Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #31
ford.boy
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
It won't crap over the Duratec 35 though.

The negative rating isn't an indication that Ford will collapse, its just a kick in the **** for being managed poorly. Dearborn can crap on all they like about the future, but if they can't do what they say can be achieved then there's good reason for their stock downgrade. If this persists then Bill Ford Jr. should take a long holiday.
Right, so this Duratec 35 you speak of (forgive my complete ignorance of the up and comming engines from Ford) could be and indication that ford is starting to weed out the crap?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #32
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford.boy
Right, so this Duratec 35 you speak of (forgive my complete ignorance of the up and comming engines from Ford) could be and indication that ford is starting to weed out the crap?
They have already started to weed out the crap, once the Fusion, Five-Hundred and Freestyle have the 3.5 they will be an extremely competitive package. Bulid quality has improved also. The products are sound, Ford's program is just seen as too slow in the marketplace.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #33
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess the issue for our 4L is whether there are enough applications, enough efficiency of scale/returns, and sound distribution channels to warrant Ford to keep production going.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
They have already started to weed out the crap, once the Fusion, Five-Hundred and Freestyle have the 3.5 they will be an extremely competitive package. Bulid quality has improved also. The products are sound, Ford's program is just seen as too slow in the marketplace.
Do you have the exact power and torque figures, cause if I remember correctly its something like 150kw and 320nm, which puts it well behind the Barra 182 let alone the 240T. I really can't see Ford using one of these V6's as they just don't make enough grunt.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #35
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I really can't see Ford using one of these V6's as they just don't make enough grunt.
Well the problem is that Ford Aus has to do what FoMoCo tells them to do, and if FoMoCo says "you have to use this engine if your going to have a 6" then their options may be limited.

You don't really think Mitsubishi Aus wanted the TL Magna's nose - they were forced to have it on the principles of a "global face" by Boulay.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #36
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Do you have the exact power and torque figures, cause if I remember correctly its something like 150kw and 320nm, which puts it well behind the Barra 182 let alone the 240T. I really can't see Ford using one of these V6's as they just don't make enough grunt.
If the Duratec 3.0 has 154kW then I would safely assume the 3.5 has more power and torque.

I can only see FoA using the Duratec 35 if emission laws were tightened to such an extent that further development on the I6 is not economically viable.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Have a read of yesterdays Herald Sun cars guide if you can. Ford has been given a grant from the government of around $30 million to help development of the Barra 6. They will be focusing on passing future emissions levels and NVH. About time the government did something decent.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #38
rodderz

Quote:
Have a read of yesterdays Herald Sun cars guide if you can. Ford has been given a grant from the government of around $30 million to help development of the Barra 6. They will be focusing on passing future emissions levels and NVH. About time the government did something decent.
Yup read that too...good stuff by Ford and the government. As they said the current Barra engines more than meet emission levels but this grant will ensure the straight 6 will continue to be a clean engine till past 2010.

Later in the year the engines will meet Euro standards anyway so the engines will be running leaner....which means cleaner, and more power!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post