Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #61
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den.
Try living right next to them!!! Just waiting for them to invade one day! One reason I'd like to move to Australia is I get the impression you guys wouldn't just let them in whilst I highly suspect most Canadians will not only welcome them but half of us will be taking down the speed limit signs in preparation to change from Kilometres to Miles per Hour!
Hahah,I have quite a few American relatives,I was holidaying in Greece in 92' (the country of my fathers birth) and met up with a cousin from baltimore,anyway we had a few beers and were having the usual type getting to know each other chat,we started talkin about Sydney,and he asked how far was Bankstown hospital from Sydney (he was born there,before moving to the US at 2yrs of age) so I told him its 20km from the city centre,He looks up at me with an irritated look and says "whats with all this kilometres shiit,its the same here (in europe) cant you guys just use miles,get with the times,kilometres suck" .
I was just dumbfounded,during that holiday I met a few of his American buddys,they were the most bigoted and isnular A*holes you'd ever meet,they are in a foreign country,getting a taste of a different culture,but instead of enjoying it all they would do is whine and carry on how stupid everything was and how much better they are..
I could go on and on about stories like this but wont bore you guys any further.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #62
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Sounds like your the one whos brainwashed, 3000 a day? Year right. And how exactly is America killing them. If you actually looked at the conflict, most deaths are related to sectarian violence. People with hundreds of years of hatred built up are now allowed to unleash it on each other due to the lack of law and order.
Funny how this sectarian violence was quite absent before the so called "liberation"
Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #63
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
I was just dumbfounded,during that holiday I met a few of his American buddys,they were the most bigoted and isnular A*holes you'd ever meet,they are in a foreign country,getting a taste of a different culture,but instead of enjoying it all they would do is whine and carry on how stupid everything was and how much better they are..
I could go on and on about stories like this but wont bore you guys any further.
The English do that too in Eastern Europe and Spain on holidays, the locals are fed up and have been moving out in droves. Places like Ibiza, Majorka and Slovakia.
And I hate to say it, Australians can be like that too when they all get together.

So you are just showing your ignorance saying that that behaviour is only exclusive to Americans.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #64
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Funny how this sectarian violence was quite absent before the so called "liberation"
Because the people were so heavily oppressed. Just about every Iraqi immigrant who came to Australia in the last 20 years can claim they lost atleast one, some as high as 50 family members due to Saddam's regime.
Look at the interviews of the Australian Iraqis after Saddams hanging, everyone had an aweful story to tell.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #65
nugget378
Weezland

Quote:
The English do that too in Eastern Europe and Spain on holidays, the locals are fed up and have been moving out in droves. Places like Ibiza, Majorka and Slovakia.
And I hate to say it, Australians can be like that too when they all get together.

So you are just showing your ignorance saying that that behaviour is only exclusive to Americans.
My opinion is not based solely on this one experience,as I have said I have relatives in the US,and quite a few (we are a large family) from Seattle,baltimore,LA,Brooklyn NY and Philadelphia,I have had alot of experiences like this from many different times and places,Im sorry but the word insular fits.
There may be alot of cultures that carry on like this.so what,dosent change a thing,its how I have found them to be whether you like it or not..
Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #66
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i don't think as easy though, no one has tried yet either ;)
A Current Affair did s a few years back. I remember it vividly, for the same reason this American one is so bad.

A report walks up to a bunch of teenagers and asks:
Q: Can you spell the capitol of Australia.
They spell out loud
A: S... Y... D... N... E... Y...

People (in general) are stupid, scared, impulsive creatures, that are highly dangerous. I for one avoid them if at all possible.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #67
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Basically... dont question anyone on AFF. Ever.
Cmon, your name is Martin, not Martyr isnt it? lol

One cross each, line on the left.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #68
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My opinion is not based solely on this one experience,as I have said I have relatives in the US,and quite a few (we are a large family) from Seattle,baltimore,LA,Brooklyn NY and Philadelphia,I have had alot of experiences like this from many different times and places,Im sorry but the word insular fits.
There may be alot of cultures that carry on like this.so what,dosent change a thing,its how I have found them to be whether you like it or not..
I didnt say Americans cant be like that, but its not something exclusive to them.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #69
Den.
That Canadian guy.

Quote:
It's reported by the same media that gets all teary eyed about the 3000 Americans killed in TOTAL! Seems the Iraqis aren't as important. And that's just CIVILIANS!!

Brainwashed? You don't think that number's possible? Check how many were killed in Africa during Apartheid. 2-3000 people a DAY!! But We North Americans had nothing to gain so it wasn't news here!

Besides, I never said I beleived it, but I don't doubt it.

(A lot of Canadians think the U.S. should "nuke the Middle East" too!! I've witnessed THAT personally!)
Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 AM   #70
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's reported by the same media that gets all teary eyed about the 3000 Americans killed in TOTAL! Seems the Iraqis aren't as important. And that's just CIVILIANS!!

Brainwashed? You don't think that number's possible? Check how many were killed in Africa during Apartheid. 2-3000 people a DAY!! But We North Americans had nothing to gain so it wasn't news here!

Besides, I never said I beleived it, but I don't doubt it.

(A lot of Canadians think the U.S. should "nuke the Middle East" too!! I've witnessed THAT personally!)
Show me evidence of that many dying a day, the largest figure ive seen is 600,000 dead and missing (a lot have gone East to Iran, North through Turkey, or West to other Arab countries) since March 2003. The 3000 a day figure would be 4.5million dead which no one with any credibility has even come close to claiming. Iraq themselves claim about 150,000 dead or missing.

