Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #31
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think rates at least are very regulated. They cannot go up above a certain %age per year (say 5-6% I think). Anything more and they need to ask for permission.

They really should stop these double digit increases for living expenses most must pay. Rents for those who rent are the highest they have ever been, and rates for those who have a mortgage are heading north at warp 9.... eventually something will have to give.

i think Mt Isa and Townsville went up around 8% last year.now they are talking about charging for water etc seperately.lucky for now they dont charge for bores yet lol,or id go broke watering my acre lol.

if a politician actually got in a car and drove from Brissy to Cairns and then from Townsville to Mt Isa and seen how fingered the roads in north and western Qld are id have so much more respect for them,but sadly they will never do that and our rego will never get better roads up here.one reason north of Rocky should be a seperate state.
our rego does include third party which other states pay seperately i think as stated in the qld rego thread a while back.
Old 29-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #32
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8
i think Mt Isa and Townsville went up around 8% last year.now they are talking about charging for water etc seperately.lucky for now they dont charge for bores yet lol,or id go broke watering my acre lol.

if a politician actually got in a car and drove from Brissy to Cairns and then from Townsville to Mt Isa and seen how fingered the roads in north and western Qld are id have so much more respect for them,but sadly they will never do that and our rego will never get better roads up here.one reason north of Rocky should be a seperate state.
our rego does include third party which other states pay seperately i think as stated in the qld rego thread a while back.

8% for what? (I thought everyone was whinging at the state gov here?)
But since we now are having a whinge about councils, I dunno what 8% rise you referring to?

25% rise in 2yrs here in Townsville since amalgamation.
Water is already capped to certain level of consumption in most major centers and you get charged excess water. So this isnt something new or changing.

The council here have blatently lied to the population about the rate rises, yet no one here gives a damn. They blatently spend money on pathetic and usless enterprises, instead of infrastructure.... yet again, no here gives a damn.

****ing and moaning on here doesnt fix the issue....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #33
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Maxine
Blame the insurance companies - it's their premiums that form the majority of the price rise. Compulsory third party insurance is the highest component of registration costs.

Shazz
not in QLD it isnt
3rd party is $181 for 6 monts rego on a 6 cyl rego is over $260 for same period
Old 29-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #34
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So you keep reminding us.

****ing and moaning about everyone's opinion doesn't do much either.
Old 29-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #35
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
8% for what? (I thought everyone was whinging at the state gov here?)
But since we now are having a whinge about councils, I dunno what 8% rise you referring to?

25% rise in 2yrs here in Townsville since amalgamation.
Water is already capped to certain level of consumption in most major centers and you get charged excess water. So this isnt something new or changing.

The council here have blatently lied to the population about the rate rises, yet no one here gives a damn. They blatently spend money on pathetic and usless enterprises, instead of infrastructure.... yet again, no here gives a damn.

I enjoy this Forum... Truly I do!.. Have since day one, and will continue to!
But Mr. Goose, blokes like you ruin it and really bloody arc me up!
Thread after thread you rant on about apathy and "keyboard warriers" on here doing nothing bar whinging and moaning.....
How about YOU tell US what YOU'RE bloody doing mate?...
You making the placards and banners for YOUR march to take the world on?
You organising the petitions and group emails to the powers that be?.. Are YOU?
If not.. Get off your bloody soapbox and treat this place as it should be treated.. A FORD lovers forum!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 29-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #36
EB-92
Plus Buster

I Blame Television.

On the topic though i just payed 1402 for my XR8. Yeah it is crap, but if we dont pay it, we dont drive its as simple as that.

Cheers.
Rodney.
Old 29-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #37
Dodge
i like to be stroked

ford spare parts are a frickn ripp off , whats the mark up there? 600%
Old 29-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #38
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Queenslanders

Here is your chance to have a say

Right now the govt is having a review on CTP premiums due to the fact that all CTP insurers filed premiums at the maximum allowable level...fancy that!!

