Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default How much?!?

I needed a replacement cable for my TomTom GPS, and so I went to the TomTom website and sure enough, USB car chargers are $30. Sweet, Add to Cart. Proceed to Checkout. Shipping is HOW MUCH?!?

-----------------

-----------------

Croikey! I ordered a genuine one off ebay for the same price but postage was only 8 bucks instead.

I was willing to pay 10, maybe 20 bucks postage, but that was ridiculous!

Timmeh

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shipping from America is terribly expensive.
In '02 when the wife and I were over there, we sent a box back to Australia. Wasn't too big, but still cost US$80.
Last year, we sent back 18 bottles of wine in 2 boxes (12 in one, 6 in the other with other crap thrown in). That cost us over US$700. Thankfully, the wife's work reimbursed us for that one.
Old 27-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Duke
The Duke

I'm getting some shooting gear sent over from the US. One company wanted to charge shipping of a few hundred dollars, another company, sending the same products, has quoted 1/3 of that. The products are cheap er over there and with reasonable shipping, it's still cheaper than buying locally - unfortunately.

Even my training supplements come from the US because their Australian distributor is heaps dearer. Go figure.