbitant amounts if you smash your data, they just cap the speed. Hmmmmm, so i went into the app, couldnt find any info from my plan, so i messaged them through the app and yes, same applies. If the speed is capped and if you pay extra for added data, speed is restored. Same if you spend $5 for an unlimited data day. I did the unlimited data day once as i had a 98gb update for my computer. I dont bother with home interweb, tethering a laptop to a 5g mobile works perfectly fine. Coverage, good but maybe not the greatest, customer service, ill give points for that.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:48 AM   #3134
slowsnake
Banned

My pension!..yippee!

Cheers Billy
Old 09-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #3135
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Skin is starting to heal a bit from the Efudix cream... might have a few bourbons tonight while watching State of Origin.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #3136
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when your team looses (again) that will inflame the infection.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #3137
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Not buying my Falcon back for less than i sold it for.

Tried very hard to shut my mouth and not share it anywhere for 3 days... in case i did decide to buy it again.

My wife is away and i have the cash here in my house, but i just love my Merc to much to go back down that rd regardless of how much i have learned since getting rid of it.

I am at peace with my decision... it looks like i have finally moved on

It's on Gumtree for anyone interested and the person storing it hasn't got a clue about it or what i did to it over the 7yr's i modified it to fill the gap of my original XR6 LOL

If anyone here buys it, i will be happy to share what i did and explain what needs fixing moving forward... Daz
2 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #3138
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore, before you decide to be happy...
Old 12-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #3139
Scruba
15+ Years!

Picked up 3 spare/replacement bumpers for my AU Fairmont.

Now question, does the series 1 Fairmont rear bar fit the series 2 Fairmont?

Work in progress

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7roViz57bb2Stkzx6
Scruba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #3140
mondeomatureguy

Hi guys,
well after being out of work when covid hit and after being a professional driver for 30 years you would think i would be able to get another drivers job? but that wasn't the case.

So i took a cleaners job at a High School which isnt that bad. Any way as i start at 2pm i was walking thru the School yard and its lunch time and in front of my foot is some money $20.00.

There was five girls standing near by and i asked these girls if they lost money?. yes the whole 5 of them said "yes they have lost some money'.

I asked them to check there wallets and tell me how much they have lost. the first 4 girls gave me the wrong answers but the fifth girl told me she lost $20.00 dollars.

I handed her the $20.00 back and she said thank you.
I could have walked off with that money but i didnt and i made some body's day a little happier at the same time.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #3141
Kicking back

Yesterday i surprised my son. So, his mum had the rule he isnt allowed a mobile phone untill next year.
I broke that rule, but only because i was given a stupid cheap offer on a new phone and a good deal on a second month to month plan. So i led my kid on a bit, telling him i got a new phone and a second plan. He was a bit sus as to why i got a second phone and plan yet was sticking with my old phone (its not old) and plan. What had previously been discussed was he would probably end up with a clapped out hand me down phone and probably on pre paid. So he was extatic when i gave him the brand new phone. I did lay down the ground rules, and he knows i can monitor his usage, pause his plan, change it, cancel it whenever if i see fit. The only 3 reasons the box was opened was because it takes time to activate a sim card, put some charge into the battery and fit a screen protector and back case. So the setup was just add his google account and it was good to go.
The main reasons i went with the plan i did was its a month to month so not contracted, it was discounted, unlimited calls and texts, and if he runs over his data, it wont charge $x for overusage it just slows the speed down. So he cannot run up a bill past the plan cost. Because the deals were take it now, i did. I could have waited to gift the thing, and even though its not the top teir phone, in 6 months time it wont be the current model. But my kid was 100% in the dark on this, and it was way better then he was expecting. To say he was happy is an absolute understatement.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #3142
slowsnake
Banned

Nothing!.....so I went back to bed!....

Cheers Billy.
Old 14-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #3143
slowsnake
Banned

Realising what a legend i am, it really does feel good too!...lol.
Oh, I'm only joking!
It was really the 20mg Oxycontin, and my Pristiq tablet!

