Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
canuk7

Default headers(ceramic coated)

Hi members,

I did a search on this subject and could'nt find what i wanted. Anyway, I just got a 2.5 redback exhaust fitted and am pleased with it. I thought I would be satisfied just doing this, but the mod bug is still biting hard lol and intend getting paccies4499 headers soon. My question is, is it worthwile getting them heat coated ( ceramic or whatever). I realise the heat coating helps in the engine bay but adds close to $300 to the headers ( quoted $730 installed ). Is it really necessary to have them coated and have members with uncoated headers had any problems in the engine bay with the heat?. I have a au1 forte and would appreciate any comments on this subject. Thanks all.

canuk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Ive got ceramic coated headers, its quite cooler when you lift the bonnet. Still warmish/hot though. It does make a diff but...
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Is it really necessary to have them coated and have members with uncoated headers had any problems in the engine bay with the heat?
Mine aren't coated and I've had no drama's with anything melting or getting too hot.

My decision not to coat them came down to finances too.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would be interested to see the answers on this one ...
Old 22-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

I got mine coated on my XD just because they were running too close to the starter motor & were over heating it, I don't think I'd bother otherwise unless I was going all out.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 01:23 AM   #6
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I took off my 4 into 1 difilippos and had them replaced with ceramic coated ones- much much cooler engine bay temperatures are kinder to firewall lining and steering rack boots and the car runs better with the coating as all the heat is contained in the pipe keeping the sensors at the right operating temperature.

It's well worth the money- I am an avid supporter of ceramic coating, heat is never a good thing.......
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
canuk7

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I've been leaning towards getting them coated so I think I will bear the cost and have them done!!!
canuk7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Money well spent. You won't regret it. Definitely cooler engine bay plus looks a treat as well.
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Definitely a sound investment!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post