Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Zero_PSI
Banned

Default Woman sets fire to husband

Kills him and gets a good behaviour bond.

What the hell? We live in a society where murders are free to walk the streets yet kids can face jail time for "hoon" driving. The justice system is a JOKE

Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Default Re: Woman sets fire to husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
Kills him and gets a good behaviour bond.

What the hell? We live in a society where murders are free to walk the streets yet kids can face jail time for "hoon" driving. The justice system is a JOKE
I wonder what would have happened if it was the man that killed his wife?
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
I wonder what would have happened if it was the man that killed his wife?
THe man would be labelled a monster, his face and name would be plastered everywhere and there would be every feminist stating how badly men treat women nowadays...

I think feminism is a flawed concept. I believe in equality.
With the good, you take the bad, but I am finding too much for a massive skew in the courts nowdays...unjustly.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

so what are the facts behind the story???
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
Spudz27
Call me Spud

yeah well we all know the current legal system is flawed and government does not listen. Just like today the navy boards a vessel to free hostages from somali pirates, but then they give said pirates, food, water and communication equipment and send them on their way, WTF!!!!. Also there is an investigation into the handling of the riots on christmas island, again WTF, are we now saying you can do as you please? Anyway I will shut up now before I get into trouble.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
Zero_PSI
Banned

She was a domestic abuse victim. Planned an attack which resulted in his death. Feminists call it a kill or be killed situation and she gets away with it.
Old 14-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

There is always a story behind it - and a reason for someone not to go to jail because of it...I seriously hope there is a good one in this case...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

got a link to the story
Old 14-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was that the crazy one that poured metho on his dicky bird.. err.. just enough to burn a bloody house down.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
She was a domestic abuse victim. Planned an attack which resulted in his death. Feminists call it a kill or be killed situation and she gets away with it.
well, if you saw your mum get beaten up, you might understand that the feminists have a very valid point
Old 14-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not condoning this but I'm guessing he was not father of the year.

Maybe set fire the bloke who threw his daughter off a bridge too, I'd like to watch that.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Victor...e1-684739.aspx

I don't blame the woman to be honest...and that isn't the feminist in me speaking that's for sure...

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 14-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

http://www.news.com.au/national/****...-1226038524894

There's a lot of facts that would have swayed the jury, maybe he got what he had coming!
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 14-04-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...310-1boxz.html

Quote:
Narayan had previously told the court she initially wanted only to burn the tip of her husband's ***** to "purify" it and to have him end the extramarital relationship and stay with her.

But as she approached him in bed, he turned his back on her and called her a "fat, dumb *****", at which point she lost control.

The sentence is to be determined at a date to be fixed.
Old 14-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure I'd call my wife a fat ***** while she is holding a can of petrol and a match.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
That's a month old!
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #17
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mistreatment of women is of course appalling but you have got to wonder why she didn't just up and leave years earlier.
But keeping the guy away isn't that easy either, and cultural pressures to stay are a factor.
The whole business is horrible. No winnners here.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #18
Zero_PSI
Banned

I dont condone domestic violence. But i really don't support murder. I'd argue my point about killing someone in their sleep not being self defence but if anybody's got a brain they'll see my point.
Old 15-04-2011, 12:05 AM   #19
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
That's a month old!

I can keep going back. This incident happened a couple of years ago.

It is funny that the previous articles don't talk of wife beating but more of jealousy because he was having an affair....actually going back further she thought he was having an affair.

Seems like she got a good layer.
Old 15-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #20
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
Mistreatment of women is of course appalling but you have got to wonder why she didn't just up and leave years earlier
if they could just leave, then they would not be getting beaten up in the first place

Quote:
But keeping the guy away isn't that easy either, and cultural pressures to stay are a factor
virtually impossible if the weak mongrel is serious - plus cultural pressures can add another dimension as you suggested

Quote:
The whole business is horrible. No winnners here.
if she was getting beaten, then he derserved it in my opinion. the article however does not mention very much about getting beaten and going by the article it would seem it was done because he was allegedly cheating, which if that is true, puts everything in a different light
Old 15-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #21
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't like the way our society is heading with all this. If the man had done the burning, he'd be doing a long stint in jail.

A few years back a lady got dressed in camo, hid in the bushes and peppered her husband with a .22. Similar situation to the one in this thread, and she got let off. If that wasn't premeditated, then what the heck is?