Cheers Billy.....
Old 14-06-2021, 08:27 AM   #3144
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in a little Tasmanian country town . In that town (St Marys) we have a few crazy car nuts . Fourteen years ago one of those car nuts thought we might try to organise a bit of a car meet on Faulkners Green right opposite the iconic StMarys Pub . About 15 cars turned up . In 2019 that had stretched out to well over 300 cars coming from around the state and even a few from interstate for the June Long weekend show . This despite the doomsdayers saying a car show in winter would never work .
Last year saw no show due to a certain little pandemic but the intrepid committee were still going strong . The battle this year was some dreadful rain and wind event predictions but despite that yesterday saw a really good turnout and Shannons sponsors and other major sponsors were over the moon with the day .

Some beaut cars from all over still made it here in good numbers , around 140 or so and the little town buzzed with happy visitors . It was great to see and certainly made me feel good . A well known car You Tuber was out and about once again so it'll be good to see who he snaffled for his interviews for this years video when it appears . Here's what he did in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKhhxnMSV_A
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2021, 01:37 PM   #3145
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Happy 30th birthday motorhome.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #3146
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yesterday i surprised my son. So, his mum had the rule he isnt allowed a mobile phone untill next year.
I broke that rule, but only because i was given a stupid cheap offer on a new phone and a good deal on a second month to month plan. So i led my kid on a bit, telling him i got a new phone and a second plan. He was a bit sus as to why i got a second phone and plan yet was sticking with my old phone (its not old) and plan. What had previously been discussed was he would probably end up with a clapped out hand me down phone and probably on pre paid. So he was extatic when i gave him the brand new phone. I did lay down the ground rules, and he knows i can monitor his usage, pause his plan, change it, cancel it whenever if i see fit. The only 3 reasons the box was opened was because it takes time to activate a sim card, put some charge into the battery and fit a screen protector and back case. So the setup was just add his google account and it was good to go.
The main reasons i went with the plan i did was its a month to month so not contracted, it was discounted, unlimited calls and texts, and if he runs over his data, it wont charge $x for overusage it just slows the speed down. So he cannot run up a bill past the plan cost. Because the deals were take it now, i did. I could have waited to gift the thing, and even though its not the top teir phone, in 6 months time it wont be the current model. But my kid was 100% in the dark on this, and it was way better then he was expecting. To say he was happy is an absolute understatement.
Seems to be some good cheaper plans around now.My current plan gives me something like 150 gb and unlimited calls etc for $150/year
Old 14-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #3147
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Seems to be some good cheaper plans around now.My current plan gives me something like 150 gb and unlimited calls etc for $150/year
Thats the main reason i like month to month plans. You're not stuck with them for 12/24 months if circumstances/needs change. You can move up or down whenever, or do what i did for myself and go with a better deal if one comes up. Sort of the same reason i buy phones outright. I dont need the latest phone every 12 months. I buy one and run it into the ground every 5 or so years. So it works out better for me.
Old 14-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #3148
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thats the main reason i like month to month plans. You're not stuck with them for 12/24 months if circumstances/needs change. You can move up or down whenever, or do what i did for myself and go with a better deal if one comes up. Sort of the same reason i buy phones outright. I dont need the latest phone every 12 months. I buy one and run it into the ground every 5 or so years. So it works out better for me.
Yeah I suppose month to month is OKPersonally I have better things to do with my time than trying to find a plan that saves me a dollar,then trying to remember to renew or change plans again next month.
Old 14-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #3149
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yeah I suppose month to month is OKPersonally I have better things to do with my time than trying to find a plan that saves me a dollar,then trying to remember to renew or change plans again next month.
Its not change every month. It stays the same if you dont change it. If you pay the bill it all remains the same for aslong as you keep paying every month. All it means is you arent stuck for a contracted period if you choose for whatever reason you feel the need to change something. I happily was on the same plan for 3 years but then decided to see what theyd do for me. And that was what, when they threw offers at me, ended up with my kid getting his 1st phone.
Old 14-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #3150
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just heard close to $50m has been raised for freeze MND. Incredible. Neale Daniher, you could have forgiven him for giving up hope from the outset but what a dead set legend and inspiration. An ex work colleague of mine also suffers from MND, was given 2 years, but it has been 7 years now and still going.

T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: