Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1137384169661&pagename=Page&c=DF YPage
Focus Specifications and Options

TDCi - 100kw/4000rpm, 320Nm/2000RPM
XR5 - 166kw/6000rpm, 320Nm/1600 to 4000RPM
Thanks. I wonder how good both models are out side by side. I like the XR5, looks good and definatley makes a statement. The TDCi has fantastic economy. I wonder how well that stack up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
I went with all of the above purely because they interior is quite bland without them, these are all xr5 standard equipment so they make it look that little bit nicer, just have to work out where to get the alloy door inserts and handles now All of the items are a bit pricey but for an extra 300 I think its worth it.
So you finally sold the AU. Now your in a TDCi?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally side by side I think the XR5 has it hands down, the exterior looks better and the interior is how it should look (kind of fairmont ghia v xt style) however I just could not gather the extra cash to pay for it, the lease company was going to shaft me on one. The diesel was a good balance of both power and looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Thanks. I wonder how good both models are out side by side. I like the XR5, looks good and definatley makes a statement. The TDCi has fantastic economy. I wonder how well that stack up
So you finally sold the AU. Now your in a TDCi?
Yep and selling the AU in hindsight was a good financial idea but I still look at XRs go by and want to get back in one, hopefully the next car will be along the same line XR8, v6 turbo etc
Old 07-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Personally side by side I think the XR5 has it hands down, the exterior looks better and the interior is how it should look (kind of fairmont ghia v xt style) however I just could not gather the extra cash to pay for it, the lease company was going to shaft me on one. The diesel was a good balance of both power and looks.

Yep and selling the AU in hindsight was a good financial idea but I still look at XRs go by and want to get back in one, hopefully the next car will be along the same line XR8, v6 turbo etc
I still have my AU, but it's lost it's shine a little. I've considered many times at getting rid of it. Eventhou I don't drive it's lots, it still handles well and goes great. Only 87,000 on the clock, so it still feels good.

Give a few more years and the later AU xr's will do well priced.

Thats great news then. Very keen to see the new range of focus and hearing feedback is good. Hope you enjoy the new car.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
You can get a flash tune to bring the TDCi to 130kw and 400Nm standard I think.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you know does this or where you can get this done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
You can get a flash tune to bring the TDCi to 130kw and 400Nm standard I think.