I think domestic violence is a disgraceful thing and to think that people do that sort of thing to the ones they are supposed to love is just abhorrent. However, if you plan to hurt someone then you've also transgressed and therefore should be held accountable. I do concede that in such cases where someone has been beaten and mistreated over a period of time, the penalty would generally be accepted as less severe, but they still have committed a crime.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #22
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
However, if you plan to hurt someone then you've also transgressed and therefore should be held accountable
it is a tough one, because it can sometimes be a case of kill or be killed. or worse - kill or be bullied, tormented & beaten until eventually you are killed

i certainly do not know where to draw the line for criminal charges, but as you suggested, sometimes a bit a leniency is a good option. it is yet another situation where if you have not been involved in it, you have no idea on how bad it can be. unfortunately too many people do know

on the other side of the coin, someone can claim to have been beaten and get off scott free for murder because they are good at acting
Old 15-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it is a tough one, because it can sometimes be a case of kill or be killed. or worse - kill or be bullied, tormented & beaten until eventually you are killed

i certainly do not know where to draw the line for criminal charges, but as you suggested, sometimes a bit a leniency is a good option. it is yet another situation where if you have not been involved in it, you have no idea on how bad it can be. unfortunately too many people do know

on the other side of the coin, someone can claim to have been beaten and get off scott free for murder because they are good at acting

+1.

The previous comments that if it were a man, he would have been thrown in jail are for the most part true and there is always some form of double standard; despite changes in equality, women are still seen as the weaker sex and therefore need protecting. From a female perspective, things that upset women, may not necessarily upset men.

Physical and emotional abuse don't just manifest overnight, for a woman to do something like this - I find it very hard to believe that it was 'just an affair'. I could, however, be wrong.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 16-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #24
fmc351
let it burn

If it was legal for you to belt your wife, would you? Im hoping the answer is no. So going with no for most men, we also know some men would. And we know some do despite the laws against it. What makes us think women are any different? Played right, a woman could murder a half decent husband and get away with it. I say half decent because it would be much harder if the man was well known to be a great husband and father. However the odd argument overheard, and the odd bruise from say bumping a table and a woman could set up a perfect defence. It would take some planning, but lets not assume a woman would never do such a thing.

We live in a society that offers many outs for a woman. Call the cops when he is at work, when she is at work, or any number of other times. Go to the Salvos and watch them place her in a safe house with her kids. Courts favour mothers over fathers in custody disputes. And a single mum isnt without financial support.

Unless the woman is in current danger, there really is no excuse today IMO. Its not perfect, but then what is a mans perfect protection?

Its funny in a way that 50 yrs ago when society was different a woman did need such understanding, and it wasnt there. Yet now that society has moved forward in this regard, we offer it belatedly, and stupidly.

I know there is a psychological aspect to domestic violence, but lets not excuse weak willed or masochistic women, who finally after subjecting themselves to an ******** for years, of murder.

Do I care that a wife basher is dead? No. Assuming he is guilty.
Do I care that the wife who subjected herself to that long enough to just snap is walking free? Yes.

Last edited by fmc351; 16-04-2011 at 01:57 AM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #25
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Fair point. I'm not advocating a women or bloke for that matter who's being belted not do anything. That's a clear case of self-defence.

The case we've been discussing had a women set fire to someone who was asleep. A big difference.

Quote:
Yep, being involved in such circumstances would be horrible. I really feel for those who for whatever reason, cannot leave such abusive relationships.
I do however have less sympathy for those who refuse to leave.

Quote:
I wonder how often this has happened?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 16-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
If it was legal for you to belt your wife, would you? Im hoping the answer is no. So going with no for most men, we also know some men would. And we know some do despite the laws against it. What makes us think women are any different? Played right, a woman could murder a half decent husband and get away with it. I say half decent because it would be much harder if the man was well known to be a great husband and father. However the odd argument overheard, and the odd bruise from say bumping a table and a woman could set up a perfect defence. It would take some planning, but lets not assume a woman would never do such a thing. .
Gutsy comment. If I raised this topic with my collegues, (I'm a teacher - over 75% whom are women) I'd be crucified! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Unless the woman is in current danger, there really is no excuse today IMO.
Agreed, but I'm sure that people who are in constant fear for their life wouldn't exactly be thinking rationally. I guess that's the whole point of this legal line of defence isn't it? Even if they aren't in danger, they may think they are.

A bit tricky. Like has been said above, we don't really know the situation.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 16-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
gtxb67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Yep, being involved in such circumstances would be horrible. I really feel for those who for whatever reason, cannot leave such abusive relationships.
I do however have less sympathy for those who refuse to leave
unfortunately you cannot just leave if you want. if a woman is to leave, it must be after the first hit. normally she forgives him for that one and by the time the second one comes, it is too late. the threats and fear have already started - plus the derogative comments that are only used to bring self esteem so low, that no one in the situations feels there is any other choice

if a man is willing to hit a women, there is a fair chance he is willing to find her - where ever she is. the movie sleeping with the enemy with julia roberts is a fairly accurate representation of what goes on and can happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I wonder how often this has happened?
maybe too much, but my guess would be it is more common for rape and harrassment cases
Old 16-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a crazy woman once chucked an ashtray at my head... i ducked and PMSL..... wrong..... it all went quiet then the sneaky ***** snuck up and smashed me over the head with a frying pan... k you win.. ouch.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post