Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Default Damned Door Locks!

okay, here's the situation... got out of work today, unlocked the car, worked fine as normal... got home after work, went to lock the doors with the keypad and... the bloody horn just beeps at me (like it does when u try to lock the car and a door is left ajar)

Checked all doors... all shut fine. still won't lock. Pressing the keypad won't even make the locks cycle... it just beeps straight away.

Tried locking the doors with the key, they all lock except for the passenger side front door.

What the hell is going on? It's just been one problem after another the car ever since i bought the bloody thing!

argh!

/end rant

any ideas as to what could be causing it? has this happened to anyone else on here? any help would be much appreciated!

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ill say its the actuator.
Old 21-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Part Numbers are
BAF F21813 A Lock asy frt door - $135
BAF14A584 A Loom - $11.18

You need the loom as well, as the AU part is superseeded by the Ba/f part, and the wiring is different.
Old 21-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Ray
FORD POWER!!

ahh crap, more bloody money to spend...

Oh well, hopefully that'll fix the damned thing.

Thanks anyway mate

Thing is, when using the keypad none of the locks cycle at all... not even the ones that still lock with the key? should the other 3 doors still work if only one dosen't lock? or is it a case of one fails, and the rest stop working as well?

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job

Last edited by Ray; 21-03-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 21-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

With my recent experince with it, mine was the opposite. Id unlock it, and the rest would unlock, bar my front right. It would beep at me though, which was annoying, as I go to work at 3:30 in the morning. Then when I'd lock it, it would stay locked, and on the occasion it unlocked with the other doors, it wouldnt lock when I lock the doors. Hope thats not to confusing.
Old 21-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
Ray
FORD POWER!!

nah, that's not confusing at all, actually... strange.
I leave for work at about 3AM as well... so the beeping is definetly going to be annoying until i can get it fixed...

Edit: I just checked then, and now when i lock the car with the key it only locks the drivers door... WTF?

man, it feels like i'm going nuts! at least I don't have to work tomorrow, no way in hell i'm leaving it parked in a supermarket car park at 3:30AM with only one door locked, in a bad area to boot... :

Last edited by Ray; 21-03-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 21-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

There are ways to stop people getting into the car from the outside, if the doors won't lock. Just do a search for door locks, and you will find a recent thread on this.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

same thing happened to me recently, front passenger. I just pulled the driver's one apart, took the worm drive out of it and put it in the passenger one. now i just lock and unlock it with the key until i can be bothered getting a new one
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try this link:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=87633
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
Ray
FORD POWER!!

okay, I checked the fuse for the central locking, and it was blown... replaced it, and it worked fine for about a day, then it blew again. Put in another fuse and it blew straight away.

Left it alone for about a week (using the key to lock and unlock) and then put in another fuse... worked... and continued to work for about a month or so.

Today it blew again, put it another fuse and it blew straight away!

argh, so confused... and ideas on what to look for? I can't for the life of me figure out why the Hell it works sometimes and not others!

Cheers,
Ray

Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

sounds klike a wire shorting somewhere. since the problem started with the passenger door, i suggest checking there first, perhaps the wiring loom has become jammed in the door somehow? or perhaps has rubbed through somewhere in that loom?

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #12
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Sounds like you might be onto something... I'll pull the trims off after work tomorrow when i've got a spare few hours and see what I can see..

Thanks

Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
Umineko
Karasu

I think I must be the only Ford owner alive who has never had a single problem with door actuators (touch wood) have had nothing but LTD's since the smart lock thingy first came out and never had an ounce of trouble with them.
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Yeah, hope I don't get this trouble. I've replaced my drivers door handle with another RHS rear door handle. ie. no key barrel. Hmmmm....
Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #15
XRLNT-8
Monsoon SIII XR8 220

At least the locks dont go aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh! like my old EF!

Cheers,
Sly
XRLNT-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #16
Umineko
Karasu

Yeah that could be fun...Not sort of reminds me of a mate of mine who had an old XA, every door handle on the car was broken except the drivers door, at a shopping centre one afternoon I jokingly said that it'd be a ***** if that one broke and with that it promptly came off in his hands, took about half an hour to get into the thing once I had stopped laughing
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post