Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #31
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK250
Anyone know if there is going to be a free to air music channel?
I noticed one of the ABC channels had Rage going 1pm to 5pm yesterday afternoon.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #32
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser '81
I've seen the programing line up of "GO!" and I'm disappointed. Mostly just crap... Except for Seinfeld, that's an all-time classic sitcom. I was expecting the channel's lineup include some older classic shows which have been aired on the Nine Network in the past, except it's turned out to be a channel to solely appeal to younger generations and a place to put American shows that failed to rate well on channel 9 like Dance Your A$$ Off. But I hope that in future, it'll improve. Foxtel still flogs the Australian version of Match Game (Sorry, Blankety Blanks) which only lasted 2 seasons and is the only game show in Australia that I know of that's being rerun only because it was hosted by Graham Kennedy. Since Nine have an additional channel, they outta re screen game shows like Sale of the Century or Larry Emdur's version of The Price is Right if they still hold rights to air them.

We have Foxtel which drowns us with the same old repeats and only works intermittently (those idiots can't fix it and it takes forever to call them because of their unfriendly customer phone system). Also very limited with what we can get because it costs a fortune to have anymore channels than what we already have. And for some reason I have not been able to find "GO!" in the Foxtel TV guide. I wonder will it eventually appear in there one day, or I'm just not looking hard enough?
Go was only soft lauched a week ago, I'm guessing more and more shows will be added to the line up. When its officially launched then the TV guide should be good.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey does anyone know what all the different fta digital channels are, i just want to make sure i have stored them all because i also don't want the same channel more than once. But it seems some channels may have only a few different shows a day so i may have accidentally left them out, I have 12;

or is there a website or something that lists them?

Cheers
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
hey does anyone know what all the different fta digital channels are, i just want to make sure i have stored them all because i also don't want the same channel more than once. But it seems some channels may have only a few different shows a day so i may have accidentally left them out, I have 12;

Cheers
www.dtvforum.info
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
www.dtvforum.info
Thanks Flappist I also found it eventually at http://www.freeview.com.au/

here is a great link thanks flappist

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=8589

i think i will just tune all 15 channels (thats the first list less the radio which i don't need), if i can and even if some are showing the same stuff then too bad I will get a nice surprise one day, sick of retuning my fricken set.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #36
Mansal

Truth be told, I don't mind the new GO! channel - don't mind Fringe, 11th Hour...

...leaves Channel 9-proper more room for Two and a Half Men! :|
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #37
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont mind Go! either, but in reality, any thing decent I've seen on it, I saw on Austar 12-18 months ago.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
brazzwald
Starter Motor

The wife doesn't mind GO, but the transmission is very pixely, crappy quality. C'mon 9 get your act together, digital transmission doesn't mean analogue viewing (for us here in brissy), looks sh1thouse on the 42" plaz.

Also, when is 10 going to switch one of the HD channels back from One to HD ten? Annoying watching shows i know would look better in HD, there just isn't the option (or is there...)

Braz
brazzwald is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #39
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel

Cheers
similar to mine
1/ one hd
2/ abc
3/ sbs
6/ prime
7/ seven
8/ nbn
9/ ten
12/ abc2
22/ sbs2
99/ go
800/ nine

i removed abc3/ sbs3/ one sd/ 88go
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #40
cool65
carefactor zero

WOW
Marine Boy now on ! With Bolton & Piper in P1, Dr. Mariner & Prof. Fumbles at Ocean Patrol and with the amazing white dolphin Splasher
Ahh. this was on it the late 60's and I used to think his chewing gum that gave him the power to breathe underwater was the best - but not as good as the pendant that gave Prince Planet his superpower (i had one myself)
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #41
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
jeez...there's nothing worth watching on this new channel. Just when we thought Seinfeld was dead and buried, they bring it back!
I have to agree with you on this Rodderz when something is dead you never dig it up. I did like Fringe tho.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #42
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Who watches telly? i do on the odd occasion, my housemate just downloads everything. got terrabytes of tv and movies!!!

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
LANKY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #43
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I watched the Bounty Hunter on GO! the other night, got to love his wife though, NOT!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post