XR6 Sprint 5.01
SSV Redline 5.19
Mustang GT 5.20

Quarter Mile

XR8 Sprint 13.22
XR6 Sprint 13.12
SSV Redline 13.34
Mustang GT 13.38

Last edited by fgpsi; 08-06-2016 at 04:42 PM.
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: Motor Mag July: XR8 Sprint vs XR6 Sprint vs SSV Redline vs Mustang GT

All four cars are either punching below their weight or the pilot is a bit lacking.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Motor Mag July: XR8 Sprint vs XR6 Sprint vs SSV Redline vs Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
All four cars are either punching below their weight or the pilot is a bit lacking.
yes, because cars should be able to perform at peak performance at all times in all conditions shouldn't they??

for the purposes of a comparison, the numbers are accurate, although if you disect the details of the full times (not shown) it does appear the Sprint8 had a slow shift 1st-2nd...
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
yes, because cars should be able to perform at peak performance at all times in all conditions shouldn't they??
I'll grant you that, but even taking wavering conditions into account, it seems as though all four cars had a poor showing.

Is the magazine on the stands yet? It might be the first time I buy a copy of Motor in at least a decade

Old 08-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
I'll grant you that, but even taking wavering conditions into account, it seems as though all four cars had a poor showing.

Is the magazine on the stands yet? It might be the first time I buy a copy of Motor in at least a decade
Not really. The VF ran what it would run on a Friday night at Calder Park with a decent driver. The Ford's runs were botched.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG50T View Post
Not really. The VF ran what it would run on a Friday night at Calder Park with a decent driver. The Ford's runs were botched.
And how were they "botched"?

Old 08-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why cant they get a 12 out of the sprints ? Didn't they get 12.8 in the regular fgx xr8?

joke
Old 09-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
adz137

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
Why cant they get a 12 out of the sprints ? Didn't they get 12.8 in the regular fgx xr8?

joke
Yep, Motor got a 12 out of the regular AUTO XR8 twice, once by taking off in second gear. Pretty sure both times they also recorded a 4.8 sec 0 to 100 time.
adz137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
F6RCD

The SSV Redline went well against the sprints. Aren't they 300+rwkw compared to the LS3's ~230rwkw?
F6RCD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
mick74GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6RCD View Post
The SSV Redline went well against the sprints. Aren't they 300+rwkw compared to the LS3's ~230rwkw?
An Ls3 is more like 250rwkw -260rwkw standard, well mine was in that range can't remember the exact number.
E3 Maloo Black Edition
VW Golf GTD - Wifes Weapon
mick74GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #11
Patty

Don't get me wrong, I love the Sprints. But I just wish they had done a bit more visually to make them look that bit more aggressive.

I wonder if anyone has put a GTF and an XR8 Sprint together in a race...
Old 08-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #12
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's this video of the 6, 8 and HSV GTS out now too.
Not terribly fast times here either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVEjA_HfKJU
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #13
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

The journos that drag the cars have at least some experience.

If they cant get the cars off the line the average punter has no chance.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #14
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those times are crap,My motorcycle does 0-100 in just under 3 seconds and costs way less but I still get hopefuls in cars trying to take it on and I just shake my head and laugh in my helmet.

Last edited by kazawaki; 06-07-2016 at 04:09 PM.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #15
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Those times are crap,My motorcycle does 0-100 in just under 3 seconds and costs way less but I still get hopefuls in cars trying to take it on and I just shake my head and laugh in my helmet.
i would beat u on my moped
Old 09-06-2016, 05:44 AM   #16
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Most drivers wouldn’t give a rats how fast a motorbike is in comparison to a heavy sedan.

To them you may win the race but you’d rarely win the war.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #17
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Really? Have you actually done it and timed it? Or is that just what a journo got?

I'd give you a go at the lights any time - just to give you a shock! I have cracked heaps of bikes off the lights and they end up zinging past (at way over posted speed limit) to try to prove a point - one guy tried 2 sets of lights in a row but got done both times (to 80) and ended up giving me a thumbs up as he roared off into the distance.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #18
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Really? Have you actually done it and timed it? Or is that just what a journo got?

I'd give you a go at the lights any time - just to give you a shock! I have cracked heaps of bikes off the lights and they end up zinging past (at way over posted speed limit) to try to prove a point - one guy tried 2 sets of lights in a row but got done both times (to 80) and ended up giving me a thumbs up as he roared off into the distance.
Mate do some googling Kawasaki Ninja H2 1000 cc supercharged.They are the fastest motorcycle available.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #19
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mate do some googling Kawasaki Ninja H2 1000 cc supercharged.They are the fastest motorcycle available.
you have a H2?
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Yes, I know they are. But have YOU actually done that? ie, have you been able to hang on while accelerating that fast? This thread is about ACTUAL, not claimed performance.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #21
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post

Pffft. A journo from a car mag has about as much credibility to me as a **** talking journo on the 6 o'clock news.
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #22
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Pffft. A journo from a car mag has about as much credibility to me as a **** talking journo on the 6 o'clock news.
Given I've seen so many of their videos where the journo is wearing a Holden/HSV tshirt while doing the tests, makes you wonder.

