Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default Is the site experiencing issues?

Hi Russ / Mods

I am having a lot of drmas lately with the refresh rate, and in particular when I post in threads - it often drops out, or freezes up.

then when I log out, then back in, the post is there.

Right now, I just posted in my own thread, and it froze, now that I have opened it back up, it says that there is a 4th page, 91 posts, but it won't let me open the 4th page....?

Oh, threads in the performance builds section Evolution of Scud GT.

I have been having this problem for several days - is it just me?

cheers

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

It does seem a bit shakey tonight.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It is indeed - there are a couple of threads on the topic at the moment.

We haven't pinpointed the cause as yet although we do know which service is actually slowing down and for a change it isn't the fault of the Indians (Apache) but rather a database issue.

We are (slowly) changing things one at a time to see what is causing it - I have just removed a number of tasks from the hourly cron job as it seems to be something that occurs over about that interval but until we find the cause it is a matter of trial and error.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Now in the newposts page, it says there's only 89 posts in that thread! 5 mins ago it said there was 91.

But you open the thread up and there's 90 you can see - last one by Prasac, but there's a 4th page in the page bar - which I can't open up.

very weird....

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Im experienceing the same thing, last few posts either froze or took ages to post.

Edit: this one took half a second

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
tex
Broken

^^^^^^^^^^ and when I posted that - it took 45 seconds to load and appear^^^^

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!

Timing out for me...
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
tex
Broken

Thanks Russ, we all appreciate your efforts mate, sorry - I should have searched before starting a new one on this issue

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It is about to drop out again (for a minute or so) as I am going to restart the mySQL service to make a configuration change.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

I get similar issues with my posts not posting in the tab it just hangs at 0%, after a little while Opera occasionally tells me theres an error with the database, yet if I just close the tab and reclick the thread from the index page, my post is there. If that helps anyone.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #11
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I'm getting database errors every time I try to search something.
Site hangs for awhile, then crashes and I get the error page.

Yet as soon as I go 'home' it works fine, and I am having no trouble opening threads.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #12
seduced_xr
BF XR6

the entire site hangs at 2am WA time for me every morning :P which sucks if ur a night worker
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Between 2-4.30 a.m is when all the scheduled tasks run - like indexing, backup and the other database housekeeping routines so time outs during that period are normal.

We are aware that the search engine is causing some slow downs in operation but to fix that I need to do a full re-index which is a several hour task during which the forum is practically unusable so it is a matter of finding a suitable time.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Getting the odd issue of the forums hanging when changing from section to section, sometimes just between threads, seems to happen any time of the day. Other websites seem fine so its not a connection issue.
Blue Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #15
sxckevo
Ford motor company

sadly im having lots of issues as well, takes a couple of minutes to post and go to another thread :(

sorry for wingeing

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post