The Class 1 (most private cars) premiums currently are actually around $10 cheaper than they were in 2003, but what they forget to say is they are $100 dearer than the cheapest point in 2007. Table on the MAIC website.

I can send you a longer letter from the Treasurer if you want to PM me

Submissions address

Mr John Hand
Commissioner
Motor Accident Insurance Commission

maic@maic.qld.gov.au

Address
Level 9, 33 Charlotte Street
GPO Box 1083
BRISBANE QLD 4001 Australia
Old 29-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #39
EB-92
Plus Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
ford spare parts are a frickn ripp off , whats the mark up there? 600%
Buy an MV Agusta. Then you'l know expensive parts haha.
Old 29-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #40
robbyg
72xa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Thread after thread you rant on about apathy and "keyboard warriers" on here doing nothing bar whinging and moaning.....
If not.. Get off your bloody soapbox and treat this place as it should be treated.. A FORD lovers forum!!
Gess Charlie you gave Jimbo a pizzling, mate i know where ya coming from, but that is why this country is awesome we can thrash this stuff out, say what we want think the way we want and not get hung for it
Old 29-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #41
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I for one like to do both, that is:

1) Winge, vent and cry about the Government and the likes
2) Actually action this too. There are pertitions going around, and I have sent numerous letters to both state and federal governments.

When I winge, I truly do winge, to anyone and everyone who'll listen. No use half assing your winging. I'm tempted to attach my recent letter to Anna Bligh regarding the state of our roads, and the fact my car is covered in her crappy roads while paying more rego than a Victorian pays for a V8. No reply as of yet, so I sent a copy to the transport minister and local council. Marches and riots are not my style
Old 29-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #42
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool

I didnt start in this thread whinging about the Labour party and it woes.
So look at other members on here.

Re- Read the above sentence when you tell me its a Ford Forum.
Someone moaned about a rego hike which occured 12months ago and was announced 18months ago.

If you followed what I have been trying to say is that the population in general DOESNT CARE what the government does and really does not want to get out there and do anything about it.

A petition? What does that do? kill trees?

Vote in 3yrs times? what does that do?

I gave an example of the propsed sale of QLD RAIL. Wheres the public outcry?
There is none, except from a small number of union members.

The pay situaton with public health workers. 10 weeks of incorrect pay and some havent even been paid at all!
Wheres the out cry? I havent even seen a thread here about it. No public reaction, just a few union members on TV.

Gee why dont I organise something.... yea... right. With attitudes like yours, tellin ME to do something about it. Why dont you? Instead all you can do is what everyone else does and simply want other people to do something about it.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 29-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #43
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I didnt start in this thread whinging about the Labour party and it woes.
So look at other members on here.

Re- Read the above sentence when you tell me its a Ford Forum.
Someone moaned about a rego hike which occured 12months ago and was announced 18months ago.

If you followed what I have been trying to say is that the population in general DOESNT CARE what the government does and really does not want to get out there and do anything about it.

A petition? What does that do? kill trees?

Vote in 3yrs times? what does that do?

I gave an example of the propsed sale of QLD RAIL. Wheres the public outcry?
There is none, except from a small number of union members.

The pay situaton with public health workers. 10 weeks of incorrect pay and some havent even been paid at all!
Wheres the out cry? I havent even seen a thread here about it. No public reaction, just a few union members on TV.

Gee why dont I organise something.... yea... right. With attitudes like yours, tellin ME to do something about it. Why dont you? Instead all you can do is what everyone else does and simply want other people to do something about it.
Why don't you get off your *** and protest about how bad this thread is. Get some banners and march somewhere you will feel important. Better than bitching and moaning about it on here isnt it
Old 29-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #44
EB-92
Plus Buster

Isnt this section of the forum used for bitching / moaning / crying / opinions etc ?.
Its labeled the pub. I havent seen mechanical training programs etc in one of those before ?.
Old 30-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

For a thread that started out about the price of registration look where we are now.
Political, personal insults and moaning about anything else we can throw in.
All we need is a box.

Closed

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread