Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
78 Interceptor
Starter Motor

Default Why Holden Drivers should stay driving Holdens!

I have always felt that the right of an individual to modify their car as they see fit is and should always be upheld. However, if you look at the cover of the latest "StreetMachine- Fords"- you will see a beautiful street/strip style XY falcon given a full show quality resto. The sadness begins when you read that this XY is in fact a genuine XW GT that some Holden fan decided would look cooler dressed as an XY. It looks like an XY Falcon 500!!! To do this to such a beautiful car as an XW GT is a shame. Whilst this mans car itself looks great, I still I feel like there is something to be said for the preservation of such vehicles.
Now I love a good Holden, but perhaps Holden drivers should stick to owning Holdens and with this statement- I mean to target those "Fully Sick" Commodore owners who think a set of rims, a body kit and a sub-woofer in the boot make their cars unique!

Old 13-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
gozza

got tissues? plenty of "fully sick" falcon owners. people should really grow up and get over Holden and Ford. When you own a car, you can do what you want with it
Old 13-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

you took the words right out of my mouth gozza, their car let them do what they want, who gives a , i have seen plenty of falcons on this site,
Old 13-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think he made a fair point about molesting a genuine GT...

Old 13-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Obviously gozza and wicksy aren't into classic car preservation.
Perhaps the bloke should of bought a XY instead of an XW.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 Interceptor
I have always felt that the right of an individual to modify their car as they see fit is and should always be upheld. However, if you look at the cover of the latest "StreetMachine- Fords"- you will see a beautiful street/strip style XY falcon given a full show quality resto. The sadness begins when you read that this XY is in fact a genuine XW GT that some Holden fan decided would look cooler dressed as an XY. It looks like an XY Falcon 500!!! To do this to such a beautiful car as an XW GT is a shame. Whilst this mans car itself looks great, I still I feel like there is something to be said for the preservation of such vehicles.
Now I love a good Holden, but perhaps Holden drivers should stick to owning Holdens and with this statement- I mean to target those "Fully Sick" Commodore owners who think a set of rims, a body kit and a sub-woofer in the boot make their cars unique!

im with you interceptor i guess these other blokes arnt art lovers like us ,
Old 13-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Each to their own i think. If everyone had the same taste the world would be a boring place, end of story.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread