Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default easternats to calder

yes I know its a while off yet, and used to be at sandown raceway - but its being moved to calder, I know this because my father has been an entrant and me a co-driver for the last 5 years or so and was sent an entry form to enter his car, says event is to be held at calder park raceway.

Also that event became a corporate dog of a thing with events tagged to corporate sponsors "repco burnouts" etc.. that is what the events were called officially, and it too went down the toilet and I didn't go last year and from what my father tells me its turned to crap and I doubt he will enter this year even.

Anybody else heard of the shift to calder and know why its happening apart from the people complaining in houses around sandown raceway?

<<edit>>http://www.easternats.com.au/

it says calder on the webby even for those that doubt

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

There was an article about it in one of my performance ford mags, something about the melbourne racing club not paying for permits resulting in fines or something similar and noise complaints.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

I just checked out the site and noticed its gone to Calder... and $45 to enter as a spectator, what a joke!
Old 15-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey
I just checked out the site and noticed its gone to Calder... and $45 to enter as a spectator, what a joke!
They do make it a little expensive for 'mum and dad' spectators...

I live about 10 mins from Calder, and used to go all the time to the events held there....

But now it is just ridiculous...

By the time you get fleeced at the entry, you've then gotta pay for overpriced hot dogs, donuts, and bottles of coke... and if you actually would like to have a beer or bourbon... Cha Ching....$$$

If they halved the price, they'd get DOUBLE the patronage...

But - what would I know right!??!
Old 15-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
And then it would be ten times better!

There is a thread on this in the VIC/TAS events area too:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11282061
Old 15-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Pouki
Crusin

what a joke.... i wont be attending this year!! rediculous!!! :(
Old 15-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukey

Most of which goes towards Bobs divorce settlement

Quote:

LOL so they'd make the same money but have twice as much work to do and mess to clean up

It reminds me of when they first tired to have I think it was called "motorfest", I went and it was pretty much a burnout comp on the thunderdome track, and a pretty poor one at that.

The only thing Calder knows how to do is rip people off and destroy events, woops that's 2.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
The only thing Calder knows how to do is rip people off and destroy events, woops that's 2.
thats BS, ive been to a really good event there this one time...oh, sorry, actually that was Sandown...my mistake!

cmon, the guns and roses concert there was alright from what i heard............... :togo:
Old 15-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
cmon, the guns and roses concert there was alright from what i heard............... :togo:
Then you heard wrong. I went and it was a clusterf**k of epic proportions.

Ever wonder why Calder wasn't used for more concerts?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
LOL so they'd make the same money but have twice as much work to do and mess to clean up
Point taken....
Old 15-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the fact that people who move next to a racetrack can complain about the noise.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Point taken....

LOL no offence but couldn't be helped
Old 15-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
I love the fact that people who move next to a racetrack can complain about the noise.
this happens all to frequently they (people) buy somewhere undesirable and scream and and moan till its fixed then their property value skyrockets and they sell up and move somewhere else that has a similar issue - by the way I hate those people - another example is those that buy right near a highway in melbourne then whine about the noise from the highway so noise barriers are erected which imho are an eyesore then the property owners' land value skyrockets - I feel these people are being whiny leeches on the community - but thats just me

Old 15-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #14
XRQTR
TBA Customs

There was a state (Vic) government law passed in the 90's I think it was regarding pubs, ha?? let me explain.

In the 90's many of the "cool chic" set started moving into flats in Richmond and Collingwood, a) it was cheap and b) it was closer to work for others. Anywho, suddenly a stream of complaints started about the noise levels of the pubs next to which many of them had moved. The state government realised that these people knew full well that they would be moving in next to such a place and ruled that ignorance was no excuse with regard to noise levels from the band nights in particular, but also from patrons arriving and leaving in the early hours.

I can't see why they can't extend this ruling to sports events........oh hang on that's right, it's Brumbies recession fight back scam, erm scheme, if you want to have fun in Vic then you can pay for it. I say this because I'm pretty sure that this rule has been overturned recently ( a couple of years ago ) because someone couldn't sleep in the house they just bought due to the noise from the local pub with very little objection by the government.

Just like the Tote in Collingwood, the only reason they're closing it down is because the land is now so valuable that the government would prefer developers to come in and increase the surrounding land value which in turn increases rates so everyones happy........ everyone that makes money out of it anyway.
Old 15-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
this happens all to frequently they (people) buy somewhere undesirable and scream and and moan till its fixed then their property value skyrockets and they sell up and move somewhere else that has a similar issue - by the way I hate those people - another example is those that buy right near a highway in melbourne then whine about the noise from the highway so noise barriers are erected which imho are an eyesore then the property owners' land value skyrockets - I feel these people are being whiny leeches on the community - but thats just me
That doesn't happen to be near the Melbourne airport by any chance? There are these bloodu ugly wood fence things near the estate there.

I like the new land development that is happening just at the start of the Tullamarine freeway, the old dump site which no doubt is turning into a housing estate.

I can see it now, Melbourne Airport being closed because of noise complaints What moron would build a house right near a bloody international airport?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #16
79bluexd
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 people f%63ed up easternats , because they were doing donuts on the track right next to the fence and breached noise limits the burnouts were suppose top be restricted to the main straight area
79bluexd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #17
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79bluexd
2 people f%63ed up easternats , because they were doing donuts on the track right next to the fence and breached noise limits the burnouts were suppose top be restricted to the main straight area
what a pair of retreads..... great work there.....

Old 16-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Top fuel nationals at Calder used to be awesome... in 1995
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #19
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79bluexd
That and having the rocket car there without a permit are the official reasons, but theres also a certain manager there that feels like he/she needed to change the world and had no interest in this event and i reality these incidents were nothing that didnt happen before. IMO only the location of Sdown is ideal but the pits and some of the (CAR) racing facilities are very very dated/average to the point of the V8's have even talked of pulling out of the place. The whole track needs to be re layed. In need of big $ imo which is probly part of the reason the crowds of V8's massively there in the last couple of years.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post