Not to mention the number of cliches they dribble out, you could almost predict exactly what any article is going to say before it's written, and without ever seeing the car in person. I sometimes wonder if they have.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #23
mick74GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
Given I've seen so many of their videos where the journo is wearing a Holden/HSV tshirt while doing the tests, makes you wonder.

Not to mention the number of cliches they dribble out, you could almost predict exactly what any article is going to say before it's written, and without ever seeing the car in person. I sometimes wonder if they have.
I agree that the times they have managed to produce here certainly are not the best but the conspiracy theory talk time and again I think is a bit far fetched..

We've seen countless comparisons like this from various testers, journos, and publications and the results always seem similar. Maybe the articles all read similar for a reason? I can't see how they could have made this latest test any more controlled?

I just can't believe that there would actually be such a conspiracy out there to discredit a brand or vehicle especially knowing this is the last hurrah anyway. There wouldn't be a point
E3 Maloo Black Edition
VW Golf GTD - Wifes Weapon
mick74GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #24
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i dont think experience always comes into it , skill is what comes into it , i have seen uncoordinated blokes driving trucks for 30 odd years that still cant change gears properly to this day .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #25
toohey myster
Starter Motor

Got to love the cover fast fords tackle stonking redline ls3 surely they jest. Interesting to see the times from the mustang, motor have run the mustang vs the redline on a couple of occasions and the redline ran a long last now its faster.
toohey myster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #26
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
i dont think experience always comes into it , skill is what comes into it , i have seen uncoordinated blokes driving trucks for 30 odd years that still cant change gears properly to this day .
Skill comes from experience. Usually the more you do something the better you become at it. It takes along time to learn to be able to drive or ride fast well. Most people think they can, but it's the first split second decision that seperates the two

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2016, 03:11 AM   #27
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Skill comes from experience. Usually the more you do something the better you become at it. It takes along time to learn to be able to drive or ride fast well. Most people think they can, but it's the first split second decision that seperates the two
true up to a point, but not always , if you look at figures supplied over the years on various well known cars by some of these highly skilled car journo`s , often they seem all over the place .
Old 12-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #28
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I know a few of the car journos, as I am a bike journo. And I can tell you any of those guys with the experience they have are probably in the top 1 percentile of driver skill, and of course when it comes to experience, well it is even more exclusive.

If any of you blokes think these guys are hopeless then get your hand off it.

I have done a few FPV drive days (the occasion when I myself bought my 3 new FPVs) when new FPV owners hit the track for the first time, and to be honest the skill level is borderline frightening. I am generally agog at how crap most of the buyers of our cars are at driving.

So sorry, when I see, the abuse car journos get from people that have NFI, I say question yourself first. I reckon the worst car journo in existence would run rings around 99 per cent of the people on this forum, in any test, on any track, in any conditions. Well from what I have seen from FPV drive days that's my two cents.
Old 13-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #29
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
I know a few of the car journos, as I am a bike journo. And I can tell you any of those guys with the experience they have are probably in the top 1 percentile of driver skill, and of course when it comes to experience, well it is even more exclusive.

I have done a few FPV drive days (the occasion when I myself bought my 3 new FPVs) when new FPV owners hit the track for the first time, and to be honest the skill level is borderline frightening. I am generally agog at how crap most of the buyers of our cars are at driving.

So sorry, when I see, the abuse car journos get from people that have NFI, I say question yourself first. I reckon the worst car journo in existence would run rings around 99 per cent of the people on this forum, in any test, on any track, in any conditions. Well from what I have seen from FPV drive days that's my two cents.
I would say you are correct as I have seen them people on such drive days and was totally shocked at how lacking there skill was. (just totally hopeless)

I my self and a few mates I know do bag the hell out of some of the crap we have read or seen on TV and we have a big laugh about such trash or get very angered over such crap.

Sure a test maybe aimed at attracting a type of audience who have bugger all interest truly in cars at all.

I my self like to know everything completely and sure most people are not that interested in looking into such as I am, I may be some what like Lt Columbo was once accused of in the story of candidate for crime, I'd even look for faults in the old Testament.
But that's how it goes when your into such investergation of things, it's every detail must be accounted for and sure that does bug some people.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2016, 03:26 AM   #30
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post

No doubt there will be some very good and some not so good regardless of experience , when you look at the performance figures of these cars over the years , at times you have to wonder what the hell is going on ,
why is it a stocker non turbo 200 kw xr6 can get down the quarter in high to mid 14`s and a super charged v8 they have trouble getting into low 13`s in a car that has a huge advantage in torque and power and when its all said and done is only a little bit heavier when power to weight is taken into consideration.
plenty of owners seem to manage to get stockers down the strip in better times , and this isnt just a one off , its been more the trend it seems .
3 users like this post: