Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #121
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Then the lead engineer said "Ok, then let's make it and find out why it doesn't work".
ahhh I remember those days...I miss being an engineer.
Old 23-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #122
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
ahhh I remember those days...I miss being an engineer.

I love that quote because it demonstrates on such a "real" level that he gets it. Those of us that have been there and done that know what I mean.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #123
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Thank you. I had no fear in making that statement that an auto worker would come in and say "I've worked the line for 12 years and I am great!"

So do you have draconian work conditions there???

What has been done or needs to be done for your wrist, if I may ask? Good luck with it.

Steve
Conditions are good, there's rehab if I need it, but its not that bad, just a little sore at times and the joint clicks at times. Comes and goes, nothing to worry about now, but long term may be a problem but more than likely the engine plant will shut down one day in the not to distant future, its just a matter of time before the V6 takes over from it, so it probably won't be an issue.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #124
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

GMAC - now a commercial bank, US Fed:-

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsev.../20081224a.htm
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #125
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Conditions are good, there's rehab if I need it, but its not that bad, just a little sore at times and the joint clicks at times. Comes and goes, nothing to worry about now, but long term may be a problem but more than likely the engine plant will shut down one day in the not to distant future, its just a matter of time before the V6 takes over from it, so it probably won't be an issue.

That's good to hear.

Yeah, it's not a matter of work conditions, it is the work being performed, period. Both of my thumbs snap real loud when I bend them. For a while my right thumb would lock before I would get it completely closed around something and after I lift what I was lifting from a table I would just drop it. I'd have to snap my thumb loose, take the pain, and pick it up again. Now it only snaps real loud, only hangs up a little, and I only worked on the line 4 years. I've been in skilled trades for 12.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post