As for not caring about South Africa, thats a load or rubbish. 23 nations passed sanctions on SA including mandatory arms embargoes.
I dont know where you are getting 2000-3000 deaths per day relating to apartheid, thats closer to the figure of deaths in Africa relating to malnutrition.
Deaths related to apartheid is 12,000-14,000 total from 1948-93
Listed under 'Democide' here
http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/h...sters-war.html

Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 AM   #71
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

americans and australians are both ignorant to the war in iraq. ive heard people here say bomb the whole lot. but they forget that its against terrorist and not the civilians. why nuke the woman and children for? i mean these people can not control how their country is run and they don't deserve to walk to the markets and have a suicide bomber blow themselves up.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #72
Den.
That Canadian guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
americans and australians are both ignorant to the war in iraq. ive heard people here say bomb the whole lot. but they forget that its against terrorist and not the civilians. why nuke the woman and children for? i mean these people can not control how their country is run and they don't deserve to walk to the markets and have a suicide bomber blow themselves up.
Most Americans don't consider Iraqis human. To them Iraq is not even a real country. Unfortunately I've met many Canadians who feel the same way.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 AM   #73
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Show me evidence of that many dying a day, the largest figure ive seen is 600,000 dead and missing (a lot have gone East to Iran, North through Turkey, or West to other Arab countries) since March 2003. The 3000 a day figure would be 4.5million dead which no one with any credibility has even come close to claiming. Iraq themselves claim about 150,000 dead or missing.

As for not caring about South Africa, thats a load or rubbish. 23 nations passed sanctions on SA including mandatory arms embargoes.
I dont know where you are getting 2000-3000 deaths per day relating to apartheid, thats closer to the figure of deaths in Africa relating to malnutrition.
Deaths related to apartheid is 12,000-14,000 total from 1948-93
Listed under 'Democide' here
http://www.geocities.com/dtmcbride/h...sters-war.html

bravo ! if only more people had your common sense....

As far as the video goes, sure there are stupid people in the states as there are here and everywhere else in the world for that matter, I know a few Aussie blokes that I worked with that cant name the capital of Australia of all things, does that make all Aussies stupid ? c'mon... Do you honestly think that every person he interviewed were of that level of intelligence ? after all the comedy skit wouldnt have been as funny if he had included the intelligent answers would it ?

heres some food for thought..

Quote:
With about 3 million millionaires in the USA's population of 300 million people, that's one percent of the total U.S. population!

Statistically, almost one out of every 100 Americans is a millionaire!
not bad for a supposed nation of morons.. http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_billionaire_next_door.htm
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #74
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Most Americans don't consider Iraqis human. To them Iraq is not even a real country. Unfortunately I've met many Canadians who feel the same way.
really ? so you have personaly spoken to most americans have you ? what data do you have to back that claim up ?
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 AM   #75
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Especially in Bali.

I still like the vid, Ive met more insular, vapid Americans than Australians, and I live in Aus. Thats got to tell you something. Doesnt mean they dont excel in their chosen field.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #76
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Back Packed for 8 months this year, travelled the world over, some places several times now (over the years)....

The problem i face is that the reverse happens when your in another countries... you will be amazed to find how many people automatically assume white skinned english speakers are Americans!..... (and naturally they are the only country to speak english in their eyes)

But i have met more than enough "American Idiots".... some of the actions i have seen and the comments i have heard leave me shocked / dumbfounded or just plain scratching my head.... and im left thinking to myself... Can they really be THAT stupid???

As a side note, im working in Korea for a month and have been answering questions from people who were arrive at the place im working.... one of the questions was:

"Does Korea have CD players that are able to play regular Canadian CD's"..... this comming from an "educated" person......

Oh well, they say China will over take them.... in 50 YEARS.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #77
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Population control.

Den are you sure you aren't a Yank? ******* well sounds like it.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #78
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Like, I know there's ignorant people in Australia too, but not even knowing what Australia was on the map? Sheesh.
And? Despite what everyone wants to believe, Australia doesn't add up to SFA in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
im sure most aussies would recognise america on a map and would know that its a hoax if it said north korea. dont they learn anything about the outside world?
I'm sure most people in the world would know the USA on a map. It's not like they've been a major power for the last 60 years or anything. What's Australia done? Invented the rotating clothes line and the ute.

What is so wrong about learning mostly American history? I bet 80% of Australians don't know who the first PM was. There's the article in the media every couple of months about people not having a clue about what ANZAC day is for. So a few seppos don't know about the war of 1812. How many aussies don't know about Beersheba, Milne Bay, Kapyong, Long Tan and countless others. All of which were important in Australian military history.

Quote:
i remember awhile back i was on a chat room and this girl thought australia was desert and there are kangaroos on the street. i told her we had the olympic games here and she had no idea i then gave her a link from google and she was shocked to have seen that we have majour cities like sydney and melbourne. i mean how can anyone think that countries are still out there with no majour cities?
Go do a similar survey based on African nations in Swanston Street. You'd get very similar results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
If i were asked on romanian TV to place their country on a map, they'd think i was somewhat retarted as well.
You've got to wonder if everyone on www.skodaforums.ro would start bitching about ignorant Australians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
but they didn't just interveiw the one person and it wasn't of people in the not so well off areas...lol
And how many people did they interview that didn't make the cut because they didn't answer in the 'correct' way?

Good to see US bashing is alive and well. Was worried for a second it'd die off after September 11.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #79
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i can see this thread lasting...
i will not get in on yank bashing, there is no point. just like the way this thread is going.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #80
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I'm a bit confused b/t the palastinienes and the israelis, which ones are throwing the rocks? ROTFLMAO, these people are really dumb!
We were in the Vietnam war weren't we?
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #81
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Which state does KFC come from? uh i dunno, i really don't. This is to much i'm going to die laughing
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:33 AM   #82
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wrhQClsLGA