Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
rodderz

Default Motor Show to alternate between Melb-Sydney

Taken from here http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...etween-cities/

Couldnt find it posted anywhere yet?

Quote:
AUSTRALIA'S leading motor show will be held alternately in Sydney and Melbourne each year from 2010 to make sure the event stays viable.

The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) and the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) have formed a joint venture to stage a single annual exhibition, dropping the practice of having shows in both cities.

The last solo show will be held in Melbourne from February 27 to March 9 this year.

There will be no Sydney motor show until the next one is staged in 2010.

FCAI chief executive Andrew McKellar said the joint venture would allow the exhibitions to go in a new direction while maintaining the tradition and heritage of shows in the two capitals.

"We are already making plans for Sydney in 2010 and are confident that under the new agreement, it will be an exciting and well-supported show," Mr McKellar said.

"The new model is viable and sustainable and takes into account the views of the many vehicle brands who considered the proliferation of motor shows in Australia as being too costly."

VACC executive director David Purchase said the agreement also established a strong relationship between the FCAI and VACC which would benefit the broader Australian automotive industry.

"The intention is to have the new events registered as the Australian International Motor Show," Mr Purchase said.

"This will enhance the stature of the motor shows and assist in attracting participation from overseas."

The new agreement also comes after several leading auto brands decided against exhibiting at last year's Sydney motor show and a move to cancel the Adelaide motor show in 2009 in response to the global economic downturn.

rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Its a pity, I've looked forward to the Melbourne motor show each year since the early 60's when I was a kid. Sometimes I miss it for some reason - being away for work etc, now if I miss it I'll have to wait another two years :(
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post