Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
KenP5coupe
JG70

Angry STOLEN!!! 88 XF ute with Gold bumper on Friday 7 Mar @ 3.50ish pm

Hi All,
On Friday arvo @ 3.50ish pm my white 88 XF ute with a Gold front bumper bar was stolen from the driveway of my home in Footscray Victoria. My neighbour saw it driving off and assumed I was driving the car. He also noticed a suss skinny guy possibly late 30s with a shaved head about 180cm tall (5'11" ish) riding up and down the street on a push bike right before the car drove off. He reckons this is the person who would have pinched it. :

The cars rego is RNL 566 though who knows if the plates are still on the car.
VIN/Chassis/Engine # is: JL40JE19610C
The Car is in roughish condition with standard wheels with chrome trim rings and a tired looking torneau with broken straps on the back tailgate. The car is on LPG and has 399,000 odd kays on the clock. Interior is brown.

The front bumper is a dull GOLD (standard XF) colour and it has the Single slat grill. (SVO?)

The car is a bit of a box and is not idling properly. On petrol it blows black smoke but not on gas. The clear coat is flaking off on the RH front guard. It's my daily driver runabout and I'm royally P***d that some sleazy F#@%3r has knocked it off and I want him dead and my car back

If anyone sees a ute matching this description (remember roughish white xf ute with gold bumper!) please get in contact with me on 0448 312 460. I know she is missing me!

Any info leading to me getting the car back would be ENORMOUSLY GREATLY appreciated and expressed with lots of BEER!

Thanks,

Ken.

PS It wasn't insured. :

Last edited by KenP5coupe; 11-03-2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Adding an ending.
KenP5coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heading over that way today so i will be extra vigilant.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
KenP5coupe
JG70

Cheers fella!
KenP5coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Boosh Brus

If its a bit of a box, why did he ride past checking it out before knocking it off?
Maybe the dumbass thought the bumper was made from real gold?

Good luck with the search.
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
ABoringUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_buckle
If its a bit of a box, why did he ride past checking it out before knocking it off?
Maybe the dumbass thought the bumper was made from real gold?

Good luck with the search.
Idiots like that are attracted to shiny things. We need to set up some cars like that hooked up to a high voltage, kinda like a bug zapper.

I hope you get it back, it's bad to hear of things like that happening.
ABoringUsername is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
red_hotxr6
Banned

Sorry to hear about your stolen ride, let us know if anything new happens..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Put your number in my phone just incase i see it driving around.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Had my rough XF s-pac wagon stolen from northside a few years back.....reported it without much hope........phone call from Mr Plod a week later tellin me it was in a mall carpark farrrrrrrrrrrr southside ........ "come n get it NOW before they come back for it" ......hightailed it over there....NO DAMAGE.......nuthin.......

Only damage it sustained was when I had to screwdrive open the fuel cap to avoid runnin outa fuel on the way home.....I didnt have keys with me........they used a skinny worn key to start it and left it turned to accessories.....bargain

Funny thing tho.....when cops said "GET IT NOW".......I said "cant....wife is out n shes got the keys.............

Cop said......."You can hotwire it can't you?"

Hope you are as lucky as I was, mate
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good story, mate at uni had his XF stolen five times in 12 months from various places around caufield and dandenong. He got it back pretty much undamaged each time within a week.

Bad story, another mate had his VC stolen from frankston. He got a call from the police who said the car had been sitting in a back street near southland shopping centre for the last 18 months with all the neighbours thinking it was someone elses car. Eventually someone got fed up with the now rusting sh1tbox and called the council.

Edit : PS, hope you get your car back. I'll keep my eyes open on this side of town...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post